Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it about Iran capturing those 10 sailers earlier this year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it about Iran capturing those 10 sailers earlier this year....

that ****** me off so much? There appears to be more to this story than what we know currently. I don't know how it all went down and they probably did the right thing by surrendering, but something about all of this makes me a bit angry. I don't like how it makes us look and Iran knows our POTUS is weak and continues to call us out.

The classified details behind Iran’s treatment of several U.S. sailors who were captured by the Islamic Republic during a tense standoff earlier this year are likely to shock the nation, according to one member of the House Armed Services Committee, who disclosed to the Washington Free Beacon that these details are currently being withheld by the Obama administration.

On FOX NEWS now

Comment

Sad...

Comment

Wasn't there one female sailor in the group? Nothing has ever been said about her or her treatment by these animals.

Comment

Quite a few folks on the TBH thread back then were saying this situation appeared very odd in multiple ways. Obviously, a few folks saw beyond the newscaster dribble on every channel.

Comment

Jus say'n

Granted this is the Army Code of Conduct.

I

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

II

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

III

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

IV

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

V

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

VI

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

That being said. It has been the opinion of several grizzled old vets that I have spoken with, that they were likely either "delivered" to their captors or ordered to surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              Jus say'n

Granted this is the Army Code of Conduct.

That being said. It has been the opinion of several grizzled old vets that I have spoken with, that they were likely either "delivered" to their captors or ordered to surrender.
              I wondered this myself. Was my first thought.

Comment

“I think clearly there were violations of international and maritime law that took place here,” Forbes said. “We [the United States] did almost nothing in response, in fact, to have Secretary [of State John] Kerry actually thank them for releasing our sailors after they way they captured them, I think was a slap in the sailors’ face.”

“The administration will not stand up and say this is just wrong,” he added. “Instead of thanking them the administration should be standing up and saying it’s wrong.”

The F'd us.

And then we thanked them.

Comment

im sure we gave them something in return

Comment

Iran is demanding the U.S. pay for 63 years of “spiritual and material damage.” The Iranian parliament cited examples of U.S. “hostile action” towards Tehran such as alleged U.S. support for a 1953 military coup in Iran.........

Iran’s claim is in direct response to the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision last month demanding Iran hand over nearly $2 billion in frozen assets to the survivors and relatives of those killed in attacks that Iran organized, including the 1983 bombing of a U.S. marine barracks in Beirut that killed 241.

There is a lot more than we are being told.

Comment

Working...
                    X