What's a "True Conservative"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    I got 76% conservative. I know everyone was waiting on pins and needles to know that!

Neat tool, thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
      I got 76% conservative. I know everyone was waiting on pins and needles to know that!

Neat tool, thanks for posting.
      Only 76%? I got 87% and I consider myself slightly right of center.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
        It really depends on what issues we are talking about. I believe most conservatives want smaller govertment, less "free" programs/lower taxes and have a "up by your bootstraps mentatility". You want it, you earn it so to speak.

Most liberals or as they like to called progressives think the government should be the answer to all the problems and issues people have. Remember when Hillary said it takes a village, lmao.

I do believe that someone can be conservative fiscally and moderate to somewhat liberal on social issues. Look back in the 60's and 70's, and you will find the New England Republicans which is the Bush lineage and Rockfeller Republicans. Hell, we had a resourgance of them to elect Pataki three times in New York, maybe the most liberal large state!

I really am tired of the extreme right wing of the party right now...the fact that y'alls golden boy "**** Cruz" got stomped anywhere that wasn't hardcore conservative tells you the limited appeal of your message. I don't think Trump is perfect but we had a process and elections. He won the elections and votes. It's time to get behind him and make sure that we dont get stuck with a third term of Obama aka Hillary...
        Trump and his supporters also believe that government is the answer. He/they just think government needs someone different in charge of all the huge government interventions into everything. Advocates of limited government see that for what it is - just more big government control and corruption. We've had different people in charge of it for decades, and the corruption doesn't go away. The problem isn't the people in charge of big government. The problem is big government.

Comment

Do you not think we need accountability by the government?

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
            Do you not think we need accountability by the government?
            Of course we do. And one of the best ways to improve government accountability and reduce government corruption and waste is to reduce the size and scope of the federal government - get them involved in less. Government is the problem, not the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              So weeks and months have been spent proclaiming Trump is a conservative.....now we have diluted the meaning of "True Conservative " so it fits our narrative. Just let it go.
              Hit a nerve did it? You switching parties?
              Last edited by PondPopper; 05-09-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Trump and his supporters also believe that government is the answer. He/they just think government needs someone different in charge of all the huge government interventions into everything. Advocates of limited government see that for what it is - just more big government control and corruption. We've had different people in charge of it for decades, and the corruption doesn't go away. The problem isn't the people in charge of big government. The problem is big government.
                There is no getting rid of government. That can't happen. It's a pipe dream.. Impossible. We can't function without it.
                Big government isn't the BIG problem. It is all the corrupt, agenda driven, bought politicians, on both sides, running the big government. They are failing miserably in every catagory..
                If our elected officials would start working for the citizens of this country, with our safety and best interest in mind, big government would not be such a problem as it is today.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Hit a nerve did it? You switching parties?
                  Switching to the trans-Rublican party.....naaa....don't think so
                  Y'all created this soup sandwich....simmer in it a while !

Didn't hit a nerve either, just reinforced what I already knew.

Comment

There is no getting rid of government. That can't happen. It's a pipe dream.. Impossible. We can't function without it.
                    Big government isn't the BIG problem. It is all the corrupt, agenda driven, bought politicians, on both sides, running the big government. They are failing miserably in every catagory..
                    If our elected officials would start working for the citizens of this country, with our safety and best interest in mind, big government would not be such a problem as it is today.
                    I didn't say get rid of government. I said reduce the size and scope of it. Big government IS the problem. The only possible way to reduce government corruption and abuse is to reduce the size and scope of government. The idea that we could somehow get all elected officials in government to work for the citizens is the pipe dream. That's just not ever gonna happen. There is too much money and power in big government. That, in and of itself, is corrupting. Limiting government's size and scope by returning to the government established and described in the Constitution is the only way we'll ever stand a chance of reducing government corruption. You can rearrange the name tags on all the office doors in Washington all you want, but that'll never fix the problem.

Oh, and we'll never get rid of all government corruption and abuse. The best we can do is reduce and limit it. Can't do that without reigning in the size of the beast.

Comment

Both of these candidates will grow the govt even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                        Both of these candidates will grow the govt even more.
                        Yes sir.

Comment

So now we have "conservatives" jumping ship and becoming "libertarians"???? Mass confusion.. The left love this stuff.
                          Oh well. SMH.

Comment

So now we have "conservatives" jumping ship and becoming "libertarians"????
                            Oh well. SMH.
                            What did you think "constitutional conservative" meant 6 months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              What did you think "constitutional conservative" meant 6 months ago?
                              I'm a GOD fearing conservative who is against liberal ideas, actions and agendas.. Abortion being at the top of the list..
                              I have voted that way my whole life, for the "conservative career politician" only to be repeatedly let down.. Every single time... I had to do something different this time.. Insanity is the key word

The problem we have is a "liberal" is a liberal and that's it.. They are against all forms of conservatism..
                              Now we have a "conservative", a "Christian Conservative", a "Staunch Conservative", a "Constitutional Conservative", a "Sorta Liberal Conservative" and the list goes on and on... We are so busy trying to prove which is best for our party that we lose sight of the true fight.. We lose. They win.. Divide and conquer. That love it..

Comment

Now we have the anarchist... The libertarian party.

Comment

Working...
                                X