Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default Who was behind the assassination of JFK?

Don't think I've seen a thread on this subject. I want to see what the green screen thinks.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Lee was not alone, I'm confident in that
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Lee was not alone, I'm confident in that
What makes you say that? I've got my own theories but they both have Lee as the sole shooter.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
What makes you say that? I've got my own theories but they both have Lee as the sole shooter.
He is known to have had a lot of contacts that were no friends of the US.
Ruby killed him with a hundred law men with in arms reach, you only do that if your willing to sacrifice yourself to make sure secrets are kept.
I dont think Lee had the mental capability to pull it off on his own.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #5
Pilgrim
Eight Point
 
Pilgrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Ruby killed him with a hundred law men with in arms reach, you only do that if your willing to sacrifice yourself to make sure secrets are kept.
This, and to a lesser degree two rounds of the same ammo doing vastly different things upon entering a human body, opens the possibility of there being a lot more to the story.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Jerp...what was your take on the 'magic' bullet??

There is simply no way a pristine round could have been recovered in the manner in which it was...I don't think any of us will ever know for sure, other than we know we were taken for a ride.

Personally, I cannot buy the lone gunman...not that it matters, just cant.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default

According to everything I've read lately. ....Trump did it.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #8
stykshooter
Ten Point
 
stykshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Miami Beach / Houston
Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
According to everything I've read lately. ....Trump did it.
No Ted Cruz father was involved too ... straight from the horses mouth
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #9
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

I've always found the theory that Oswald was a radicalized and rogue KGB agent, as his Soviet connections are verifiably established. Which I think would go a long way to explaining why there was such a protracted and obvious coverup. US officials were probably envisioning a nightmare scenario where Americans would be seeking revenge on the USSR sparking a nuclear war, and viewed a coverup as being the lesser of two evils. Leaders at the time, having lived through WW1 might have been having flashbacks of Gavrilo Princep and the Arch Duke Ferdinand sparking the worst war in modern history.

Not saying this is fact, but seems more plausible to me than the FBI/Mob theory - just seems like too many moving parts.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #10
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.

Last edited by oktx; 06-07-2017 at 11:44 AM..
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #11
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I saw a knew theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276
Never heard of that before, reading now.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #12
texashunter
Eight Point
 
texashunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Harker Heights,TX
Hunt In: Bell Co, San Saba Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
M16 in 1963?
texashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #13
Junkers88
Ten Point
 
Junkers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Adkins
Hunt In: searching
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashunter View Post
M16 in 1963?
Wasn't that rifle developed in the late 50's? I'll have to look.


Richard.
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #14
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashunter View Post
M16 in 1963?
I think youre right said it went into production in 64. I miss read or miss heard.

Ooops now found this. I don't know.
https://www.britannica.com/technology/M16-rifle

Last edited by oktx; 06-07-2017 at 01:27 PM..
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #15
Phillip Fields
Pope & Young
 
Phillip Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Hunt In: NC,TX, and anywhere else I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
The article says AR-15, not M-16. Colt bought the AR-15 rights from Armalite in 1959.
Phillip Fields is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #16
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Fields View Post
The article says AR-15, not M-16. Colt bought the AR-15 rights from Armalite in 1959.
https://www.britannica.com/technology/M16-rifle

In the doc i saw they called it a M16 so thats what I put.
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #17
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
I have seen this also and it sounds plausible.
I think that the M-16 was a fairly new rifle at that time, maybe the agent was unfamiliar with it?
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #18
Darton
Ten Point
 
Darton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Eufaula, OK
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
Out of everything I have ever heard this makes the most sense
Darton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #19
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
I have heard this before and it sounds possible. hence the cover-up, the secret service sure wouldn't want to be the ones responsible for the presidents death.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #20
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Lbj
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #21
overcomer401965
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coleman, Texas
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Why are there still sealed papers on the murder if there arent any questionables?
overcomer401965 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
hot_rod_eddie
Ten Point
 
hot_rod_eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: North Carolina
Hunt In: NC, SC
Default

Kennedy was going to end the Federal Reserve.
hot_rod_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #23
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
Kennedy was going to end the Federal Reserve.
Is there any evidence of that beyond Ex. Order 11110? I've heard that idea thrown around a lot, but not much corroboration other than second hand quotes.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #24
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
Kennedy was going to end the Federal Reserve.
This...last to Presidents that wanted to investigate the Federal Reserve were both shot... Kennedy and Reagan
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #25
8pointer
Pope & Young
 
8pointer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Schleicher county
Default

I think George H. W. Bush knows who did it
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #26
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

I went down the conspiracy-theory wormhole over 30 years ago. A shelf in my house groans with the weight of books I read about it. Every time a new one came out I gobbled it right up. It took a long time but I eventually came full circle and now believe that Oswald acted alone. I also gave up arguing about it years ago. I finally realized that very few - if any - of the people in the "KACT community" have followed the evidence wherever it leads. All start with the unshakeable belief that there was a conspiracy of one kind or another then only consider evidence that supports their theory. Arguing with them is like trying to talk a fervent believer out of their religious faith - believing does something for them that goes beyond reason. My favorite of the KACT debunking books is Gerald Posner's "Case Closed". It is a very detailed, well researched and footnoted book (it is also very long) Of course the cottage industry that is KACT felt threatened by it so here came a slew of books to debunk the debunkers book. It will never end, and few minds will be changed. What may look like organized cover-ups was mostly law enforcement bungling, buck-passing and incompetence (in Dallas and at the Federal level) I understand it is hard to accept that one angry loon could take out the most powerful man in the world but throughout history, sometimes weird and unlikely things happen. And sometimes coincidences are just that - coincidences.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #27
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I went down the conspiracy-theory wormhole over 30 years ago. A shelf in my house groans with the weight of books I read about it. Every time a new one came out I gobbled it right up. It took a long time but I eventually came full circle and now believe that Oswald acted alone. I also gave up arguing about it years ago. I finally realized that very few - if any - of the people in the "KACT community" have followed the evidence wherever it leads. All start with the unshakeable belief that there was a conspiracy of one kind or another then only consider evidence that supports their theory. Arguing with them is like trying to talk a fervent believer out of their religious faith - believing does something for them that goes beyond reason. My favorite of the KACT debunking books is Gerald Posner's "Case Closed". It is a very detailed, well researched and footnoted book (it is also very long) Of course the cottage industry that is KACT felt threatened by it so here came a slew of books to debunk the debunkers book. It will never end, and few minds will be changed. What may look like organized cover-ups was mostly law enforcement bungling, buck-passing and incompetence (in Dallas and at the Federal level) I understand it is hard to accept that one angry loon could take out the most powerful man in the world but throughout history, sometimes weird and unlikely things happen. And sometimes coincidences are just that - coincidences.
I was listening to a podcast by Dan Carlin and I believe he referenced that exact same author. He said what bothers people so much about the lack of a conspiracy is that people don't like the idea that one nobody can have such a profound impact on the world. That, even if the forces are nefarious, the human mind prefers to believe that at least someone is in control. Which I think plays into what you said with people having an almost religious devotion to their favored conspiracy theory.

That being said I'm not completely sold on the as-the-offical-story-goes theory, but certainly can't discount it outright. What are your thoughts on Oswald being a rogue KGB agent, or at least a radicalized soviet asset that they lost control of?
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #28
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
That being said I'm not completely sold on the as-the-offical-story-goes theory, but certainly can't discount it outright. What are your thoughts on Oswald being a rogue KGB agent, or at least a radicalized soviet asset that they lost control of?
All the evidence I've seen (some of it from files published after the Soviet Union collapsed) show that after LHO had been in Russia a while they had him pegged as as being too unstable to be a reliable asset. Who knows? Some of the conspiracy theories are quite compelling but in my opinion (which counts for exactly nothing) the most likely scenario is the most simple one - a lone gunman stumbled and fumbled his way to being in the right place at the right time and pulled it off.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #29
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
All the evidence I've seen (some of it from files published after the Soviet Union collapsed) show that after LHO had been in Russia a while they had him pegged as as being too unstable to be a reliable asset. Who knows? Some of the conspiracy theories are quite compelling but in my opinion (which counts for exactly nothing) the most likely scenario is the most simple one - a lone gunman stumbled and fumbled his way to being in the right place at the right time and pulled it off.
I guess the end result is the same, Kennedy is dead. The hard part of deciphering LHO's motives is that he was probably insane, and trying to pick out the thought process of a madman entangles truth with fiction. I think Occam's Razor tends to agree with you, my only lingering questions have been about LHO's associations.

What book/source material did the Soviet intelligence on LHO come from, if you dont mind me asking?
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #30
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
What book/source material did the Soviet intelligence on LHO come from, if you dont mind me asking?
I'll see if I can find it.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #31
Voodoo
Six Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

H.W. Bush was there to oversee the killing so I'd say the CIA is behind it. I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.

He will burn in Hell.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #32
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.
Care to elaborate?
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #33
MySRT8U
Pope & Young
 
MySRT8U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Schertz
Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
H.W. Bush was there to oversee the killing so I'd say the CIA is behind it. I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.

He will burn in Hell.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #34
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young
 
Mr. Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
H.W. Bush was there to oversee the killing so I'd say the CIA is behind it. I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.

He will burn in Hell.
Say what?
Mr. Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #35
DarrellS
Ten Point
 
DarrellS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lorena,Texas
Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
H.W. Bush was there to oversee the killing so I'd say the CIA is behind it. I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.

He will burn in Hell.
Can't leave us hanging. What is this so called first hand knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #36
MySRT8U
Pope & Young
 
MySRT8U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Schertz
Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
Can't leave us hanging. What is this so called first hand knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


Me thinks he has none.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #37
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
Can't leave us hanging. What is this so called first hand knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySRT8U View Post
Me thinks he has none.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He commented on a thread with some epic escapades in panama as a special covert green beret operative. Can't find it, musta got the axe--- or it was still classified and the NSA deleted
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #38
Voodoo
Six Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
He commented on a thread with some epic escapades in panama as a special covert green beret operative. Can't find it, musta got the axe--- or it was still classified and the NSA deleted
I'd never claim to be an Army puke. I'm also not in the mood to confess my sins tonight to the internet. I will again sometime.

The Mafia stuff is close but its a political control mafia. If you guys think its an accident all these kin folk are maintaining political control, theres ocean front property in Arizona. Prescott Bush, look him up. He was also in bed with the Nazi war machine provoding raw materials for money.

Oswald very well may have conected with a shot, so did the guy in the storm drain on the street, my best guess. They interviewed a fella that claimed on his death bed that he was the guy at street level but I ain't seen much of that since. I think it was setup to lend itself to conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Voodoo; 06-07-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #39
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

I have done a lot of research on the subject. One thing people overlook is, JFK and RFK set out to bring about the end of the Mafia. The Mafia is known to have threatened the lives of both JFK and RFK if they did not relent. Also, Oswald was no "under the radar" communist convert. He was all over TV as well as in numerous newspaper and magazine articles trying to sell communism to the United States. Thus, his public profile made him easy to find since he was usually on street corners handing out literature. In Oswald, the Mafia could see a willing patsy a mile away.

Remember, Oswald was not a particularly intelligent specimen nor was he well educated. Listen to him speak and read his writings (if you can decipher the misspellings). I believe the Mafia decided to follow through with their threat and used Oswald in that plan, thereby making Oswald was the perfect patsy. It would not have been hard to convince him to be a part of something "big" in the name of communism. I believe he WAS on the 6th floor that day and I believe he actually did connect with one of three shots. However, he was not alone. There was another shooter on the grassy knoll to ensure the job was completed. They did not want to have to use that shooter but when Oswald failed to incapacitate Kennedy, the pro fired one shot. A head shot at 40 yards....he was DRT. I also believe there was a layer of assassins on that motorcade route but little evidence exists to support that. Tactically, it makes perfect sense. After the shooting, Oswald wasn't smart enough to plan an adequate exit strategy and he was captured. It worked out very well for the Mafia.
Livin'2hunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #40
lanceodom
Ten Point
 
lanceodom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: McMullen, Webb & Wilson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I have done a lot of research on the subject. One thing people overlook is, JFK and RFK set out to bring about the end of the Mafia. The Mafia is known to have threatened the lives of both JFK and RFK if they did not relent. Also, Oswald was no "under the radar" communist convert. He was all over TV as well as in numerous newspaper and magazine articles trying to sell communism to the United States. Thus, his public profile made him easy to find since he was usually on street corners handing out literature. In Oswald, the Mafia could see a willing patsy a mile away.

Remember, Oswald was not a particularly intelligent specimen nor was he well educated. Listen to him speak and read his writings (if you can decipher the misspellings). I believe the Mafia decided to follow through with their threat and used Oswald in that plan, thereby making Oswald was the perfect patsy. It would not have been hard to convince him to be a part of something "big" in the name of communism. I believe he WAS on the 6th floor that day and I believe he actually did connect with one of three shots. However, he was not alone. There was another shooter on the grassy knoll to ensure the job was completed. They did not want to have to use that shooter but when Oswald failed to incapacitate Kennedy, the pro fired one shot. A head shot at 40 yards....he was DRT. I also believe there was a layer of assassins on that motorcade route but little evidence exists to support that. Tactically, it makes perfect sense. After the shooting, Oswald wasn't smart enough to plan an adequate exit strategy and he was captured. It worked out very well for the Mafia.
I have done zero research but I think it is something down these lines...
lanceodom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #41
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

This is how the Clinton crime family got their start
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #42
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

I've shot a few things in the head and not one time did the contents travel back the way the bullet came from. I just don't see a lone gunman.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #43
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I've shot a few things in the head and not one time did the contents travel back the way the bullet came from. I just don't see a lone gunman.
As a survivor of multiple firefights in Vietnam and witness to the damage from many many head shots I can safely say there was never one that the bullet made a bigger hole going in that it did coming out. One 5.56 round in the face and there is virtually nothing left on the back of the head and 80% of the brain is blown away. The AK-47 round doesn't do as much explosive damage but still makes a larger exit hole than it does entering. Loading soldiers in body bags to put on the dust off I got a first hand look at more than I ever wanted to see.
Watching the old films there has never been a doubt in my mind that Kennedy was shot from the front or near side and the whole back of his skull was blown away.
The bullet from the 6.5 is a solid jacket long bullet at 160grs and can be unstable after entry even at low velocity of 2200+- depending on the rifle it is shot from. If Kennedy was hit from the back of his skull I would expect to see part of the front of his face blown off. I have no doubt Oswald did some shooting but do have doubts that he actually hit Kennedy even though a bullet fired from his rifle was recovered.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #44
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
As a survivor of multiple firefights in Vietnam and witness to the damage from many many head shots I can safely say there was never one that the bullet made a bigger hole going in that it did coming out. One 5.56 round in the face and there is virtually nothing left on the back of the head and 80% of the brain is blown away. The AK-47 round doesn't do as much explosive damage but still makes a larger exit hole than it does entering. Loading soldiers in body bags to put on the dust off I got a first hand look at more than I ever wanted to see.
Watching the old films there has never been a doubt in my mind that Kennedy was shot from the front or near side and the whole back of his skull was blown away.
The bullet from the 6.5 is a solid jacket long bullet at 160grs and can be unstable after entry even at low velocity of 2200+- depending on the rifle it is shot from. If Kennedy was hit from the back of his skull I would expect to see part of the front of his face blown off. I have no doubt Oswald did some shooting but do have doubts that he actually hit Kennedy even though a bullet fired from his rifle was recovered.

This is my belief, precisely. I'm sorry you had to see the things you saw in Vietnam but it affirms the ballistics and physics associated with this case. The shot from the grassy knoll was a second layer in the event Oswald didn't get the job done. JFK would have died from the wound at the base of his neck but there was no way to know he was hit in that short period of time. I would bet $100 to a bucket of p*ss that the grassy knoll shooter was dead within the hour.
Livin'2hunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #45
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
As a survivor of multiple firefights in Vietnam and witness to the damage from many many head shots I can safely say there was never one that the bullet made a bigger hole going in that it did coming out. One 5.56 round in the face and there is virtually nothing left on the back of the head and 80% of the brain is blown away. The AK-47 round doesn't do as much explosive damage but still makes a larger exit hole than it does entering. Loading soldiers in body bags to put on the dust off I got a first hand look at more than I ever wanted to see.
Watching the old films there has never been a doubt in my mind that Kennedy was shot from the front or near side and the whole back of his skull was blown away.
The bullet from the 6.5 is a solid jacket long bullet at 160grs and can be unstable after entry even at low velocity of 2200+- depending on the rifle it is shot from. If Kennedy was hit from the back of his skull I would expect to see part of the front of his face blown off. I have no doubt Oswald did some shooting but do have doubts that he actually hit Kennedy even though a bullet fired from his rifle was recovered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
This is my belief, precisely. I'm sorry you had to see the things you saw in Vietnam but it affirms the ballistics and physics associated with this case. The shot from the grassy knoll was a second layer in the event Oswald didn't get the job done. JFK would have died from the wound at the base of his neck but there was no way to know he was hit in that short period of time. I would bet $100 to a bucket of p*ss that the grassy knoll shooter was dead within the hour.



Back... and to the left...
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #46
125Dad
Ten Point
 
125Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: keller
Hunt In: Coke Co.
Default

In high school I wrote my Juniortheme on this at the time I thought connly and lbj had a big role in it.
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #47
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Carlos Marcellus the MAFIA Kingpin in NOLA has always been tied to this event. Oswald lived in NOLA for years. Actually, his parents in NOLA were arrested within hours of the assassination in Dallas.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #48
Voodoo
Six Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

I'm sure y'all would ground pounder
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #49
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Haltom City
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

I have no idea. But, watch a documentary called: JFK - A Presidency Betrayed. It doesn't have anything to do with the assassination. However, it does paint a picture of a President fighting against his own people. Specifically the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I don't believe the idea of the documentary was to provoke this thought in my head, but, i came away thinking the Joint Chiefs had the man executed. I'm probably very alone. But i'll never believe Oswald acted alone. Beyond that, there's plenty of rabbit holes to run to and through.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #50
Draco
Pope & Young
 
Draco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Default

If it was as has been reported then why was the files kept closed for another 50 years. Who would be protected by that closure? The only ones I can think of are LBJ's family.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com