Cold, Snowy Oklahoma Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold, Snowy Oklahoma Trip

Came up to my NW Oklahoma lease on Friday just before a massive front moved through. My best friend and hunting buddy was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cancer in August and spent some time at MD Anderson in the months since. Thankfully he’s been making progress and felt good enough to make the trip. Him and our other lease mate would be muzzle loader hunting and I would be bow. Day 1 was pretty uneventful with only a few deer seen but the front was rolling in and 56 degrees on Saturday would feel like a scorcher compared to the rest of the trip. Day 2 high of 25 and windy and my buddy with cancer got on the board first with a beautiful mainframe 8. Total of 13 scorable points.

Day 3 saw our other buddy finally take down our target deer. He was already broke up a little but still a great deer

This morning saw about 3” of snow and me the only one without a deer. About 8:15 this guy came right in, grunting the whole time. Shot him a little forward but I knew he was hit hard. Went about 40yds and went down. I started gathering my stuff and made a call to my friends to come get me and I saw him get up and stumbled 10more yards and go down again. I had a straight line to him and snuck up to 20yds and put another in him but he was already done.

Overall a great trip with some good friends. I know it did my buddy well to get out and get his mind off of his situation. The snow and cold weather was a new experience as well and we all loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That awesome. Looks to cold for me

Comment

Great hunt, praying for your buddy!

Comment

Awesome job! Glad your buddy was able to get out and enjoy the outdoors!

Comment

That’s a good trip!

Comment

Awesome pics and congrats to y’all! Looks like an incredible hunt and glad your buddy was able to make it out with y’all.

Comment

Awesome job guys congratulations to y’all.

Comment

Those deer and pics are awesome. I pass through that no deer looking country on my way to our no deer looking country in SW KS multiple times a year. Congrats!

Comment

Great deer and trip, prayers for your buddy.

Comment

That's how you do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Awesome! Prayers up for your buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man what a great hunt

Comment

Now that's a great hunting trip!

Comment

I’ll be heading to ok on the 8th. hope we get some cold weather, it came about two weeks early this year. The last two years we have gotten extreme cold blasts the day we arrived, first snow two years ago.

Those are three solid deer, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X