Mathews Halon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Halon

So I broke down & bought my first new bow from a store. This will be my first as all other purchases have been via craigslist, etc. I bought the Mathews Halon & im hanging up my z7. I feel awkward shooting a dual cam Mathews, like some how I'm breaking the solo cam rules or cheating some idea that I'd "never shoot a dual cam". But I suppose it was time for me seeing it seems Mathews is heading that direction too. So I shot a few dif bows, & I've got to be honest. Man I love this bow. I shot the no cam htr & it felt great, but honestly the halon??? I can't find a word that describes just how nice & smooth this bow is. It just draws back so clean & nice, it's so comfortable to shoot. With my z7, It's weird like I felt like I got more of a workout with it then I do flinging arrows with my halon. It also releases just as smooth. This thing is just a joy to shoot & I'm really stoked to have this bow. Just thought I'd share in case any of u were on the fence whether to buy or not. Obviously everything is user preference, but man what a ef'ing awesome bow.

I have it set currently at 68 lbs with a 28.5 draw length.

2016 Halon 6"
    Blk Gld Vengeance 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro
    Limbsaver LS Hunter 9.5
    Tight Spot quiver
    Victory VAP Xpert Series
    Last edited by Heckmonkey; 02-15-2016, 03:29 PM. Reason: deleted pic

I love mine. 3 shots, 3 path throughs, 3 deer down inside of 50 yards this past season. It kills deer deader than any other bow I've ever shot!

Comment

Deleted pic not sure what was happening. If you clicked on my bow pic that I uploaded from "post image" it had some strange half naked lady advertisements? below my image? Crazy!! ha ha ha!
      Last edited by Heckmonkey; 02-15-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        I love mine. 3 shots, 3 path throughs, 3 deer down inside of 50 yards this past season. It kills deer deader than any other bow I've ever shot!

Comment

Last edited by Heckmonkey; 02-15-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Love Mine as well! Congrats

Comment

I've been waiting on mine since the second week in December when I placed my order.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
                  Love Mine as well! Congrats
                  Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
                    I've been waiting on mine since the second week in December when I placed my order.
                    Are you getting it in black, or in one of the other colors then camo like mine is lost camo xd.

I wouldve had to been put on a waiting list for the all black. I didnt want to wait months for that. I loved the bow and now the camo has really grown on me so I am pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      You sold the PSE????? I will have a Halon 6 by end of march, I shot it last week and am sold... Waiting for my CPA to tell me how much I owe the Tax man now.

LWR2

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
                        You sold the PSE????? I will have a Halon 6 by end of march, I shot it last week and am sold... Waiting for my CPA to tell me how much I owe the Tax man now.

LWR2
                        Yep that was me, tried it and was just like wow? This thing is amazing!

Comment

Sorry yall couldnt figure out how to upload these pics like a regular size? If yall know a site or how to upload pics to forums please let me know. I used to got to post image but now its linking crazy pictures/advertisements to the images if you click on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckmonkey View Post
                            Are you getting it in black, or in one of the other colors then camo like mine is lost camo xd.

I wouldve had to been put on a waiting list for the all black. I didnt want to wait months for that. I loved the bow and now the camo has really grown on me so I am pumped.
                            I ordered mine blacked out with the red strings I hope it comes soon

Comment

Here's mine....I wanted black, but went with the Lost Camo due to availability. Don't regret it at all!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X