No announcement yet.

The Trump drama never stops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reagan said it best. Politics is the second oldest profession in the world. It also bears a strong resemblance to the oldest.
    I just wish wish there was some way for them to be held accountable and pay a huge penalty for their wrong doings. Prison is too good for some of them. But, since they are the ones making the laws what are we going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      It's basically impossible to stop someone from being a lobbyist after they leave office. They just give them a title of something like "senior adviser" or "consultant". And if they just so happen to run into a politician on the hill and strike up a conversation about a certain bill, well that's not really lobbying, right?

It's all a big joke.
      You are correct. It IS a joke but the only ones laughing are in D.C. There are legal penalties for "insider trading". Albeit, some are less susceptible than others but that is the point. A well defined set of guidelines of "don'ts" with punitive jail terms is a start. A conversation has hung many a murderer. If accepting or headhunting a lobbyist were punishable, some may think twice. If lobbying via former elected Representative becomes a crime, perhaps it will slow the roll of some of these guys. The IRS and LE dig in our (the citizenry) personal finances should we cross the no-no line. As citizens, they squeeze us and regulate us 'til we pop. Why not return the favor?
      Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 07-22-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        There is no check for some of these guys regardless in many, many districts...term limits fixes the stupid voter. If it is good enough and accepted for potus, then it is good for EVERY ELECTED official!! Public service should not be a career.

There is absolutely NO REASON on the planet to NOT consider term limits for congress & senate...let them give us their best shot & never return. Good riddance. Maybe if this was in place it would encourage those who WANT to make a difference in their time.

My angle is simply why not consider it since we have a total history of lifetime politicians failing us, making laws they do not have to adhere, lifetime retirement, etc. The only way these power hungry weasels will disperse is to limit their time at the public trough.

Sorry friend, but limits is a step in the right direction & very much worth considering!!

Absolutely agree. The problem with not having term limits is "my guy is great, it's the other guy that's the problem".

There is NO REASON these guys should go to Washington as semi regular citizens and become millionaires while in office with a $175k per year salary. That alone shows the long term corruption and why they need to be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post

The best deals

Comment

Go trump!! Boy howdy does it feel so dang good to feel like an American again.

Comment

He was elected because he was an outsider.

You know, America First, Bring Jobs Back to America, Drain The Swamp, End Obamacare, End Illegal Immigration, etal.

When both parties are pizzed at him you know he is doing something right. Just think how much he could have accomplished if the Republican party hadn't followed the Dems in their march to the left.

I never do bumper stickers but for the '18 election I want one that says "Anybody But The Incumbent!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

You know, America First, Bring Jobs Back to America, Drain The Swamp, End Obamacare, End Illegal Immigration, etal.

When both parties are pizzed at him you know he is doing something right. Just think how much he could have accomplished if the Republican party hadn't followed the Dems in their march to the left.

I never do bumper stickers but for the '18 election I want one that says "Anybody But The Incumbent!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

Ok
                    So let the country be vectored for the next 3 to 7 years while trump and y'all have fun pizzin off ppl
                    Then when that time is up things will move REALLY fast I warp speed to the left just to make up for lost time

That's a horrible strategy you have
                    It won't produce lasting benefits
                    Unlike Obamacare

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      Ok
                      So let the country be vectored for the next 3 to 7 years while trump and y'all have fun pizzin off ppl
                      Then when that time is up things will move REALLY fast I warp speed to the left just to make up for lost time

That's a horrible strategy you have
                      It won't produce lasting benefits
                      Unlike Obamacare
                      Your LDS is really kickin in today.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I don't think Sessions is "unfit", but Trump is correct about this. If you hire someone at your company, and they do something you think is wrong/not appropriate/etc. , do you not call them out? I really don't see a problem here.

It's funny, the only people who think of all this crap is "drama" are his haters, the media, and all of the people in politics who need to go.

Meanwhile. This kind of stuff is exactly what his voters wanted. The last Administration had AG's that were literally running crime rackets from their office, and all the President did was praise them, seal documents and protect them.
                        I don't see how having a President call out what he believes (many believe) to be a mistake in his own administration is a bad thing.

I would say this is him being honest, but maybe that last "most transparent administration in history" has my judgment of honesty in the White House skewed.
                        Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

“Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

Really? Are we reading the same quotes?

I agree with Clay. Some people need a safe space and play dough.
                        Easy fellas, yall are making too much since..

Comment

If Trump would stop freaking out in childish Twitter rants about things that don't matter at all, he'd have a lot fewer enemies on the (R) side. He's so narcissistic in his obsessive need to be worshipped that he can't stay focused on what actually matters. Throwing his first and biggest loyalist (Sessions) under the bus in such a childish way lately is ruining his chances of getting anybody else to be loyal to him. Sessions gave up everything to help Trump get elected, and now look what it's gotten him. Trump is trashing Sessions for being weak on Hillary AFTER Trump already said that he didn't want to prosecute Hillary after all - which was after a campaign promise to lock her up.

Which version of Trump is a guy supposed to be loyal to? And how is a guy supposed to know when it's time to switch and be loyal to the other version of Trump?

Tillerson is now talking about resigning soon, and I'm sure most people who would be really good to have in cabinet positions are going to be less and less inclined to sign up to work in that crazy environment.

Gorsuch was a huge win. Props to Trump for that. But he's shot himself in the foot on every other promise. Yes, there are RINOs in Congress that are huge obstacles. But the way Trump has handled the Obamacare issue has made it worse. He campaigned on repealing Obamacare, but replacing it with something that was essentially the same thing. He worked with Paul Ryan and the RINOs to do just that at first. He demonized the conservatives who actually wanted to repeal Obamacare and get away from a big government health insurance system. Now he's tweeting about how we need to do exactly what the conservatives wanted to do all along and repeal Obamacare and then work on the replacement after that. It's no wonder the Republicans in Congress are in such disarray. It's impossible to keep up with which way is the leadership wind is blowing from day to day.

And what about all the regulations that we're supposed to be getting rid of that could be done through executive orders and government agencies in the Executive Branch simply changing them? NOTHING being done. Most of the agencies are still staffed with Obama era people, because the White House won't approve anybody for appointment to those positions unless they feel like the person being nominated is a big enough Trump worshipper. So the result is that Obama's people continue to either run most things or remain in positions that allow them to keep any change from being implemented.

All the craziness and obsession over things that don't matter is frustrating. We need some action and leadership and consistency and focus.

Comment

Trump has become a master of the media by leap frogging over the MSM fake news and Fox as well by using Twitter. Is it irritating? Yes, in a way. But at least we get the original version of what he says/thinks and not some pundit's twisted opinion version.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              Trump has become a master of the media by leap frogging over the MSM fake news and Fox as well by using Twitter. Is it irritating? Yes, in a way. But at least we get the original version of what he says/thinks and not some pundit's twisted opinion version.
                              That would really be great, IF he would be consistent and if he would focus on and tweet about things that actually matter. But every time he chases some stupid rabbit out of his narcissism and gets sidetracked from actually getting something done, it just gives the media more ammo to fire back at him 100 times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                If Trump would stop freaking out in childish Twitter rants about things that don't matter at all, he'd have a lot fewer enemies on the (R) side. He's so narcissistic in his obsessive need to be worshipped that he can't stay focused on what actually matters. Throwing his first and biggest loyalist (Sessions) under the bus in such a childish way lately is ruining his chances of getting anybody else to be loyal to him. Sessions gave up everything to help Trump get elected, and now look what it's gotten him. Trump is trashing Sessions for being weak on Hillary AFTER Trump already said that he didn't want to prosecute Hillary after all - which was after a campaign promise to lock her up.

Which version of Trump is a guy supposed to be loyal to? And how is a guy supposed to know when it's time to switch and be loyal to the other version of Trump?

Tillerson is now talking about resigning soon, and I'm sure most people who would be really good to have in cabinet positions are going to be less and less inclined to sign up to work in that crazy environment.

Gorsuch was a huge win. Props to Trump for that. But he's shot himself in the foot on every other promise. Yes, there are RINOs in Congress that are huge obstacles. But the way Trump has handled the Obamacare issue has made it worse. He campaigned on repealing Obamacare, but replacing it with something that was essentially the same thing. He worked with Paul Ryan and the RINOs to do just that at first. He demonized the conservatives who actually wanted to repeal Obamacare and get away from a big government health insurance system. Now he's tweeting about how we need to do exactly what the conservatives wanted to do all along and repeal Obamacare and then work on the replacement after that. It's no wonder the Republicans in Congress are in such disarray. It's impossible to keep up with which way is the leadership wind is blowing from day to day.

And what about all the regulations that we're supposed to be getting rid of that could be done through executive orders and government agencies in the Executive Branch simply changing them? NOTHING being done. Most of the agencies are still staffed with Obama era people, because the White House won't approve anybody for appointment to those positions unless they feel like the person being nominated is a big enough Trump worshipper. So the result is that Obama's people continue to either run most things or remain in positions that allow them to keep any change from being implemented.

All the craziness and obsession over things that don't matter is frustrating. We need some action and leadership and consistency and focus.
                                Trump should be running all over capitol hill bullying, threatening, and cajoling the hell out of congress to fix healthcare. He bragged about being the worlds greatest deal maker, but I've yet to see it.

If they fail to get ANY healthcare bill through, he'll have lost all his momentum already.

Comment

Working...
                                X