Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magpul magazine order...

Get this...

I ordered a limit of 2 Magpul AR magazines from Midway BEFORE Christmas...

The were on backorder for so long I gave up on them.

Got an email Friday that they had been shipped and that my order had been places April 16.

Im glad that I finally get them but dang! Bad enough it was a long backorder, but to change the order date?

Anyone else have this happen?

Actually, that is right. You didn't have them on order. You had them on backorder. I know it may sound odd, but if they are on order, they would be in the queue to get shipped. If they are on backorder, they get placed on order once they arrive at the warehouse. Then they go into the queue to get shipped. Otherwise, it could clog up the program.

Think of it this way - Backorder is kind of the same as layaway, but they are waiting on the item to arrive - not for you to pay for it. If they didn't do it that way, it would roughly be the equivalent of a cashier punching up your order into the register and saving it, then doing the same for the next customer, and the next, and the next... with nobody ever paying for or receiving their merchandise until much later.

Hope that's making sense. Glad to hear your magazines are on the way. I usually enjoy dealing with Midway very much. They are one of my favorite places to buy from.

All the best,
    Glenn

Comment

I ordered some from intense tactical back in December. They still have not come in and my card was charged back in January.

Comment

I placed an order on 12/18/12

Date expected in stock: Unknown
        Quantity Limit of 2

Comment

I ordered mine from midway 12/22 and they were back ordered. Received my order of 2 pmags on Jan 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            I ordered some from intense tactical back in December. They still have not come in and my card was charged back in January.
            X 2. Checked my account and everything is still pending. They must be extremely behind. At this pace I will be able to buy them off a shelf before I ever get the shipment.

Comment

I ordered 8 from midway (2 of each color ) the black ones have been in for a while. Just waiting on the other 6.

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                Actually, that is right. You didn't have them on order. You had them on backorder. I know it may sound odd, but if they are on order, they would be in the queue to get shipped. If they are on backorder, they get placed on order once they arrive at the warehouse. Then they go into the queue to get shipped. Otherwise, it could clog up the program.

Think of it this way - Backorder is kind of the same as layaway, but they are waiting on the item to arrive - not for you to pay for it. If they didn't do it that way, it would roughly be the equivalent of a cashier punching up your order into the register and saving it, then doing the same for the next customer, and the next, and the next... with nobody ever paying for or receiving their merchandise until much later.

Hope that's making sense. Glad to hear your magazines are on the way. I usually enjoy dealing with Midway very much. They are one of my favorite places to buy from.

All the best,
                Glenn
                Yup. That's how it works. Midway has been a favorite of mine for a while now. Great company!

Ike

Comment

That crazy.
                  I ordered mine from the on 12-31-12 and received them 3-6-13
                  But we'll worth the price and wait.

Have you called them?

Comment

dang guys didn't know yall were shipping for them american armament (denison) $19 each or mcbrides (austin) $22(a month ago) 30rd pmags I know aa has them everyday mcbrides I'll look tomorrow

Comment

This is one of the very few times it's good to live in CO before Magpul leaves. Thanks to their Boulder Airlift program, I placed my order and 3 weeks later these showed up....

But yes, Midway is a great company and I'll keep ordering from them for a long time.

Comment

Midway site seems to be down now.

Comment

Ordered on 12-30 and still on back order. Sigh...

Comment

Y'all should've ordered from DSG....

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyNotKeegan View Post
                              Y'all should've ordered from DSG....
                              I had ordered mine from DSG back in Dec 2012 and just got them a couple of weeks ago...

Comment

Working...
                              X