No announcement yet.

2017 Yote Kill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on getting out tomorrow morning and doing some calling.
    Seen several coyotes lately so hopefully have some luck.

Be using a Foxpro with Decoy and either a Remington 17 or my 300 blackout.

Comment

Ttt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot this one back in Jan or feb, missed a couple since then.

Mangy mutt she was...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1169.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	24497696

But the bobcat I got off the same stand was prime & BIG, 32.4 pounds!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1168.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	24497697

Been hard calling them in lately now that food is more plentiful. Any spring time calling tips?

Comment

That's a real nice bobcat playa.

Comment

I would think fawn in distress would work pretty good. Yote pups should be dropping/venturing, so coyote pup distress might work also.

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
              That's a real nice bobcat playa.
              Thanks, it's in the freezer. I should do a full body, but I'm light on funds. Hoping to skin it and tan the hide.

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              I would think fawn in distress would work pretty good. Yote pups should be dropping/venturing, so coyote pup distress might work also.

Hadn't thought about fawn in distress, not a lot of deer up here, but there a few where I call.

I recorded my infant daughter fussing (momma wasn't too happy about that!) but it's the only thing that has worked for us lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Thanks, it's in the freezer. I should do a full body, but I'm light on funds. Hoping to skin it and tan the hide.

Hadn't thought about fawn in distress, not a lot of deer up here, but there a few where I call.

I recorded my infant daughter fussing (momma wasn't too happy about that!) but it's the only thing that has worked for us lately.
                I don't by any means claim to be a good at calling in predators, but I was just thinking about the babies that are hitting the ground and vulnerable. Deer, rabbits, and yotes are what comes to mind.

Comment

Ended 2017 with 18 more and 3 wounded. So 42 total not including the wounded ones or coyotes I called in and someone else shot.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    Ended 2017 with 18 more and 3 wounded. So 42 total not including the wounded ones or coyotes I called in and someone else shot.

Sounds like you had a good year. Congrats. I think I got 5 coyotes last year. Good luck in 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took nephew out last week called in his first he was pumped.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X