Gear lost to the hunt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear lost to the hunt!!

Everything you've lost during the hunt. From gear you've forgotten, gear that dropped off the edge of ridges, fallen through the cracks of deep rocks, etc...Post them!!

I'll go first:
    It was this past weekend hunting Lake Meredith.
    First was my new mono pod that I hadn't used yet. I pulled it out of my pack and about 5 minutes later, I kicked it down the crack of a deep rock and it was lost forever!!

Second was the next morning, I left my gerber gutting knife on the side of a hill after pulling different things out of my pack and never put it back in
    By the time I realized what I did, it was too late and we were miles away to go back.
    Last edited by TxCreedXs; 11-21-2016, 06:04 PM.

I ran into a guy one afternoon, who was panicking because he could not find the tree that he had put his kid in that morning before dark. As far as me...about all I've lost while hunting was my pride.

Comment

Was pressed for time on the last morning of a 4 day hunt. After taking down my whole rig, I realized my bow hanger was still up there, just sittin' there. Still stuck in the tree.

Wasn't exactly lost, though. My brother got it down the next season for me. Got it back and still use it.

Comment

My hunting buddy is always leaving something under the feeder, at the base of the stand, in the parking area, etc. I can't begin to remember how many times I've brought back something of his. He repays me by reminding me to tag the deer I've shot, which I am forever forgetting to do until it is gutted and loaded in the truck.

Comment

Lost items

I was hunting Ft Hood w/ Ft Hood Hog hunter. up north, and I always dressed about 200 yards out. this morning it was misty, so I dressed on the tailgate, and got all ready along w/ my flashlight, and eased into where I park, to find a bow, backpack, and jacket missing. a limb hung it and yaked it out of the truck.. I was like a lost kid at a fair...

Comment

I had a friend and lease partner leave his rifle leaning against one of the entrance gates at our lease.

My wife and I were headed out for the afternoon hunt driving down the county road. As we passed the gate she noticed the rifle. We picked it up and drove into camp.

We were all getting ready to head for our stands when he freaked out looking for his rifle.

I wasn't too mean. I pulled it out of my truck and handed it to him just before he started crying.

Comment

Walking through the woods with my bow attached to my backpack and Mathews T series quiver attached to my bow. Had to walk through low hanging brush in a couple places and my quiver detached from the bow. Expensive quiver and not to mention all arrows with broadheads and lighted nocks. Never found it.

Comment

Weather was bad, raining and freezing, roads to bad to drive, in a hurry, had to walk a mile from camp to the stand.....get all settle in and realized I forgot my release. Now I always have a back up in my back pack.

Comment

Mojo teal decoy left on the beach, leather custom duck strap left in the marsh( too far in to walk back!) duck decoys, deer stands and cameras that were stolen.

Comment

Case knife in 74 found in 78. was lost the entire time I was USMC.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunting1 View Post
                      Walking through the woods with my bow attached to my backpack and Mathews T series quiver attached to my bow. Had to walk through low hanging brush in a couple places and my quiver detached from the bow. Expensive quiver and not to mention all arrows with broadheads and lighted nocks. Never found it.
                      yep me to, knocked my quiver off going to stand in the morning, walk back maybe 100 yards hoping to find it before daylight, I was lucky had my hand held GPS on so I just back tracked my trail and did fine it.

Comment

Dang cell phone last year. Backtracked to my tree stand and never found it. Wife had gotten insurance on it and I didn't even know it.

Comment

I lost a zippo lighter goose hunting near Wadsworth years ago. Didn't know where, in the field, on the levee pass shooting, walking in. 2 years later found it in the rice field we where hunting in. Still works today.

Comment

A pair of leupold binocs and $500 bucks cash

Comment

December Aoudad hunt in west Texas just hours before a major snow storm in 2011....Ammo, bedding, hunting clothes, coolers, personal items, boots, optics....on & on & on of other multiple items

Thankfully guns were in car & car moved just in time before it went up in flames!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X