Check this Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this Out

I wanted to come up with a rifle to hog hunt out in my swamp.Since a long shot out there is under 60 yds. I would essentially be bow hunting with a rifle. After looking at what i had laying around in my shop, I came up with this.
    Attached Files

Nice job ... whats all the specs?

Comment

Go get em. And don't foreget the pics or video

Comment

Looks like a hog killin machine. Go try it out and send some pix.

Comment

Looks like a lethal setup to me!

Comment

What cali. is that rifle? Looks good.

Comment

Is that a British Enfield??

Comment

Thanx gang, It is a Ishpore Enfield , It was built in 1964 @ the Ishpore arsenal in India. It is chambered in.308 Win. The barrell is cut to 18.5" and re-crowned. The scope is a Tasco 2x pistol scope.The mount is actually made for a '98 Mauser but we made it fit. The "tactical light mount" is a rearscope base and ring for a Remington 700. The light is a Tac-Star , it is pretty bright. The stock is a synthetic actually made for a Brit. 303 Enfield, and the finish is a mix of Krylon deer stand and BBQ. paint. I call it "Swampoflauge." I had a bit of help from my good friend James Anthony {Anthony's Custom Rifles} in putting this thing together.Since i had all the parts, the total cost of the rifle is about $100.00. I sighted it in at 50. yds. It shoots great. See?
                Attached Files

Comment

Swampoflauge, you better trademark that, it will be on the counters at Bass Pro by next week. Cool looking setup!

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                    and the finish is a mix of Krylon deer stand and BBQ. paint. I call it "Swampoflauge."
                    There's no points for pretty on hunting gear. Great job, drill 'em between the ear and eye.

Comment

I had one of those rifles as a truck gun back when..loved it. I like yours better

Comment

Howdy all, Bill i LOVE the shotgun. I got a lefty Remington 870 i am gonig to do a project with simular to yours. What do you use it for?

Comment

My pig gun is a Springfield SOCOM 16

Comment

nice looking setup

Comment

Thanx again gang, I will be trying it out on some piggys next week. Going hog hunting at the Langley Ranch in CenterVille, Tx. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X