What's killing my grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Lol! You know he knows more about grass than all the millennials in Colorado.
    I would even add in all the old dudes from the 60s and 70s.

Comment

Wife has a 5 lb Yorkie. That little guy isn't laying **** patches that size. And he's a real liberal type and shares most of his **** with the neighbors.

I took a closer look...white spots all over the blades and roots still in tact. Fungus? Couldn't find any chinch bugs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha. My 4 letter word was a slang term for a #1. You guys can decipher

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          I would even add in all the old dudes from the 60s and 70s.
          Theys bunches of them too.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
            Haha. My 4 letter word was a slang term for a #1. You guys can decipher

Yeah, you can't say ****. It ****** off the swear filter.

Comment

Mine too. More info please. Thx guys

Comment

Sod webworms are extra bad this year in Houston. If you have chewed up looking grass blades and small moths that zig zag around, you got worms.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                  Sod webworms are extra bad this year in Houston. If you have chewed up looking grass blades and small moths that zig zag around, you got worms.
                  I never had them before last year......they were horrible. This year I got on them early and they have done minimal damage.

Comment

How do you treat for grubs and worms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                      Wife has a 5 lb Yorkie. That little guy isn't laying **** patches that size. And he's a real liberal type and shares most of his **** with the neighbors.

I took a closer look...white spots all over the blades and roots still in tact. Fungus? Couldn't find any chinch bugs.

Not a fungus in this type of heat.

Comment

What's killing my grass

Can you get a better pic of the grass blades? Worms don't usually attack st aug.
                        Could be grey leaf spot if you have recently fertilized as the nitrogen promotes this fungus in the summer.

Hard to tell from pics but is that a low spot with poor drainage?

Chinch bug is another possibility, inspect grass were the transition between damage grass and the good green grass and look for small bugs with white spots. Will
                        Have to look close to thatch layer.

Comment

One side of my lawn is doing the same thing. I don't understand it. None of my neighbors is having this problem it seems, but I've had to pull up a ton of grass that's dead or dying in this one area. It's all coming up real easy too, like the roots are just gone. I put out grub killer but either I didn't put out enough or it was too little too late.

To the OP I hope you can get it squared away.

Comment

It's a fungus called grey leaf spot look at the leaves you will see small spots like a cigarette burn then it turns the leaf yellow then tan then it dies. Fungus takes the moisture out of the plant it wilts then dies. All the rain is causing it. Stop watering all together buy a liquid fungicide from either site-one or a Helena branch. You can also buy a dry fungicide and attack it both ways. Do not fertilize that's like gas on a fire it will spread quick.
                            Use my Co. Name. Heath Lawn & Tree care I have account s at both and you can write them a ck

Comment

In my 20 years in the turf grass business I have never seen grey leaf spot damage St. Augustine grass like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                                By looking at the picture, it is possible you have a fungus of some sort. tug on the dead stuff and see if it has roots. if not, it's probably grubs. if it does, it is probably a fungus. it also looks like you may be taking to much off the top and "scalping" it so to speak. you may also check and see where your dog is doing their business. if it is repeatedly in the same spot that could also be causing an issue. it's hard to really tell.
                                I googlized and it appears to be dollar spot maybe. My grass got bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X