Toughest Person You Know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toughest Person You Know.

Who is the Toughest person you know or have known personally?

No, meeting Chuck Norris once at a gas station doesn't count.

I'll start. My Grandfather on my dad's side.

Jesus

Comment

Grandfather on my Dads side also.....tough as nails. After that its my wife...anybody that can have 4 babies is tough.

Comment

Dan lewis, my bud from Alaska.

Comment

My grandfather, he ran a tea plantation in Indonesia back when Holland owned Indonesia and his side job was to kill problem animals. He killed everything from elephants to tigers. Once he killed a bear with a machete. He moved to the states with my mom her brother and my grandmother when my mom was 3. . as a young teen he worked in a gold mine and when the war was starting was instructed to put all the gold in it and blow it up. he took a bunch of gold and buried it then blew the mine. he went back a couple years before he died but could not find where he buried it.
          Last edited by Javelin; 04-08-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Immediate thought was burnadell..but i dont know him personally...mostly because he scares the bejeebers outta me..so ill go with my dad..oilfield worker since he was 13.. tougher than nails with everyone but his grandkids

Comment

My mom, 14 years of battling cancer and still going strong.

Comment

My grandpa on my mom's side. Got stabbed 7 times and had a collapsed lung, died in the bar he was fighting in. Luckily there was a nurse there who resuscitated him. Everyone was scared to death of him but there was only one guy he was scared of. It was the first time I heard the name "Burnadell"

Comment

Genevieve.

Comment

Burnadell

Du-uh!

Comment

Originally posted by cmelara View Post
                      Jesus
                      Amen !

But, I do have to list two men that have been most influential ;

My granddad ( mom's dad ), survivor of the Bataan Death March. He was a very soft spoken man, well respected in the little town we live in. I love him and miss him dearly.....

The second is my FIL, two tours in Korea and three in 'Nam. He picked up where my granddad left off, and has been my FIL for 22 years. He is laying on his deathbed as we speak, not expected to make another 48 hours.....

Patrick

Comment

Grandmother on my dad's side. 5' tall and could be tough as nails when she had to be. And while raising 10 kids, she had to be tough allot. She would drink shiner premium in the summer time and change over to Tom Moore when it got cool. Every grandchild (31 of them) respected her greatly. Sh She passed away due to cancer 8 years after being diagnosed. The doctors gave her 6 months.

Comment

Grandfather. Spent 3 1/2 years as a POW in Japan in WWII, and beat cancer 3 times. Still alive at 93.

Comment

My younger brother. He's a bouncer in a bar in Denver Colorado. Not afraid of anything, will stand up to anyone or any 5 men. Fearless! He was recently in a car accident. Cut off, and ran into a concrete barrier going 70mph. When my sister sent me this picture, I died a little inside, seeing my brother so helpless. He survived, and is doing better, but someones total carelessness caused this.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I still don't know why everyone is scared of Burnadell????

This is what he really looks like. Not some scary old phart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnadell [640x480].jpg
Views:	3
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	24188646

Comment

Working...
                              X