Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 04-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
boblee
Six Point

Default A distraction?

From all that's going on in the Middle East? Lord knows that I could use one, perhaps a few of you guys and girls could too.

I'll introduce the topic of consensual crimes in our free country. Between adults . I cannot apply enough emphasis; between adults.

I doubt that it will get out of the hangar, much less airborne before the thread gets whacked. But we'll see.

When I say "consensual crimes", I'm speaking specifically of:
1 Drugs.
2. Gambling.
3. Prostitution.

My stance is: Decriminalize, regulate and tax. My position will not change, I will not argue, defend, nor explain my said position on the matters. I won't respond to tacky insults. You can't change my mind and I won't attempt to change yours.

I'm just gonna quote an old blues singer named Billie Holiday. "I never hurt nobody but myself and that's nobody's business but my own".

In conjunction with tossing out the topic(s); I will recommend a book that goes into depth on the matters: "Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do", written by Peter McWilliams, published in 1996. McWilliams said "This year we will spend $50 billion dollars and sacrifice $150 billion in tax revenue to arrest 4 to 6 million citizens for consensual crimes". And that was in 1996. The quotes alone, contained on every page of the book, make it well worth the price of purchase.

Bob Lee
boblee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

The vice squad won't have a job without those categories. .....lol.
I don't really care about any of those categories as I don't participate in any of them. If adults want to play in those have at it.......we definitely need the revenue!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Albany

Drugs impact far more than the user.
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

I don't care what other people do on their time.
as far as drugs go I don't think they will ever win the 'war on drugs' as long as the appetite exist for them in the USA.
i'm all for building a big beautiful wall with a big beautiful door in it, and it may stop some drugs from the southern border, but they will just come from another source, imo
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

I clicked on the thread and then realized this is gonna require much deeper thought than I'm willing to give on a Friday night. Good luck gents.
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
I clicked on the thread and then realized this is gonna require much deeper thought than I'm willing to give on a Friday night. Good luck gents.
well at least we know how you got your screen name.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #7
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oakwood

This discussion can get huge, so I'm going to state my opinion very briefly.

If all emergency services, hospital, doctors, medicine. therapies, disability, workers compensation and unemployment insurance, that are provided by the local, state and federal government are refused to people doing elicit drugs and alcohol or these people are forced to pay for these services up front before receiving service then I would be all for these drugs all being made legal.

This is what no one ever seems to think about. We all pay for all of these peoples stupid irresponsible actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cajun shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #8
texasnavy05
Eight Point

Hunt In: Snook, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun shooter View Post

If all emergency services, hospital, doctors, medicine. therapies, disability, workers compensation and unemployment insurance, that are provided by the local, state and federal government are refused to people doing elicit drugs and alcohol or these people are forced to pay for these services up front before receiving service then I would be all for these drugs all being made legal.

This is what no one ever seems to think about. We all pay for all of these peoples stupid irresponsible actions.

ive got the same issue. i dont care if you wanna use. but, i dont want my tax dollars to pay for potential consequences of your usage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #9
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Im good with that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #10
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Im good with that idea.

X-2 , do what you want as long as you can pay for the consequences.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

I don't partake in any of that but not sure why prostitution is illegal. Gambling as well, for the most part. I don't know what to do about illegal drugs. I do believe the war on drugs is a losing battle using the tactics we've been using. I guess the government could say "we've poisoned the heroin, crack and meth. If you use it then you'll probably die" and then puts out tainted dope that kills off the current junkies. Then what about the next group of junkies? And all the new drugs that people will create?
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #12
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
ive got the same issue. i dont care if you wanna use. but, i dont want my tax dollars to pay for potential consequences of your usage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thing is...there is no way to stop it from effecting those tax dollars. Why should everyone have to pay for the consequences of the individual vice?

Moral decline...it effects us all in many ways
Death from Above is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #13
boblee
Six Point

Our tax dollars have been at work for many, many years. To arrest, prosecute and to incarcerate.

Not only for drug offenses - though certainly, drug offenses are by far the largest slice of the pie - but for all three that I named.

To the tune of approximately 50 billion dollars per year. And another 150 billion dollars in lost tax revenue (in the year 1996). If McWilliams figures are true. And I have no documentation to prove or to disprove those estimates. ???

Again, I'm not arguing for my point of view, nor am I arguing against differing perspectives. Simply an objective (as opposed to a subjective) observation regarding the tax aspect. One way or the other, everyone that pays taxes still pays. ???

Bob Lee

Last edited by boblee; 04-08-2017 at 11:27 AM..
boblee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #14
Death from Above
Pope & Young

My belief is that the welfare state of the USA would double at the least.

With freedom comes responsibility and my personal experience with the vices listed above is that it is few and far in between those that can participate and continue to contribute positively to society.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #15
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
My belief is that the welfare state of the USA would double at the least.

With freedom comes responsibility and my personal experience with the vices listed above is that it is few and far in between those that can participate and continue to contribute positively to society.
I completely agree with you. If we as a society and with the aid of government continue to condone destructive and irresponsible behavior, we won't have to worry about a foreign power destroying us.
Bill M is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #16
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Legalized sex trafficking. .....allsome idea!
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #17
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

NOPE. We do not need to give irresponsible adults another reason to go broke.. We have enough broke, jelly headed, lazy, non working, able bodied adults sucking off of our government entitlement programs as it is. There is a reason these are illegal. If the tax revenues generated out weighed the bad caused by these they would have been legalized many years ago.. It's always about the money.. Always.

But with that being said as the moral fiber of this country continues to degrade I do believe this is the direction this country is heading..
For the last few years I've been on the fence about pot but I'm just not sure.. I have a few friends that use it to control chorionic pain when nothing else ever helped.. Then I watch and old Cheech and Chong movie and think "ehh maybe not".....

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 04-08-2017 at 01:29 PM..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #18
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Abolishing welfare for the abled bodied will have to be included for the other 3 to work.

J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2017, 11:45 PM   #19
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
From all that's going on in the Middle East? Lord knows that I could use one, perhaps a few of you guys and girls could too.

I'll introduce the topic of consensual crimes in our free country. Between adults . I cannot apply enough emphasis; between adults.

I doubt that it will get out of the hangar, much less airborne before the thread gets whacked. But we'll see.

When I say "consensual crimes", I'm speaking specifically of:

1 Drugs.

2. Gambling.

3. Prostitution.

My stance is: Decriminalize, regulate and tax. My position will not change, I will not argue, defend, nor explain my said position on the matters. I won't respond to tacky insults. You can't change my mind and I won't attempt to change yours.

I'm just gonna quote an old blues singer named Billie Holiday. "I never hurt nobody but myself and that's nobody's business but my own".

In conjunction with tossing out the topic(s); I will recommend a book that goes into depth on the matters: "Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do", written by Peter McWilliams, published in 1996. McWilliams said "This year we will spend $50 billion dollars and sacrifice $150 billion in tax revenue to arrest 4 to 6 million citizens for consensual crimes". And that was in 1996. The quotes alone, contained on every page of the book, make it well worth the price of purchase.

Bob Lee

Man I think your on to something genius but I quite can't put my finger on it.....

Quote:

Here is my finger....I just put it somewhere
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #20
SBXT
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlelackranch View Post
Man I think your on to something genius but I quite can't put my finger on it.....

Here is my finger....I just put it somewhere

Lol
SBXT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #21
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

This country has spent in the neighborhood of 4-8 TRILLION on the war On poverty. We still have poverty. Why do we have poverty after all this money? My guess
Consensual drugs
And being paid to sit home is as addictive as consensual drugs.
We end this war on poverty cold turkey and im sure in a matter of months we will fill the cemeteries with those who choose to starve to death and those who choose to commit crimes instead of find a job. We can then end the war on drugs and employment will be near 100%
Gov. Touches it......they ruin it
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #22
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

The war on drugs could be won and it could happen within a few years. It would get really ugly and the death penalty would need to be readily applicable for smugglers, dealers and any users that commit crimes while under the influence of said drugs. The majority "snowflake" society does not have the stomach for this to occur.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #23
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
I completely agree with you. If we as a society and with the aid of government continue to condone destructive and irresponsible behavior, we won't have to worry about a foreign power destroying us.
and

Plus, if making those things illegal is wrong, why tax them? If your stance is freedom just say you should be free to do those things. Don't throw in the tax revenue BS to try to get people to agree.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #24
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land
Default The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace

This thread reminded me of a book I read back in the 1980's written by James Mills.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/06/16/bo...es-484086.html

"An award-winning journalist's shocking expose of the international drug smuggling trade. The Underground Empire is the result of Life reporter James Mills's behind-the-scenes investigation which spanned five years and traversed four continents. With recent media attention propelling the narcotics issue into the nation's headlines, Mills dramatically addresses this issue with stunning depth to explain why we're losing the most important war of our time."

"In the final pages, Mr. Mills suggests that the ultimate Centac (or mission to break up a drug conspiracy) would be against official Washington, which, despite its showy wars on drugs, seems unwilling to desist from accepting secrets affecting national security in return for the sanctioning of drug traffic. Ultimately Mr. Mills suggests that the international narcotics trade is creating a flow of ''cocadollars'' far more threatening to economic stability than petrodollars or the Federal deficit."

His conclusions at the end of the book were that the U.S. Gov't was a co-conspirator in the illegal drug industry. They could shut it down but it would disrupt the world economy.

It's a great read if you can find a copy.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #25
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rusk County

I'm good with most of it.....I'm okay with the legalization of some drugs, if it grows from the ground and you don't need to perform a science project to get it where it needs to be before being sold then I am okay with legalization. I mean alcohol kills more people a year than illegal drugs..
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #26
LWC
Ten Point

I'm ok with the legalization of all three provided we are talking about consenting adults. They have all been around for thousands of years and will all be around a thousand years from now. All the government is doing is spinning its wheels and wasting tax payers' money. Same as it did with alcohol. For what? So all the do gooders can sleep better at night? I'd rather the government focus on things like entitlement reform. If folks want to do these things, let's make darn sure they are using their own money and not a government hand out. That way they would at least have to keep a job and be a somewhat "productive" member of society if they want to partake in those behaviors. That in itself will probably cut back on said behaviors.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #27
mchildress
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk

Cool that would be a dream come true a welfare, lone star card carrying, crack head, aids ridden prostitute, with five kids at home, walking up and down the sidewalk in front of my house. While my kids played in the front yard with her pimp parked in my driveway with his mobile drug store. Wouldn't that be cool.
mchildress is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #28
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I'm ok with the legalization of all three provided we are talking about consenting adults. They have all been around for thousands of years and will all be around a thousand years from now. All the government is doing is spinning its wheels and wasting tax payers' money. Same as it did with alcohol. For what? So all the do gooders can sleep better at night? I'd rather the government focus on things like entitlement reform. If folks want to do these things, let's make darn sure they are using their own money and not a government hand out. That way they would at least have to keep a job and be a somewhat "productive" member of society if they want to partake in those behaviors. That in itself will probably cut back on said behaviors.
Lets fix the welfare state we're in and then I'll agree to this. But since you know that has zero chance of happening I'm sticking with keeping those things illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchildress View Post
Cool that would be a dream come true a welfare, lone star card carrying, crack head, aids ridden prostitute, with five kids at home, walking up and down the sidewalk in front of my house. While my kids played in the front yard with her pimp parked in my driveway with his mobile drug store. Wouldn't that be cool.
LOL Nice picture. But don't worry the druggies will be here soon telling you that anyone who desires a whore already gets one...Anyone who desires drugs already gets the drugs so nothing will change Then ask why they fight so hard then if it changes nothing? LOL
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #29
TxHunter06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brazos county

Quote:
I usually stay out of these conversations, but wth. What you stated is already happening. The point of making it legal, you would most likely, make it to where you don't see that anymore. Every heard of a strip club? If prostitution was made legal, why would they walk the streets, hoping to get paid, when they could work at a gentleman's type club, and have their bread and butter? Same could be said about drugs. Why would someone risk getting some bad drugs off the street, when they could go to a store and purchase something that isn't poisoned, laced, wrong dose, etc? Alcohol is just as big of a problem as drugs, yet it's legal. I don't see the problem. If people wanna use drugs, get hooker's, etc.. they're going to do it wether it's legal or not. Might as well tax it and get something from it, rather than waste money trying to stop it.
TxHunter06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #30
mchildress
Ten Point

I really dont believe you will find a $20 BJ in a gentleman's club. Also I don't believe they would hire the aids ridden crack or heroin addict prostitute. So again she would be walking up and down the sidewalk in front of your house to do her deed. Just think about it she would become a fixture in your neighborhood its legal and your kids would know her by her street name. That would be so cool.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #31
TxHunter06
Ten Point

Quote:
I really dont believe you will find a $20 BJ in a gentleman's club. Also I don't believe they would hire the aids ridden crack or heroin addict prostitute. So again she would be walking up and down the sidewalk in front of your house to do her deed. Just think about it she would become a fixture in your neighborhood its legal and your kids would know her by her street name. That would be so cool.
What makes you think that's not already happening in the club's? Your right, nobody would hire the aids ridden crack head. Hence more reason to go to the club. I don't live in the city, never plan to, so I don't have the neighborhood issue your speak of. Nobody said legalizing it, would be perfect. But I think, that it sure would cut it down by a big percent, to almost non existent. Again jmo
Old 04-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #32
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Anyone that thinks prostitution should be legal is on a whole nother level of ridiculous.

Anyone that would participate is a sick puppy.

The things that sex trafficking does and is....wow just wow.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #33
LWC
Ten Point

I thought we were talking about consenting adults. We aren't discussing illegal trafficking.

Ever seen Lonesome Dove? I never thought of ole Gus as a sick puppy. "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough."

Not saying it is right, but all men trade some currency for their female companionship. For some it is doing dishes or taking out the trash. For others it may be a cash transaction. Ain't none of it given out for free
Old 04-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #34
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Anyone that thinks prostitution should be legal is on a whole nother level of ridiculous.

Anyone that would participate is a sick puppy.

The things that sex trafficking does and is....wow just wow.
Yes sir
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #35
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

LOL.........we still cant have simple thought-provoking civil discussions (wrong or right) on ANY subject on TBH.
America surely isn't the Netherlands by any means (drugs & prostitution) but don't fool yourselves and say the model does not exist for a small population. It surely is not a perfect model over there but our current system of tax, spend and lock them up sure ain't working...........doubt anyone wants to argue that clear fact that the so-called WAR ON DRUGS is a farce.
So......... how about a simple civil discussion of what MAY be next in this failing battle against "sex, drugs and rock & roll".......oops gambling!
Old 04-10-2017, 01:13 PM   #36
TxHunter06
Ten Point

Quote:
I thought we were talking about consenting adults. We aren't discussing illegal trafficking.

Ever seen Lonesome Dove? I never thought of ole Gus as a sick puppy. "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough."

Not saying it is right, but all men trade some currency for their female companionship. For some it is doing dishes or taking out the trash. For others it may be a cash transaction. Ain't none of it given out for free
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 04-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #37
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Making it legal does not make it right.

Many of you are living in places were all of your information is 3rd 4th hand at best.

Why dont you leave those high rises and get out from behind your protective circles...find out about the real people that are dealing with addiction and these other vices.

To think that a woman would really want to take your money and allow you to participate and be happy...some of you are really sad souls. You have no idea...then comapre it to TV show or make slight of others thoughts on the subject.

I feel sorry for anyones wife (present or future) that thinks prostitution is ok..it really speaks to their value of her (currently or in the future)

Wow...just wow
Old 04-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #38
TxHunter06
Ten Point

[quote=Death from above

To think that a woman would really want to take your money and allow you to participate and be happy...some of you are really sad souls. You have no idea...[/QUOTE]

Ummm..... Happens everyday. Every heard of ****ography?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #39
Landrover
Pope & Young

Sidebar: Poverty, Welfare funding and the Poor have been mentioned as places we have spent gobs of taxpayers money..........I surely agree and those areas of HOW we fund those programs should be reviewed and audited much more closely. But in no way do I put those "truly less fortunate" into the category of those that chose to function in drugs, prostitution and gambling. False equivalent at best and disingenuous at worse to compare the two.
Mark 14:7
7*The poor you will always have with you,[a] and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #40
2B4Him
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton & Young Counties

It is always dangerous to start using the pros and cons of money/taxes to justify positions on morality.
For example, it costs us taxpayers many times more to execute a deserving criminal than it does to incarcerate him for the remainder of his life. Yet most folks on TBH would overwhelmingly support the death penalty.
Similarly, it costs society a lot more money to care for and educate an 'unwanted child'. Abortion costs so much less. So, shouldn't abortion be legal to save us lots of money?
Those 'consensual crimes' are moral issues that impact society as a whole, not just the perpetrators. Pretending to not to affected because you don't partake in them is naive at best.
2B4Him is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #41
mchildress
Ten Point

Quote:

He would probably get sick today with what I see standing on the street corners. Would be interesting I know some it doesnt bother but a large number of them are dudes and look pretty good. I can only imagine the look on Old Gus's face when he grabs a package bigger than his. Would'nt that be cool.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #42
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2B4Him View Post
It is always dangerous to start using the pros and cons of money/taxes to justify positions on morality.
For example, it costs us taxpayers many times more to execute a deserving criminal than it does to incarcerate him for the remainder of his life. Yet most folks on TBH would overwhelmingly support the death penalty.
Similarly, it costs society a lot more money to care for and educate an 'unwanted child'. Abortion costs so much less. So, shouldn't abortion be legal to save us lots of money?
Those 'consensual crimes' are moral issues that impact society as a whole, not just the perpetrators. Pretending to not to affected because you don't partake in them is naive at best.
I have seen morals used in this thread a few times. Heck, alcohol consumption is immoral.....(yea, even beer)......or at least it was at the turn of the 20th Century.......lol! That is where the true issue lies. Legislating morality is a loosing proposition at best but I am all for the folks that want to go down that road.......just saying!
Old 04-10-2017, 02:07 PM   #43
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:

If you think most of those ladies are "working" because that's what they want to do, you are sadly mistaken. Most of them are forced into prostitution by the dealer because they owe him. He is either pimping her pair directly or has farmed her out to a pimp and the dealer gets a % of the revenue. The problem is the debt never gets paid, the more she engages is shameful behavior the more she uses drugs to numb the pain, the more she is in debt... and cycle continues

Just because she is "of age" and climbed in your car doesent mean she is there consensually. Maybe in the most technical sense of the word.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #44
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
He would probably get sick today with what I see standing on the street corners. Would be interesting I know some it doesnt bother but a large number of them are dudes and look pretty good. I can only imagine the look on Old Gus's face when he grabs a package bigger than his. Would'nt that be cool.
TMI brother. Let's not go off on some weird tangent

Now Ms. Lorie, she is a different story. Might make a man question his morals
Old 04-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #45
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
If you think most of those ladies are "working" because that's what they want to do, you are sadly mistaken. Most of them are forced into prostitution by the dealer because they owe him. He is either pimping her pair directly or has farmed her out to a pimp and the dealer gets a % of the revenue. The problem is the debt never gets paid, the more she engages is shameful behavior the more she uses drugs to numb the pain, the more she is in debt... and cycle continues

Just because she is "of age" and climbed in your car doesent mean she is there consensually. Maybe in the most technical sense of the word.
Ever seen the show with the Bunny Ranch in NV where it is legal? They go there voluntarily, have to pass drug tests, and pass health tests. Making it legal might be better for all involved. Make it all legal and you take the drug dealer and the pimp out of the equation. I don't partake in either one, but I agree with LR that legislating morality is a losing proposition.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #46
TxHunter06
Ten Point

Quote:
Ever seen the show with the Bunny Ranch in NV where it is legal? They go there voluntarily, have to pass drug tests, and pass health tests. Making it legal might be better for all involved. Make it all legal and you take the drug dealer and the pimp out of the equation. I don't partake in either one, but I agree with LR that legislating morality is a losing proposition.
X2
Old 04-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #47
Death from Above
Pope & Young

So yall are ok with your wives and daughters puring a career in prostitution?
Old 04-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #48
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
I'm not. Same as I'm not ok with them being a stripper, druggy, or addicted to gambling. Hopefully I have been a good enough parent/husband to teach my family to make good decisions that will help them lead healthy, happy, productive lives.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #49
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
And the only reason they aren't is because it's illegal?
Talk about a stretch.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #50
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
And the only reason they aren't is because it's illegal?
Talk about a stretch.
Show your math here.