Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 05-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #4401
bowhuntingnewbie
Four Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

* * * * URGENT * * * *

For all people hunting Lake Georgetown this coming season. Applications are out and you can apply. What I am about to state I only found out after I had submitted a "group" application, then recanted it.

There is a new application rule this year!

If a group application is submitted the group is given only 1 number, each person on the application doesn't get a number. Meaning 3 people have 1 chance of getting drawn!

If you submitted a group application you have a 33% chance of getting drawn out of your application and that doesn't take into count the other 150+ applications that most likely will be submitted.

Wanted everyone to know your odds are better if you submit individually!
bowhuntingnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #4402
justintyme8303
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking for lease. HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntingnewbie View Post
* * * * URGENT * * * *

For all people hunting Lake Georgetown this coming season. Applications are out and you can apply. What I am about to state I only found out after I had submitted a "group" application, then recanted it.

There is a new application rule this year!

If a group application is submitted the group is given only 1 number, each person on the application doesn't get a number. Meaning 3 people have 1 chance of getting drawn!

If you submitted a group application you have a 33% chance of getting drawn out of your application and that doesn't take into count the other 150+ applications that most likely will be submitted.

Wanted everyone to know your odds are better if you submit individually!
Nothing new they did the same two years ago then went back. Brad said it was to be more fair so they can get new hunters vs same guy every year.
justintyme8303 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #4403
bowhuntingnewbie
Four Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintyme8303 View Post
Nothing new they did the same two years ago then went back. Brad said it was to be more fair so they can get new hunters vs same guy every year.
I agree, just wanted to pass along the change in a person ability on getting drawn this year if they apply as a group. Your chances are not good in fact.
bowhuntingnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #4404
justintyme8303
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking for lease. HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntingnewbie View Post
I agree, just wanted to pass along the change in a person ability on getting drawn this year if they apply as a group. Your chances are not good in fact.
Your chances are the same as you applying solo 1 number is 1 number the only choice is do you want to hunt with your buddies or not.

When the team of 4 with 4 number yes your odds were better. Thats why they changed it again to be more fair to the single hunters. They should stop the groups all together and do single app only IMO.
justintyme8303 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top