Looking for 5-6 bass to transfer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 5-6 bass to transfer...

to my stock tank in New Ulm. We have a stock tank that the kids like to catch the little green sunfish but they're tiny (presumably because its overpopulated with them). I know I could just catch some and throw them out but I'd like to find a place that I could catch 5-6 little 12"-14" bass to throw in there.

Does anyone have a hookup with a close pond that I could get this done?

Thanks!

If you dont find anything closer, i have a place between columbus and weimar where you could catch some. Just south of I-10

Comment

Just wade the Mill Creek in Bellville. Lots of bass, catfish, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        If you dont find anything closer, i have a place between columbus and weimar where you could catch some. Just south of I-10
        Many thanks! I may take you up on that.

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        Just wade the Mill Creek in Bellville. Lots of bass, catfish, everything.
        Never been there. Any recommendations on access points?

Comment

Another option is neighborhood pond in Katy. Just get a cheap aerator and a big ice chest for transportation. Catch them and ROLL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
            Another option is neighborhood pond in Katy. Just get a cheap aerator and a big ice chest for transportation. Catch them and ROLL!!!
            My son and I catch fish all the time out of those but I thought it was catch and release only. We usually fish the Cinco lakes between LaCenterra and the library.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
              My son and I catch fish all the time out of those but I thought it was catch and release only. We usually fish the Cinco lakes between LaCenterra and the library.
              I wouldn't keep any fish if the rules are catch and release. Try to find a pond with no signage.

Comment

I have a pond in burton that I am planning on removing about 75 bass. You can have all you can catch under 3 lbs. let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  I wouldn't keep any fish if the rules are catch and release. Try to find a pond with no signage.
                  I don't know that I've even seen a sign. Just an assumption.

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
                  I have a pond in burton that I am planning on removing about 75 bass. You can have all you can catch under 3 lbs. let me know.
                  That's less than 30 minutes from my place!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post

Never been there. Any recommendations on access points?
                    FM2429 - People pull their trucks over at the bridge and walk down there and fish all the time. Most of the creek if fairly shallow with sand bars, but if you can find some holes or downed logs, there are usually good fish in and around them.

Comment

Do not retain fish under the limit, you are breaking the law if you do. Even if you are planning to release them you are breaking the law retaining then from public waters

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        Do not retain fish under the limit, you are breaking the law if you do. Even if you are planning to release them you are breaking the law retaining then from public waters

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                        My first reaction to this was to ask why you even thought I would...until I re-read my first post stating I wanted 12"-14" LMB. My initial question was for transport from one private pond to another so I never accounted for the public water limits. I would only retain fish caught by legal means. Thanks for catching that though!

Comment

I have a place in muldoon, between la grange and flatonia. You can come catch some out there to have. I need to thin some out anyway.

Comment

Oh man, you'd give a trotliner a heart attack if he knew you were putting bass in a "slick jim" pond. Those ponds are highly sought after here in East Tx and bass will clear em out quick!

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X