• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update: Not a happy ending.

Went to look at my arrow and had fat on the front half of it with blood on the back half. Not lung blood however. Not a drop of blood on the ground and I watched the trail he ran out on. Put my dog on it that has 50+ successful recoveries so far and he couldn’t pick anything up. I ranged where he was standing and it was 25 yards to my tree, and I was aiming at the elbow with my 20 yard pin. Think I just clipped him. I wouldnt say that if it werent for all the fat and white hair on the ground where he hit.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I bet he’ll be back. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
          Sorry to hear that. I bet he’ll be back. Good luck

That’s what I’m thinking/hoping. He’s always been a homebody, and he was pretty confused when it happened. I’d be a lot more stressed out about it if I thought I killed him or hurt him bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieArcher View Post

Went to look at my arrow and had fat on the front half of it with blood on the back half. Not lung blood however. Not a drop of blood on the ground and I watched the trail he ran out on. Put my dog on it that has 50+ successful recoveries so far and he couldn’t pick anything up. I ranged where he was standing and it was 25 yards to my tree, and I was aiming at the elbow with my 20 yard pin. Think I just clipped him. I wouldnt say that if it werent for all the fat and white hair on the ground where he hit.
            Maybe a brisket shot. If it’s a clip shot deer should be ok. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
              A fast, well tuned arrow, sharp broadhead that slipped right through not hitting bone. Deer didn't know what happened. Had this happen before. You should recover your deer at end of blood trail. Have you inspected your arrow yet or first blood at site of impact?
              This right here. First deer I ever killed with a bow (1976) never moved when the arrow flew right through, kept right on grazing and ambled up the trail 20 yards or so and fell over dead. The arrow never hit a rib going in or exiting. It was a 4 blade Satellite.

Comment

Dang I hate to here that Tyler. Hopefully u just clipped him like ur thinking. If so he'll be back.

Comment

Good news is he will survive that for you to hunt him again.

Comment

When I first started bow hunting I aimed low and mis-judged the distance. Shot right under and shaved hair under. Arrow similar as yours and white hair on ground. Shot the doe 2 weeks later. Good luck next time you see him!

Comment

Good luck hope you get on him again soon!

Comment

That sucks

Comment

He'll be back since he didn't know what happened. I've seen fawns kick when stung by fire ants so probably he felt a sting.
                          I shot a doe a few years back and after the shot the doe just jumped about 10 feet and stood there looking back. I thought I'd missed and looked toward the ground where she stood, and my arrow was red sticking in the ground.
                          She stood there kind of looking around and started to walk away, got wobbly and then fell over dead.
                          That was a bit freaky, but a short tracking job.
                          I love it when I see a high mule kick....That is usually good news and a short tracking job as well.
                          Last edited by Jimbo47; 10-28-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X