• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like butts...

Comment

You had me at Brookshires but lost me at Kroger. LOL D

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
        Pork butts are pretty much pork butts, but I've stopped going cheap on briskets. I would rather pay $2.99/lb for prime brisket at Costco and know I'm going to get a better result. Now, find a great sale on prime then I'm filling the deep freeze.
        A man after my own heart. I’ll never smoke a brisket that doesn’t have that prime sticker on it again.

Comment

Pork butts are pretty much pork butts, but I've stopped going cheap on briskets. I would rather pay $2.99/lb for prime brisket at Costco and know I'm going to get a better result. Now, find a great sale on prime then I'm filling the deep freeze.
          Crappy pit master. LOL.

Learn to cook the cheap ones boy.

LOL.

Comment

I like big butts and I cannot lie!

I hope to get my hands on some nice butts tonight

Pork butts!!!!!

Comment

Picked up 14 briskets just now...all between 12-14 pounds. I was surprised that had ones that were ideal and not 18-20 pounds. Looks like I'll have to smoke this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Crappy pit master. LOL.

LOL.
                Trust me, I know how to cook whatever brisket is thrown in front of me. Got the ribbons and trophies before I turned to buying prime all the time. However, I like having a consistent product and for a few bucks more I go with prime.

Comment

HEB has pork butts for 1.29 a pound for those of us that do not have a Brookshires.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Crappy pit master. LOL.

LOL.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303].... to each their own.

I haven’t found any reason to spend $2.99 plus for briskets. I don’t mind picking through the pile. Takes a whole 5 minutes. If I don’t find what I’m looking for, I just don’t buy them. Plus I like the challenge.[emoji3]

But then again, I’m not a contest guy. My only judges are bellies for hoongry thankful folks[emoji41]
                      Jason, would you mind sharing what you are looking for during your brisket selection process.

Thanks

Comment

I was told by someone that owned a BBQ restaurant that when picking out a brisket from the store, fold it in half. If it won't fold over the it wasn't getting purchased.

Comment

Trust me, I know how to cook whatever brisket is thrown in front of me. Got the ribbons and trophies before I turned to buying prime all the time. However, I like having a consistent product and for a few bucks more I go with prime.

This is what I love about Texas. We can rag on each other’s trucks or choice of rifle/bow, and everyone knows it’s all in good fun. Question a man’s BBQ skills and ain’t nobody taking it as a joke. BBQ is serious bidness.

Comment

Thx Smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mmmmm

Comment

good deals

Comment

Working...
                                X