ATF Prosecutes man for pistol brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF Prosecutes man for pistol brace

Good news is the ATF lost the case. This did not seem to be related to the shouldering issue that was brought up before. This could have set a dangerous president.

"The Bureau has defied its own definitions, saying that adding a pistol brace to a pistol made it a short-barreled rifle."

Gun in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously guys come on! That hideous contraption serves no other purpose other than being shouldered. All of these stupid tacti-cool crap braces should be able to be prosecuted.

Comment

And l, what is all that other crap on the gun? This must belong to some millennial who has no concept of functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          And l, what is all that other crap on the gun? This must belong to some millennial who has no concept of functionality.
          Thats all that tacticool stuff

Comment

Seriously guys come on! That hideous contraption serves no other purpose other than being shouldered. All of these stupid tacti-cool crap braces should be able to be prosecuted.
            Very much disagree!!

Comment

^Yup. Slippery slope… Gov shouldn't be involved AT ALL! Blows my mind to see "conservatives" arguing for more gov involvement in our lives.

Comment

Hope you’re kidding. You should go read about why these arm braces were developed before you spout off that they have no other purpose than being shouldered. I suspect you might learn a thing or two about people with certain disabilities.

With that said, I can’t stand all the tacticool garbage people out on their guns. Why in the world would I want a scope, flashlight, laser, pressure switches, and a cotton candy machine on my hand guard? To each their own though, and let it be that way.

Comment

"I support muh 2nd amendment, BUT....."

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    ^Yup. Slippery slope… Gov shouldn't be involved AT ALL! Blows my mind to see "conservatives" arguing for more gov involvement in our lives.
                    It's more clean cut than a slipper slope. It's idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                      Hope you’re kidding. You should go read about why these arm braces were developed before you spout off that they have no other purpose than being shouldered. I suspect you might learn a thing or two about people with certain disabilities.

With that said, I can’t stand all the tacticool garbage people out on their guns. Why in the world would I want a scope, flashlight, laser, pressure switches, and a cotton candy machine on my hand guard? To each their own though, and let it be that way.
                      To circumvent the NFA tax stamp?

The whole SBR regulation is a bunch of crap, yes. But kidding ourselves into thinking 99.999% of people buying a brace because they’re disabled and want to tie their AR pistol to their arm is not helping anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                        To circumvent the NFA tax stamp?

The whole SBR regulation is a bunch of crap, yes. But kidding ourselves into thinking 99.999% of people buying a brace because they’re disabled and want to tie their AR pistol to their arm is not helping anything.
                        That's fine, except that the ATF itself has ruled it's okay to shoulder them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                          Very much disagree!!

Please enlighten me on what the above contraptions designed purpose is?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

The Gov't is involved because there are written laws on SBR's, "pistols" and their use. If the person who was in possession of the pistol above was shoulder firing it, the firearm would then be considered an SBR and they have violated a law and should be prosecuted.

Comment

The Gov't is involved because there are written laws on SBR's, "pistols" and their use. If the person who was in possession of the pistol above was shoulder firing it, the firearm would then be considered an SBR and they have violated a law and should be prosecuted.
                              That is false.

Comment

Working...
                              X