Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #51
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
How did Russia influence Trumps campaign? This Russia stuff came up before the election. Now that Trump won........by electoral college mine you, they are investigating what influence Russia has on Trump. So which is it? Russia got Trump elected and now has influence on him, or the country elected Trump, but Russia may have influence on him. This has been a witch hunt since BEFORE THE ELECTION. Is this just a farce intended to shield Clintons relationship with Russia? We all know she has one. What freaking gives?
Good question. Let's have an impartial investigation.....during which the guy being investigated will fire the guy leading the department in charge of the investigation. Nothing to see here.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #52
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Good question. Let's have an impartial investigation.....during which the guy being investigated will fire the guy leading the department in charge of the investigation. Nothing to see here.
Who ( if you could ) would you pick to do this investigation?
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #53
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
The same guy that had more than enough proof to indict Hillary Clinton but claimed she did not mean to commit the crimes. Also, the guy that uncovered Umma's criminal activity and also failed to attemp an indictment?? This guy should have been be fired by Obama.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #54
flywise
Pope & Young

And how is it that the past several months of investigation NOT impartial?
Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #55
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Who ( if you could ) would you pick to do this investigation?
I would say the FBI unless we have a better group of Investigators out there that I'm not aware of.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #56
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Except that firing the top guy won't make the investigation or any evidence disappear. The FBI staff would revolt if they believed Trump fired Comey to scuttle an investigation into any Trump-Russian collusion.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #57
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
The same guy that had more than enough proof to indict Hillary Clinton but claimed she did not mean to commit the crimes. Also, the guy that uncovered Umma's criminal activity and also failed to attemp an indictment?? This guy should have been be fired by Obama.
Or by Trump when he took office if he didn't think he was the guy to lead the FBI. But I don't think you do it when he is investigating YOU.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #58
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Except that firing the top guy won't make the investigation or any evidence disappear. The FBI staff would revolt if they believed Trump fired Comey to scuttle an investigation into any Trump-Russian collusion.
Exactly, but that doesn't fit the narrative. Common sense has no place in the "Russian Connection ".
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #59
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Or by Trump when he took office if he didn't think he was the guy to lead the FBI. But I don't think you do it when he is investigating YOU.
Well, at least he fired him instead of having him killed.........
Old 05-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #60
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Again, I seriously doubt Coney had anything to do with the actual investigation. Had Thrump done away with all of the FBI I would be raising a red flag as well...
Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #61
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Well, at least he fired him instead of having him killed.........
True. I guess he will still testify if he keeps on living. Not that he will say much. That guy says a lot of words but doesn't say anything with substance....one way or another. Maybe he is practicing being a politician
Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #62
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:

As many of them did when their boss basically toss all their hard work in the trash as it pertains to the hillary email investigation.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #63
100%TtId
Ten Point

Since the left wingers are all so bothered about foreign influence on elections, when is the investigation starting into Soro's influence in Obama's election?
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #64
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Since the left wingers are all so bothered about foreign influence on elections, when is the investigation starting into Soro's influence in Obama's election?
Obama won! Get over.......oh wait! Trump won! Get over it!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #65
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
True. I guess he will still testify if he keeps on living. Not that he will say much. That guy says a lot of words but doesn't say anything with substance....one way or another. Maybe he is practicing being a politician
I agree with you 100% on the politician part
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #66
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Comey has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a political hack. He should have been fired by Obama. He should have been fired by Trump on January 20th. I don't know what took Trump so long to fire the man, but I'm glad to see Comey gone. The investigation into all the Russian connection stuff will continue, but there isn't going to be much come of it. All of the liberal Obama administration holdovers in every part of the government, including the DOJ and FBI, have been doing everything they can to sabotage the Trump administration. If there was any evidence of some kind of collusion between Trump and the Russians it would have been leaked by now and they'd be beating the drums for impeachment already. I'm still not on the Trump train by any stretch, but the Russion BS is comical and getting old.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #67
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Comey has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a political hack. He should have been fired by Obama. He should have been fired by Trump on January 20th. I don't know what took Trump so long to fire the man, but I'm glad to see Comey gone. The investigation into all the Russian connection stuff will continue, but there isn't going to be much come of it. All of the liberal Obama administration holdovers in every part of the government, including the DOJ and FBI, have been doing everything they can to sabotage the Trump administration. If there was any evidence of some kind of collusion between Trump and the Russians it would have been leaked by now and they'd be beating the drums for impeachment already. I'm still not on the Trump train by any stretch, but the Russion BS is comical and getting old.
Agreed 100%!
Old 05-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #68
SMC
Four Point

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Quote:
But... there is evidence of collusion, leaked evidence. Flynn was fired over it and the AG had to recuse from the investigation over it!!! And the drums of impeachment are beating very very loudly.

And yes Trump should have fired Comey jan 20th. But he didn't, he praised him instead. But now when it seems the investigation is gathering steam... he fires him.

Last edited by SMC; 05-10-2017 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: .
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #69
niceg3s
Ten Point

Hunt In: Own property in Smith/Cherokee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
But... there is evidence of collusion, leaked evidence. Flynn was fired over it and the AG had to recuse from the investigation over it!!! And the drums of impeachment are beating very very loudly.

And yes Trump should have fired Comey jan 20th. But he didn't, he praised him instead. But now when it seems the investigation is gathering steam... he fires him.
He messed up in the Senate hearing last week. It's not just because of the Clinton email scandal. It's been a long line of screw ups. I think someone already posted a link to the list. Guy was too attention hungry for an FBI director. Needed to stay away from the media and the guy did the opposite. Press conference today said he ****** off the deputy AG by going around him.

Firing Comey won't play any role in the Trump/Russia investigation. People act like he was doing the investigation himself. Just like Nixon, the truth will come out.

I'm glad he fired him and Flynn. Trump doesn't seem to tolerate monkey business. If Sessions pulls something of magnitude as fast and furious like Holder did, Trump will can him too. Glad someone in there has the stones to send people packing that don't do their job well.
niceg3s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #70
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:

The drums you mention are being beat by brain dead idiots.
But they have been beating those drums literally day one.
There is no collusion, there was no russian interference in the election
Old 05-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #71
SMC
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceg3s View Post
He messed up in the Senate hearing last week. It's not just because of the Clinton email scandal. It's been a long line of screw ups. I think someone already posted a link to the list. Guy was too attention hungry for an FBI director. Needed to stay away from the media and the guy did the opposite. Press conference today said he ****** off the deputy AG by going around him.

Firing Comey won't play any role in the Trump/Russia investigation. People act like he was doing the investigation himself. Just like Nixon, the truth will come out.

I'm glad he fired him and Flynn. Trump doesn't seem to tolerate monkey business. If Sessions pulls something of magnitude as fast and furious like Holder did, Trump will can him too. Glad someone in there has the stones to send people packing that don't do their job well.
Yeah he fired Flynn several days after he was told of his lies etc. And that too after firing Sally Yates who warned him about Flynn. So monkey business is OK as long as it dosent leak.

Imgaine we'd still have a possible Russian spy as the National Security Advisor if the news hadn't leaked!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #72
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah he fired Flynn several days after he was told of his lies etc. And that too after firing Sally Yates who warned him about Flynn. So monkey business is OK as long as it dosent leak.

Imgaine we'd still have a possible Russian spy as the National Security Advisor if the news hadn't leaked!!!
Dang you sure can reach
Old 05-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #73
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Dang you sure can reach
It's all they got. They just can't handle the fact that their little utopian of a world was cut short by a Clinton defeat. Like I stated, the country didn't elect Trump, Clinton did. The country has spoken, get the **** over it!
Old 05-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #74
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
don't confuse anyone with facts now; move along, nothing to see here.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #75
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Quote:
Or on Hillary taking money from half a dozen middle eastern Countries.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #76
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Quote:

There's no steam, just a lot of hot air. The democrats delayed Trump's pick for Attorney General, he was confirmed around April 25th. He did his due diligence on Comey and recommended he be fired and he was.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #77
stykshooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas

Quote:

He's draining the swamp & filling it with Russians. Can't make this stuff up today Trump hosts Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov and Ambassador Kislyak at White House. Maybe he fired Comey because of the subpoena's issued ordering Flynn to turn over business documents & business partners.
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #78
SMC
Four Point

Yes things are going to get interesting to say the least!!
Regarding the various investigations against Clinton Obama and others..... hey the republicans have the house senate the presidency and the high court soon.....
Old 05-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #79
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by stykshooter View Post
He's draining the swamp & filling it with Russians. Can't make this stuff up today Trump hosts Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov and Ambassador Kislyak at White House. Maybe he fired Comey because of the subpoena's issued ordering Flynn to turn over business documents & business partners.
Whatever! But I will say, at least the Russians are Christians. That in itself is a breath of fresh air.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #80
SMC
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertzon Man View Post
There's no steam, just a lot of hot air. The democrats delayed Trump's pick for Attorney General, he was confirmed around April 25th. He did his due diligence on Comey and recommended he be fired and he was.
While Comey was heading up an investigation he recused himself from after he was caught giving misleading testimony during his confirmation hearing on the matter that's being investigated now......... yeah right!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #81
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
While Comey was heading up an investigation he recused himself from after he was caught giving misleading testimony during his confirmation hearing on the matter that's being investigated now......... yeah right!
Why did Schumer say in November that he had lost all confidence in Comey and he was applauded at the re-investigation of Clinton, then squeals like a little brat when Trump fired him? Answer me this riddle.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #82
SMC
Four Point

Quote:
Why did Schumer say in November that he had lost all confidence in Comey and he was applauded at the re-investigation of Clinton, then squeals like a little brat when Trump fired him? Answer me this riddle.
I don't know!! And honestly don't care. Maybe because in one case a politician chose to hide their communications like many of em do and another is colluding with an enemy to influence the most sacred of American institutions

Last edited by SMC; 05-10-2017 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: ,
Old 05-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #83
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Yeah, but you gotta admit the timing was ironically atrocious...

Quote:
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #84
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I don't know!! And honestly don't care. Maybe because in one case a politician chose to hide their communications like many of em do and another is colluding with an enemy to influence the most sacred of American institutions
Because it doesn't fit his agenda.........at the moment. AKA: Hipocracy.

Some things never change. I must admit though, I do love to hear y'all whine.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #85
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Hell, maybe that's exactly why he did it. Give them something to talk about.

Like has been mentioned before, the evidence, if any, didn't disappear with Comey being fired,but, but, but..........BS!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #86
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Because it doesn't fit his agenda.........at the moment. AKA: Hipocracy.

Some things never change. I must admit though, I do love to hear y'all whine.
Some things do never change. Like having having a flimsy argument and resorting to calling someone a whiner. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.....like a political forum that doesn't get locked.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #87
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Some things do never change. Like having having a flimsy argument and resorting to calling someone a whiner. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.....like a political forum that doesn't get locked.
Get over your self righteous self. Let's hear your non-flimsy Russian argument.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:56 PM   #88
LWC
Ten Point

Maybe you think this is flimsy, but Trump fired his NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR due to lies about Russian ties. I think that deserves a little investigating. Flynn was just subpoenaed so maybe he will shed some light on that situation.....or just plead the fifth.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #89
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Yep. I did. He should have fired him 3 1/2 months ago.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 PM   #90
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Maybe you think this is flimsy, but Trump fired his NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR due to lies about Russian ties. I think that deserves a little investigating. Flynn was just subpoenaed so maybe he will shed some light on that situation.....or just plead the fifth.
Correct! Trump fired him.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #91
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iowa Park

I get the feeling Trump is playing chess and the "others" are playing checkers........we'll see. And, he shouldn't give two ____s about what the Left or Media thinks!
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #92
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Pretty simple, he fired Comey because he is a HACK! Man y'all look into stuff too deep. There was no perfect timing...it is what it is. He's gone, turn the page and let's move forward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #93
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Pretty simple, he fired Comey because he is a HACK! Man y'all look into stuff too deep. There was no perfect timing...it is what it is. He's gone, turn the page and let's move forward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I don't believe they are taking a deep look. Its more like man made climate change, a few dems say its happening and they take it and tun with it.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #94
niceg3s
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep. I did. He should have fired him 3 1/2 months ago.
Rod Rosenstein was the one who got Comey fired. He was confirmed on 4/25. The senate hearing that Comey screw up in was last week. Rosenstein told Trump he was unhappy. Trump requested a report. Rosenstein gave it this week. Trump fires Comey. That's pretty fast.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #95
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

One day I hope some of you people wake up. You wanted Trump to fire Comey. Now you complain he didn't do it fast enough. Just admit already you will never be happy with what Trump does.

Go Trump!
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #96
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceg3s View Post
Rod Rosenstein was the one who got Comey fired. He was confirmed on 4/25. The senate hearing that Comey screw up in was last week. Rosenstein told Trump he was unhappy. Trump requested a report. Rosenstein gave it this week. Trump fires Comey. That's pretty fast.
Comey needed to be fired last year. This was just the latest thing on the list of reasons to fire him. Trump could have and should have fired him in January. Not that big of a deal though. Better late than never. As long as Comey is gone, it's a good thing.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #97
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
One day I hope some of you people wake up. You wanted Trump to fire Comey. Now you complain he didn't do it fast enough. Just admit already you will never be happy with what Trump does.

Go Trump!
For so many there is literally nothing Trump can do right. Im not saying he is perfect, far from it, but if Trump came out against the devil this afternoon, half of the conservatives and all of the liberals would cry out loud "Hail Satan" and bash Trump for being such a horrible person. Poor devil.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #98
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
This
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #99
niceg3s
Ten Point

Quote:
Comey needed to be fired last year. This was just the latest thing on the list of reasons to fire him. Trump could have and should have fired him in January. Not that big of a deal though. Better late than never. As long as Comey is gone, it's a good thing.
I agree. I think it was more Rosenstein than Trump and that explains the timing. He fired Flynn after given a thorough review by the WH legal staff, but Dems complained about the timing. Trump couldn't trust Sally Yates, so he had to do his own research, but she wasn't ignored. Glad she got fired too. Wish they would find out who is leaking to the media as well and press criminal charges.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #100
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
And this...
The guy was a total joke in that position..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top