No announcement yet.

Keeping a CDL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use mine everyday. I pull doubles and triple trailers daily with haz-mat. I have haz-mat endorsement and doubles and triple endorsement so I have to take a test for haz-mat every year. After the test than I have to make an appointment to get my finger prints for federal background check. Its a azz whipping but luckily my employer pays for all of it plus my yearly physical..

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      see post #23
      Yes, sir. After I talked with them, I thought I would expand on your answer a bit. Only, the person I talked with said it is a requirement even with farm plates, because of hay hauling.

Comment

Cold 1,
        I do DOT physicals and no, you don't have to show your birth certificate. That's the examiner just wanting to see that form of ID. Just show them your DL.

KDinTX - My understanding is that the last sentence in the paragraph is what will get you a ticket.

Team Porkchop - They did away with Form-7

jbarr - they did away with the Intrastate/Interstate box on the medical certificate. Now it is only a Federal or a State medical certificate and the only way you can get a State medical certificate is if you have a medical condition that requires a waiver. I was contacted by a company that had over 110 of their drivers license' downgraded because the examiner marked the State Exam instead of Federal Exam

With the new changes, you now need to have a medical certificate just to re-new your license. You may not have to send it in to DPS depending on the restrictions you list on your license but you still need to have a Med Cert incase a DPS officer asks for it.

Y'all also need to know that DPS is still in kind of a transition on all of this. Many times you get differing advice from one clerk to the next in the same DPS office. This is not a knock on DPS, its just that they are not all on the same page so you may still be ticketed depending on how the trooper interprets the rules.

Comment

Flyin7, you do have to have it or your passport in Okla. at the DPS office so they will give you your paper work to take it to the tag office to renew DL. No DPS paper with the offical stamp No new CDL DL.

Comment

Ok, I didn't see that you were in OK. Don't need it in TX

Comment

For those saying you need a physical even if you aren't driving for hire, when did that new law start? I just renewed my license last June and all I had to do was check the box on the form that said I was not driving commercially and therefore was not required to take a physical. It says it right on the form you fill out. I've filled it out twice now. I've still got my CDL and I still haven't had to get a physical.

Comment

Let mine go a long time ago, didn't want to have an excuse to get back into a truck. If worse gets worser, I'll go retest.

Comment

Originally posted by MidloTurtle View Post
                  I use mine everyday. I pull doubles and triple trailers daily with haz-mat. I have haz-mat endorsement and doubles and triple endorsement so I have to take a test for haz-mat every year. After the test than I have to make an appointment to get my finger prints for federal background check. Its a azz whipping but luckily my employer pays for all of it plus my yearly physical..
                  That's strange? I have a class A with hazmat, doubles/triples, tanker & passenger and it is good for 4/5 years at a time. Luckily still getting 2 year med cards which is a blessing at my age.
                  Last edited by Old Bald Guy; 07-21-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Geezy - just make sure that your license has a P18 restriction on it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                      Geezy - just make sure that your license has a P18 restriction on it.
                      It does.

Comment

Working...
                      X