Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-03-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default Republican Congress

Never before in the history of man has such an inept, disorganized, dysfunctional group of people ever assembled within our government or anywhere else for that matter. If the US Congress was a company in the private sector not one of those useless morons would have not been fired several times over by now. Their lack of ability to do the simplest things promised to the American people is indicative of either one of two things. They either want to do the things they promised and are too stupid to be able to do so or they are so corrupt they do not wish to do the things they promised as their lobbyists are paying them to go another direction.

I was pretty positive about a non politician going to Washington to clean things up but I am now sure that no matter how hard Trump tries to do anything the congress will make sure it does not happen voluntarily or involuntarily. I bet he wont get 20 percent of his agenda done through this congress. Im at the point of going to my congressman's next town hall and publically letting him know what a blither idiot he and his compadres are.

J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

It is really disappointing to learn how many Republicans won't vote to uproot ObamaCare. (at least 20 from what I have read) They all said they were in favor of a bill repealing it when they knew that Obama would veto it anyway. The truth is, many are up for re election and live in districts where a large chunk of their constituents love their ObamaCare. It should not be surprising that they put getting re elected above principal or previous promises. That's what politicians do
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rusk County

Just a bunch of RINOS!!!! They are all cut from the same cloth!!
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Yep. Like I always say, the GOP primaries are where we have to win the battles. Simply sending somebody with an (R) after his/her name to Washington doesn't mean jack. We need actual principled Constitutional conservatives, NOT Republicans.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #5
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

It's not just the republicans, it's all of the congress and senate. They are bringing this great country down.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #6
LWC
Ten Point

It is depressing seeing a bunch of spineless, unprincipled, pansies in DC doing our "bidding". I see it getting a a whole lot worse before the people demand term limits for our reps.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #7
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

We can all blame the people to the left and right of us (not politically speaking). It is clear, most people cannot be bothered to unseat these losers. If they knew 1/100th of the garbage they do, these same people would be outraged. But alas, this is not the case. They can't be bothered to do the research for fear they will miss something stupid that one of the Kardashians says next. These politicians are taking what we give them. We give them free reign to trample us flat and most people couldn't care less. That is, until something inconvenient knocks on their door. Then, and only then will these part-time citizens snap to. Most won't even care then. I don't get it and never will.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #8
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Yep. Like I always say, the GOP primaries are where we have to win the battles. Simply sending somebody with an (R) after his/her name to Washington doesn't mean jack. We need actual principled Constitutional conservatives, NOT Republicans.
Indeed. I've voted against get along Cornyn and will again. My congressman is term limiting himself after this term. Wish he would sponsor a bill for term limits. I don't see that ever happening without a convention of states.

I'm not sure what Trump will succeed in getting done with this congress but I know how the SCOTUS leans at least. Hopefully he will get the chance to make it lean a bit further right.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #9
Shane
Pope & Young

I think a convention of the states is the only possible fix for the mess and corruption in government. Even that won't end corruption, but we could at least get some limits on government power that way. It won't happen any other way.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #10
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
I think a convention of the states is the only possible fix for the mess and corruption in government. Even that won't end corruption, but we could at least get some limits on government power that way. It won't happen any other way.
Shane, I'v'e heard mention of this in the past. Can you explain how this happens. Is it likely to ever happen or not? Thanks
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #11
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Shane, I'v'e heard mention of this in the past. Can you explain how this happens. Is it likely to ever happen or not? Thanks
It's in the works right now. https://www.conventionofstates.com/

Everyone of us should be following the progress and getting involved where we can. Here's the page for Texas: https://www.cosaction.com/texas

Here's the best place to start to learn about the whole thing: https://www.conventionofstates.com/learn
Old 05-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #12
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

Everyone of us should be following the progress and getting involved where we can. Here's the page for Texas: https://www.cosaction.com/texas

Here's the best place to start to learn about the whole thing: https://www.conventionofstates.com/learn
Thanks for the info!! I signed and called my rep!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #13
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
^^
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #14
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
This book is a good start: "The Liberty Amendments" ---Mark Levin

Quote:
Article V sets forth the two processes for amending the Constitution,
the second of which I have emphasized in italics:
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall
deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution,
or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two
thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing
Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents
and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the
Legislatures of three fourths of the several States or by Conventions
in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of
Ratification may be proposed by the Congress . . .
Here's the 1st chapter.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/wp-cont...ndmentsCh1.pdf
Old 05-03-2017, 10:49 PM   #15
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: East & Northern Arkansas.

They should all serve one term and be done. I rarely vote for an incumbent at any level, regardless of party affiliation. They're giving us a raw deal, and it's been easy to see. In my mind the Rs are the same as the Ds. The power gets to their heads and they turn into blind, lying, power hungry career politicians.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2017, 01:01 AM   #16
Vermin93
Eight Point

Hunt In: Around DFW, OK, TN

Little Appetite for Repealing Obamacare;
Large Majorities Support Key Provisions

http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-con...HealthCare.pdf

Even among Republicans and conservatives, majorities support a nationwide standard for coverage of pre-existing conditions (54 and 55 percent, respectively). A narrow majority of conservatives (53 percent) and a substantial share of Republicans (46 percent) also support a national standard for minimum coverage.

Further, just 20 percent of conservatives, a quarter of Republicans, and 28 percent of Trump’s own voters say he should try to encourage failure of the existing law.

In an additional expression of support for the law, Americans by 43-26 percent say they’d rather see Trump work with Democrats than with conservative Republicans in Congress to change it. Twenty-four percent prefer him to work with both.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #17
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

SJR2 has been placed on constitutional amendment calendar again, when do you think they will take a vote?
Old 05-04-2017, 01:57 PM   #18
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
SJR2 has been placed on constitutional amendment calendar again, when do you think they will take a vote?
Today
Old 05-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #19
Shane
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
It passed. Texas is now the 11th state to join the COS effort officially. We need 34.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:32 PM   #20
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
It passed. Texas is now the 11th state to join the COS effort officially. We need 34.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...gn-washington/

Quote:
The Republican-controlled Texas Legislature passed a Convention of States Resolution, becoming the eleventh. Article V of the U.S. Constitution allows for a Convention of States to restrict the power of the federal government.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #21
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

Quote:
So sad that the majority don't get that very simple FACT! Being stuck on PARTY affiliation is a pure joke on all of us that think beyond there own nose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
They should all serve one term and be done. I rarely vote for an incumbent at any level, regardless of party affiliation. They're giving us a raw deal, and it's been easy to see. In my mind the Rs are the same as the Ds. The power gets to their heads and they turn into blind, lying, power hungry career politicians.
U are definitely one of the few that is paying attention!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
It is really disappointing to learn how many Republicans won't vote to uproot ObamaCare. (at least 20 from what I have read) They all said they were in favor of a bill repealing it when they knew that Obama would veto it anyway. The truth is, many are up for re election and live in districts where a large chunk of their constituents love their ObamaCare. It should not be surprising that they put getting re elected above principal or previous promises. That's what politicians do
In for the win! Not anything NEW or SPECIAL it just now matters more today than ever before. We don't have much "meat left on this bone", but these nitwits are still acting like we are don't have a serious issue financially. Everyone of them wants there chunk of the golden calf no matter how it affects the nation in the big picture. Re-election is the bottom line..........PERIOD!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #22
SMC
Four Point

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
So sad that the majority don't get that very simple FACT! Being stuck on PARTY affiliation is a pure joke on all of us that think beyond there own nose.
........o
Not quite sure how you can say that. The two parties stand for very very different ideologies!! Part affiliation does mean a lot I think.
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #23
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
Not quite sure how you can say that. The two parties stand for very very different ideologies!! Part affiliation does mean a lot I think.
Guess the point went pass you. Yes the ideologies are extremely different but the outcome for the folks that lead the idealistic parties are exactly the same. Sell the middle class down the drain and gain power/money by playing both sides against the middle. But if being a member of a political party is that important to you I fully understand.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #24
SMC
Four Point

Hunt In: Looking for a place

No sir. Respectfully disagree!! Very very strongly though lol.
The leaders of the two parties have a very different views on everything. Social issues, fiscal issues global and the list goes on and on. Can you name one issue that the two parties agree on!!

Yes there are crooks in both parties.... but the crooks answer to very different electorates. So yes they may be crooks but their crookedness will be heavily biased towards their ideology!!

Last edited by SMC; 05-07-2017 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: .
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #25
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
No sir. Respectfully disagree!! Very very strongly though lol.
The leaders of the two parties have a very different views on everything. Social issues, fiscal issues global and the list goes on and on. Can you name one issue that the two parties agree on!!

Yes there are crooks in both parties.... but the crooks answer to very different electorates. So yes they may be crooks but their crookedness will be heavily biased towards their ideology!!
The issue that they agree upon is to deceive, mislead and enrich themselves off the backs of American citizens.....YES CROOKS.......R or D......all the same to me in the end! The platform that the R's present to the American public is right up my alley but obviously they have not stuck to that in a generation......Newt Ginrich blew it for me in 90's as I was all in! Again, you are missing the point of the previous responses or you are just willing to settle for mediocre misfits or ...as you put it...crooks. I don't subscribe to political parties because the crooked factor is very real and those are our TAX dollars that are being misappropriated by both primary political parties. I subscribe to individual constitutionalist as Shane posted so eloquently when it comes to high profile candidates. As noted, if we as citizens are basing our vote on a party it is time to reevaluate what we have gotten in return in 30 years.