30mpg Tundra Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30mpg Tundra Coming!

Someone mentioned this on a comment on another thread so I looked it up to see if it was true. Sure enough, it looks like a new 3.5 Liter Twin Turbo is in the works for the next generation Tundra in '21. Rumors are that it will produce 450 horsepower with 500 pound feet of torque and get around 30mpg. If this does happen, I will seriously consider buying one.

Last edited by Pineywoods; 10-07-2020, 09:03 AM.

What will the msrp be?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      What will the msrp be?
      The same as every other truck... too much

Comment

That article is from May 2019...there are some more recent updates out there. I’m like you, I’ll buy it! They are getting rid of the v8 all together and will have a hybrid model and turbo model to chose from. I’m not sure if they will follow the diesel model like Ford and Ram, but that option would be good too.

Comment

30 mpg sounds really high. Ford already has the same engine essentially. It can get low to mid 20’s if your really conservative on the pedal. Interested to see if it can actually get 30

Comment

Last I read was '22....and no way in hell would I jump in on an initial motor release. I'll let somebody else be the guinea pig until they get all the bugs worked out.

Comment

Will they finally redesign the truck? I haven't been interested in a Tundra for years because it's a tired design. If they do a major overhaul other than than just a new engine than I'll be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                That article is from May 2019...there are some more recent updates out there. I’m like you, I’ll buy it! They are getting rid of the v8 all together and will have a hybrid model and turbo model to chose from. I’m not sure if they will follow the diesel model like Ford and Ram, but that option would be good too.
                I totally missed the date on the article. I will have to do some reading on the latest info. Either way, it has my attention. I had planned on keeping the Tacoma for a while but if these hit the market next year I will be looking hard. I am curious about what the price point will be on a nicely equipped TRD 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                  Will they finally redesign the truck? I haven't been interested in a Tundra for years because it's a tired design. If they do a major overhaul other than than just a new engine than I'll be interested.
                  I'm pretty sure that they are unveiling the new engine in a new design.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that they are unveiling the new engine in a new design.
                    Awesome

Comment

When we bought my wife’s 4Runner a few weeks ago our salesman told us not to buy a tundra right now because the 22 will be a complete redesign. He was not exactly sure on the engine but he said they expect something with a turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

‘22 We start building them early next year. Still working on redesigning the plant to build them and the Sequoia. Going to be a game changer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                          ‘22 We start building them early next year. Still working on redesigning the plant to build them and the Sequoia. Going to be a game changer for sure.
                          Awesome

Comment

so i should be able to get one 25% less than sticker?

Comment

Very skeptical but I hope it is true. Not sure how you make that much power and have something that heavy do that good on gas. I hope I am wrong as that would be an awesome truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X