Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #151
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
That's pretty easy for you to say, sitting in the comfort of your own home.
Until you wind up in that guy's situation. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be quite so calm, collected, or.......smug
I guess it's hard to know how one might react in that situation. However, no matter how unfairly you are being treated, once it becomes apparent you are going to be leaving the plane one way or another I would think preserving one's dignity at that point and leaving under your own power is the way to go. I would be forever embarrassed if I acted that way and it was captured on video. I shudder to think of friends and family seeing it -especially my kids.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #152
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
This thread delivers!

Id like to fly with the one feller (not the one kicked off), drink and BS the entire flight!

LOL
Meh...you'd have to pay for drinks.....he obviously wasn't in 1st class...lol
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #153
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRan View Post
Meh...you'd have to pay for drinks.....he obviously wasn't in 1st class...lol
I was hoping they'd be put on your tab.....
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #154
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
He is an ***.
Haha...opinions vary...some matter, some don't...guess which bucket your's is in? Hard to dispute facts tho my man...
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #155
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I was hoping they'd be put on your tab.....
Of course...companion upgrade...sky club 1st tho

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 09:47 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #156
tgridley
Ten Point
 
tgridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wimberley TX
Hunt In: Hays County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
The other question is this. If it was you getting screwed and kicked off, how would you handle it?

A) be understandably mad, argue your case then leave peaceably swearing to never fly with them again. Write letters of complaint, blog about it and tell everyone you know.
B) lay on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit at WalMart because MeeMaw won't by you gummy bears

Have some self respect dude.
C) Being arrested, tazed or shot for taking out the guy that put his hands on me trying to drag me out of my seat.
tgridley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #157
tradtiger
Ten Point
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

United should have merely upped offer to leave plane. Someone would have taken offer at $1,000 or so. Not passengers' fault plane was over-booked and dead-head crew needed to get to Louisville by Monday.

Two things: 1) Don't care to share a campfire with Rodina Ranc ... like, ever.
2) True irony: same day this public relations fiasco occurs CEO of United is getting an award from a national public relations association for communicator of the year....
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #158
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
Ok...go ask united if they "randomly" select folks when over sold ...again...i'll wait...i'll save u some time...THEY DON'T...there is a matrix each airline uses to determine who gets booted based on ticket price, status, etc..it is anything but random...in fact, most are very logical...spend more with us ...u safe...pay $2500 when guy next to u pays $250...u safe!
Fascinating. So, like you, United Airlines states some people are worth more than others. I own my own business and treat everyone with respect until they no longer deserve it. I don't tie up their schedule thereby wasting their time and money, I just tell them I will no longer do their work. What United did is the equivalent of my accepting work, being paid for it prior to services being rendered and then deciding I'm going turkey hunting moments before work commences.

It's all good though because I put it 40+ pages deep into a stupid contract no one reads. That sums up your position and if you claim to have read their contract as a paying customer, you're a liar.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #159
HogHunter34
Ten Point
 
HogHunter34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whitehouse, Tx
Hunt In: Anderson County
Default

I guess it could have been worse. Could have removed him after takeoff
Kidding of course....basically their boarding policy boils down to you have no rights seated or not if they decide to remove you.
Excuse me sir, but despite fixed # of seats we over booked. Sorry but that's our policy. Oh and by the way despite overlooking this during boarding roll call & scanning passes and allowing you to take your seat, we are demanding your removal by whatever means....Oh and thanks for trying to fly united & have a nice day
HogHunter34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:58 PM   #160
Buckley99
Eight Point
 
Buckley99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mansfield, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
Of course...companion upgrade...sky club 1st tho
How many threads did you have to read through to drop your "million miler" title? Congrats on showing everyone that flight miles and likability are not directly correlated.
Buckley99 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #161
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Heifer barn
Hunt In: McCullouch County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckley99 View Post
How many threads did you have to read through to drop your "million miler" title? Congrats on showing everyone that flight miles and likability are not directly correlated.
You win the internet for today...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #162
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Fascinating. So, like you, United Airlines states some people are worth more than others. I own my own business and treat everyone with respect until they no longer deserve it. I don't tie up their schedule thereby wasting their time and money, I just tell them I will no longer do their work. What United did is the equivalent of my accepting work, being paid for it prior to services being rendered and then deciding I'm going turkey hunting moments before work commences.

It's all good though because I put it 40+ pages deep into a stupid contract no one reads. That sums up your position and if you claim to have read their contract as a paying customer, you're a liar.
You just might wanna know a fella before calling him
A liar...& yes i have read every contract of carriage of every airline i've flown...out of necessity, not b/c I didn't have anything better to do...lol

& yes...fact of matter is some customers are worth more than others....hence the whole reason a contract of carriage is in place ...to resolve such disputes before they occur

I don't know your line of work...but i know mine...if i have 2 clients in need of a specific resource (& i only have 1 guy who can do the work).one does $1M worth of business with me & another does $50k annually...i am going to staff the $1M client with the resource & offer the $50k client compensation...why...b/c one client is "better" than the other in terms of revenue

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 10:18 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #163
TXHunter12
Ten Point
 
TXHunter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spring, TX
Default

Here's the part of the story that doesn't make any sense. After he was removed:

The man was able to get back on the plane after initially being taken off – his face was bloody and he seemed disoriented, Bridges said, and he ran to the back of the plane. Passengers asked to get off the plane as a medical crew came on to deal with the passenger, she said, and passengers were then told to go back to the gate so that officials could "tidy up" the plane before taking off.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #164
txwhitetail
Ten Point
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

I guess the airline can refuse service and remove whoever they want from the plane.

The guy acted like a child kicking and screaming. Grow up there are other avenues to expressing your grievances. Most got over the kicking and screaming in elementary.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #165
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRan View Post
Of course...companion upgrade...sky club 1st tho
Deal!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:04 PM   #166
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

This thread just proves the saying in the movie A Few Good Men. You can't handle the truth.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #167
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckley99 View Post
How many threads did you have to read through to drop your "million miler" title? Congrats on showing everyone that flight miles and likability are not directly correlated.
It wasn't done boastfully...simply to show i know wth i'm talking abt...based on experience...not what i read & frankly it's not something i care to brag abt...it's a scarlet letter, not an achievement...my professional choices did not come w/o personal sacrifice...if you think it is...you have obviously never had to make that choice

BTW honoring a contract i engage in rates higher than a temper tantrum too b/c i was uninformed abt a contract i committed to when i swiped my cc

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 10:14 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #168
sharkhunter
Pope & Young
 
sharkhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Houston , TX
Hunt In: Looking for a place
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
He's right. Read page 42 from the link he posted.

Typical tbh....lots of guys with a strong opinion but ignore the facts

No opinion on the video yet b/c I havent watched it.


Attachment 849805
I'm missing the part that allows them to assault you?
sharkhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #169
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

If anyone is boycotting United and giving away their air miles over this dumb A passenger......I'll take them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #170
SKLOSS
Pope & Young
 
SKLOSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Anderson County
Hunt In: Anderson & Coleman Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRan View Post
It wasn't done boastfully...simply to show i know wth i'm talking abt...based on experience...not what i read & frankly it's not something i care to brag abt...it's a scarlet letter, not an achievement...my professional choices did not come w/o personal sacrifice...if you think it is...you have obviously never had to make that choice

BTW honoring a contract i engage in rates higher than a temper tantrum too b/c i was uninformed abt a contract i committed to when i swiped my cc


What exactly is it that you do for a living?
SKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #171
Black Ice
Pope & Young
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
For $800, I'd do a lot of things


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Pm sent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #172
tradtiger
Ten Point
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

Really don't quite understand why some insist on arguing the fine print of "contracts of carriage". Why is it difficult to comprehend the common sense way of conducting civilized business? In this particular situation United was obviously penny wise and pound foolish. They wouldn't go higher than $800 to get a seated passenger to voluntarily give up their seat on the plane, so they opted to call in law enforcement to create a multi-million dollar public relations fiasco. Stupid move. Period.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #173
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

I own a small consulting firm..we do mfg & supply chain process design & design/develop/implement ERP & MES systems..formerly worked @ IBM in a couple different global services practices

1/2 arse exotic deer guy on side

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 10:34 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #174
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
Really don't quite understand why some insist on arguing the fine print of "contracts of carriage". Why is it difficult to comprehend the common sense way of conducting civilized business? In this particular situation United was obviously penny wise and pound foolish. They wouldn't go higher than $800 to get a seated passenger to voluntarily give up their seat on the plane, so they opted to call in law enforcement to create a multi-million dollar public relations fiasco. Stupid move. Period.
I can only speak for myself...but i argue it only b/c it's a contract he entered into when he bought the ticket. No different than breaking a law & subsequently claiming ignorance of that law as an excuse... if he wasn't aware of it..he should have been, while I understand most average travelers may not even know it exists, that's no excuse for throwing a tantrum when it's enforced

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 10:41 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #175
Buckley99
Eight Point
 
Buckley99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mansfield, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
It wasn't done boastfully...simply to show i know wth i'm talking abt...based on experience...not what i read & frankly it's not something i care to brag abt...it's a scarlet letter, not an achievement...my professional choices did not come w/o personal sacrifice...if you think it is...you have obviously never had to make that choice

BTW honoring a contract i engage in rates higher than a temper tantrum too b/c i was uninformed abt a contract i committed to when i swiped my cc
I used to be on a plane/traveling 280+ days a year and, yes, it's definitely a scarlet letter. I decided to make a change when it took me 30 minutes of laying in a hotel bed (and a quick peek at the phone book) to remember what city I was in.
Buckley99 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #176
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Exactly folks that think travel is adventurous ...have not done enough of it...july will be 20yrs for me...12 owning my own firm...i do not do global anymore...
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #177
tradtiger
Ten Point
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
I can only speak for myself...but i argue it only b/c it's a contract he entered into when he bought the ticket. No different than breaking a law & subsequently claiming ignorace of that law as an excuse... if he wasn't aware of it..he should have been, while I understand most average travelers may not even know it exists, that's no excuse for throwing a tantrum when it's enforced
You and United continue to miss the point. Simply not the right thing to do.
Plenty of other options. Plenty of ways to get the extra employees where they needed to be. You may know contracts, but seem to lack understanding of the consequences when enforced to the letter. Sometimes, judgment is called for.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:36 PM   #178
wtx223
Ten Point
 
wtx223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Hunt In: TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
The other question is this. If it was you getting screwed and kicked off, how would you handle it?

A) be understandably mad, argue your case then leave peaceably swearing to never fly with them again. Write letters of complaint, blog about it and tell everyone you know.
B) lay on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit at WalMart because MeeMaw won't by you gummy bears

Have some self respect dude.
He wasn't laying on the floor by choice. He was knocked the *^%# out.
wtx223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #179
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Believe me when i say, i suspect if they had alternate options...they would have exercised them..last thing they want is to pull folks off a plane...for many reasons...PR being the least of them

Sure there are consequences...this was just the least painful one..PR issue or not...it's a game of chess...not checkers

This isn't bad...wait till they put a dead head pilot in an empty 1st class seat as opposed to the next guy on the upgrade list who does have status that's when feathers are ruffled...

After you do it long enough...you don't really care where you sit...you just want to get from A to B as quickly as possible

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 10:46 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #180
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

If I said I didn't chuckle when I saw them dragging him away,glasses a mess and belly hanging out....I'd be lying. Looked like something out of a movie.

I know it's actually a serious conversation everyone is having about the incident. But being serious just isn't my thing most of the time.

Last edited by okrattler; 04-10-2017 at 10:42 PM..
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #181
Coon
Ten Point
 
Coon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Hunt In: SHNF
Default

So, is United at fault for the guy being dragged off, or the police officers? United just asked the officers to remove him, I doubt they told them to drag him down the aisle.
Coon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #182
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

If you do not comply with our carriage contract we reserve the right to have government security officers brutally force you into submission.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #183
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon View Post
So, is United at fault for the guy being dragged off, or the police officers? United just asked the officers to remove him, I doubt they told them to drag him down the aisle.
Good point.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #184
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Last three times I have flown there has not been one singal open seat. Usually, I have heard a message prior to boarding that the flight is over booked (too many tickets were sold) and that vouchers are being offered for any volunteers. I guess it has worked out because I have not seen anyone get dragged out.

Let's for an instance say you are the Leo that's called onto the plane and told that passenger in seat 34 A can not be accommodated on this flight but refuses to de-board. You are the leo, what do you do???
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #185
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon View Post
So, is United at fault for the guy being dragged off, or the police officers? United just asked the officers to remove him, I doubt they told them to drag him down the aisle.


How about its the guys fault for being drug off? Not United or the LEO's fault.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:02 PM   #186
SKLOSS
Pope & Young
 
SKLOSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Anderson County
Hunt In: Anderson & Coleman Counties
Default

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I had a horrible experience the one and only time I flew Spirit and will never fly them again, but I can only do that because there are other airlines to choose from. They're a necessary evil. 99% of the time no one cares that they are entering a contract that they didn't negotiate when they buy a ticket because nothing goes wrong. I just can't see any right in removing the passenger in the manner he was removed. Seems like they should have kept increasing their voucher offer til they found a taker. It most certainly would have been cheaper than the backlash they are facing.


Oh look a fajita!!
SKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #187
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

You do your job as quickly & efficiently as possible...once you attempt to break the contract of carriage...most will "refuse to transport" (i've seen this happen to a mother with a kid having bare feet)...once that happens it's essentially the same as refusing to leave a place of business when asked
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #188
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
You just might wanna know a fella before calling him
A liar...& yes i have read every contract of carriage of every airline i've flown...out of necessity, not b/c I didn't have anything better to do...lol

& yes...fact of matter is some customers are worth more than others....hence the whole reason a contract of carriage is in place ...to resolve such disputes before they occur

I don't know your line of work...but i know mine...if i have 2 clients in need of a specific resource (& i only have 1 guy who can do the work).one does $1M worth of business with me & another does $50k annually...i am going to staff the $1M client with the resource & offer the $50k client compensation...why...b/c one client is "better" than the other in terms of revenue
Aaaaaaaand, we circle back to your missing the point. I'll lay it out for you. YOU DON'T TREAT PEOPLE THAT WAY. If you do (it sounds like you do), that's your deal but you and I wouldn't trade for long. I know your business mindset well and I have wholly culled those relationships. If you have time to sit and read reams of contractual language for each plane ticket you buy and for everything else we do day to day (i.e. cell phones, cable TV, etc.), you have WAY more time than I. Everything in my world is not defined by making or losing another dime. Humanity plays a role as well as respecting customers. Just like I had to explain to my supplier once, I am not the largest volume client but I am a client. It is easier to lose clients than it is to gain them. If 20 small clients get tired of the poor treatment and leave, your business will suffer inordinately. They saw it my way but I grasp that you don't. Your prerogative.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #189
Livin'2hunt
Eight Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Last three times I have flown there has not been one singal open seat. Usually, I have heard a message prior to boarding that the flight is over booked (too many tickets were sold) and that vouchers are being offered for any volunteers. I guess it has worked out because I have not seen anyone get dragged out.

Let's for an instance say you are the Leo that's called onto the plane and told that passenger in seat 34 A can not be accommodated on this flight but refuses to de-board. You are the leo, what do you do???
I don't blame the LE guys. They were put in a bad spot and they were doing their job. If I were them and found out what spawned the incident, I would have been upset.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #190
MassMan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Fisher, Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
I can only speak for myself...but i argue it only b/c it's a contract he entered into when he bought the ticket. No different than breaking a law & subsequently claiming ignorance of that law as an excuse... if he wasn't aware of it..he should have been, while I understand most average travelers may not even know it exists, that's no excuse for throwing a tantrum when it's enforced
This was not an oversold flight so the CoC makes no difference. The flight was full, but not oversold. Hard for me to believe the 4 crew members checked-in within the alotted time. That said, the guy acted like a child and had he acted like a man we wouldn't be having this discussion.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:12 PM   #191
Bigyummy77
Ten Point
 
Bigyummy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Public Land, Hill country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRan View Post
& what abt the 5 guys that finish work early & hop on standby for earlier flight, the guy who had a flat tire & missed the flight, the 10 folks affect by weather delays...if you owned the airline...you would just take less margin on every flight i guess when you Know these things happen...lol
I guess when you're a big timmer, as you already stated, you don't need to worry about anything like this happening to you. You sure are boastful. Just because someone spends less does not make them less of a human. You can keep saying things like "Guess he wasn't in 1st class, lol".., and whatever else makes you feel you should be treated so much better. But, there are much more hard working people, not saying you don't work hard, that cannot afford 1st class, or 1 million miles on this or that airline. Does that mean they are less meaningful? Maybe I missed something between the 1st and last page I read, maybe not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bigyummy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #192
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

We agree, i think, that you treat folks the way they should be treated...this guy owned what he got...he could have done many things diff...including being arrogant & throwing a tantrum b/c he was uneducated abt an industry standard practice...some customers you just don't need...the result would have been the same on ______airline if he conducted himself in the same manner

& no...it's not reams & really doesn't change off or differ between airlines much...like i said...industry standard
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:15 PM   #193
bigbad243
Ten Point
 
bigbad243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Comal County & Kendall County x2
Default

United and/or the police will pay a big settlement for being dumbasses, plain and simple.
bigbad243 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #194
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
I guess when you're a big timmer, as you already stated, you don't need to worry about anything like this happening to you. You sure are boastful. Just because someone spends less does not make them less of a human. You can keep saying things like "Guess he wasn't in 1st class, lol".., and whatever else makes you feel you should be treated so much better. But, there are much more hard working people, not saying you don't work hard, that cannot afford 1st class, or 1 million miles on this or that airline. Does that mean they are less meaningful? Maybe I missed something between the 1st and last page I read, maybe not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Every passenger pays their dues...i'm no different...i paid mine.. in 20yrs of travel, i can count on both hands how many times i have paid for a 1st class seating... doesn't matter if someone flies 1x or 1000x per yr... doesn't make anyone less human...it also doesnt exempt grown *** adults from responsibility of their actions & what they commit to...the fact he may have been uneducated abt a contract he committed to IS NOT United's problem...it's his

Fact is if human nature wasn't what human nature is & mature adults could be mature adults half of the language could be omitted...this is true well beyond airline language btw

But if you think long term clients loyal to you, that pay on time, are not inportant to business & should receive perks...why don't all folks work for min wage & 3 days of PTO? Why reward loyal employees with more benefits, pay, time off...why not just treat everyone the same??

The rational is the same for clients...you reward the good, disgard the bad

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 11:29 PM..
RodinaRanč is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #195
Bigyummy77
Ten Point
 
Bigyummy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Public Land, Hill country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
You and United continue to miss the point. Simply not the right thing to do.
Plenty of other options. Plenty of ways to get the extra employees where they needed to be. You may know contracts, but seem to lack understanding of the consequences when enforced to the letter. Sometimes, judgment is called for.
This, just like the 2 daughters, on standby/voucher seats. The father was allowed but the two CHILDREN were not. Step out of the black and white, cut and dry and look at understanding the situation. United needed the employees there by Monday... book a hotel, take another flight. Plain and simple. Customers should come 1st.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bigyummy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #196
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
If I said I didn't chuckle when I saw them dragging him away,glasses a mess and belly hanging out....I'd be lying. Looked like something out of a movie.

I know it's actually a serious conversation everyone is having about the incident. But being serious just isn't my thing most of the time.


I bet you do a lot of flying. Or traveling for that matter.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #197
wtb90
Ten Point
 
wtb90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Somerville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgridley View Post
C) Being arrested, tazed or shot for taking out the guy that put his hands on me trying to drag me out of my seat.
Bingo! I want to know how they selected the 4 that were selected to exit the plane. Kind of ironic that they didn't try to drag a 6'5 250# fella out of his seat.
wtb90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #198
Bigyummy77
Ten Point
 
Bigyummy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Public Land, Hill country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRan View Post
Every passenger pays their dues...i'm no different...i paid mine.. in 20yrs of travel, i can count on both hands how many times i have paid for a 1st class seating... doesn't matter if someone flies 1x or 1000x per yr... doesn't make anyone less human...it also doesnt exempt grown *** adults from responsibility of their actions & what they commit to...the fact he may have been uneducated abt a contract he committed to IS NOT United's problem...it's his
I beg to differ, there was no reasonable reason to bloody a grown *** man who paid for his seat, you do what you can to accommodate the consumer, and file your employees in as you can. If your employees are not where you need them, you should have scheduled better, not forcefully evict a paid customer. Period.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bigyummy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #199
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtb90 View Post
Bingo! I want to know how they selected the 4 that were selected to exit the plane. Kind of ironic that they didn't try to drag a 6'5 250# fella out of his seat.
Kind of ironic they didn't have to drag the other 3 people off too..
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #200
wtb90
Ten Point
 
wtb90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Somerville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Kind of ironic they didn't have to drag the other 3 people off too..
Simple. A lot of people don't have back bones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
wtb90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com