Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #101
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
You three might want to start up a trump koolaid bidness. I'm sure it would be a money maker. If y'all just took a sip every time you fantasize about the great one....it would be too big to fail
Yuuuuuge fail! Go back and read my post pre Trump. I'm no Trumpkin, but the constant bashing of Trump is childish and divisive. Gather the facts and make a decision, or STFU. There are even democrats jumping ship due to the hypocritical witch hunt.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #102
batmaninja
Six Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Not speaking of anyone in this thread, but this is the entire basis of the #resist movement; its desperately latching on to every fabricated controversy regardless of its merit, to undermine POTUS.



Repubs did their best to do the same thing to Obama, but they didn't have the lib controlled media at their back - so it's hard to get too angry about it. I'm just surprised anyone still believes the MSM. If the past election cycle didn't prove that there is blatantly obvious media collusion then you're just dumb or willfully ignorant. Luckly (most of) the folks here seem to be aware of that fact.


Pretty spot on.

No matter what letter comes behind their name, I think 98% of them are self serving crooks. They are in self purification mode, and will send the voters down the river to save the self. Shoot they would send the country down the river if it meant they got to keep a raft for themselves.

All the media nonsense just confirms it all. The swap is infested. An outsider was the only choice, and no not the first women.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #103
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Well if they both used the same FAKE method, then it would still be down. In fact, that would be the most accurate method for measurable change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Someone get this guy a padded room!

I sure enjoyed standing at attention before my boys baseball games this past Spring listening to the Star Spangled Banner with pride restored in my soul. Every time after it played I would turn around in the stands and yell, "It sure feels good to feel like an American again," and in unison the crowd would yell out a big "Hell Yea!!!". Go Trump!!


Why would you KNOWINGLY continue using a FAKE and LIEING method of calculating something?
Why not just do what is RIGHT even if it doesn't paint you in the most favorable light?
Simply explain that the way it was being calculated before was WRONG and DIRTY
but you decided to "drain the swamp" and start doing things the RIGHT way so the numbers aren't as attractive as they were before because you're not cooking the books like the folks did for 8 years straight (wait, did Obama use the same calculating method that GWB used for 8 years before him???)


Who can get us this info?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #104
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Edit....Round n round we go.

Last edited by Johnny; 05-18-2017 at 05:55 PM..
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #105
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 06:24 PM   #106
batmaninja
Six Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Why not just do what is RIGHT even if it doesn't paint you in the most favorable light?
Ugh, see Comey firing

Come on man, if Trump did exactly what you state you want him here. You would be spinning it a different way.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #107
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Yuuuuuge fail! Go back and read my post pre Trump. I'm no Trumpkin, but the constant bashing of Trump is childish and divisive. Gather the facts and make a decision, or STFU. There are even democrats jumping ship due to the hypocritical witch hunt.
You may not have been a Trumpkin at first. But you made up for a late start.

I don't think he does everything wrong. I love the gorsuch pick. But I hate all the bumbling and half coherent tweets. Haven't heard you or any of the other loyal followers question any of this wacky behavior. I do. Sorry. I question both sides because most of them have their own interests ahead of the country.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #108
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
You may not have been a Trumpkin at first. But you made up for a late start.

I don't think he does everything wrong. I love the gorsuch pick. But I hate all the bumbling and half coherent tweets. Haven't heard you or any of the other loyal followers question any of this wacky behavior. I do. Sorry. I question both sides because most of them have their own interests ahead of the country.
If you hate his tweets then don't follow him on Twitter maybe?lol Pretty simple really. I think you are just digging for stuff to ***** about. No offense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #109
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If you hate his tweets then don't follow him on Twitter maybe?lol Pretty simple really. I think you are just digging for stuff to ***** about. No offense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
None taken. You may be right. But he makes it where I don't have to dig very far. He leaves lots of surface finds
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #110
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Anyone want to place a wager that even if Trump paid for and built this wall we would still have these same guys on here bashing Trump?

Come on, it's a safe bet I promise
I'll bet the ranch..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #111
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
What makes you think he's not serious about the wall? Because they didnt build a 2,000 mile long border wall in 100 days? They've been taking bids for the last 2 months for wall proposals. If the wall budget isn't approved in September I might get concerned, but pegging the border wall as some sort of failed policy after Trump has been in office for less than 5 months is a joke.
Try as you might, to explain, some will never get it HH.
The hate runs deep. Bone marrow deep.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 12:27 AM   #112
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
You may not have been a Trumpkin at first. But you made up for a late start.

I don't think he does everything wrong. I love the gorsuch pick. But I hate all the bumbling and half coherent tweets. Haven't heard you or any of the other loyal followers question any of this wacky behavior. I do. Sorry. I question both sides because most of them have their own interests ahead of the country.
Like I said, if you've ever read any of his books, you would realize that that is Trump 101. I'll be honest. Every time I read one of his books, I disliked him even more. Why? Because this man is the type that can fall into a barrel of **** and come out smelling like a rose. That, simply, has not been my life experience. Having said that, Trump believes he can make a significant positive difference in our country. I don't have a problem with that. Do you? If my estimation of Trump holds true, he may very well pull it off. Is that not a good thing?

The true tragedy in this whole thing is, people are vehemently trying to keep our current President from doing what he feels like he can truly pull off. He had absolutely NO REASON to put himself in this position other than to do for this country what he felt needed to be done. I personally don't care for him or his bumbling tweets, but I do think he wants to make this country better than it has been in decades. Why not let him try to turn Washington upside down? Isn't that what we all wanted?
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #113
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Like I said, if you've ever read any of his books, you would realize that that is Trump 101. I'll be honest. Every time I read one of his books, I disliked him even more. Why? Because this man is the type that can fall into a barrel of **** and come out smelling like a rose. That, simply, has not been my life experience. Having said that, Trump believes he can make a significant positive difference in our country. I don't have a problem with that. Do you? If my estimation of Trump holds true, he may very well pull it off. Is that not a good thing?

The true tragedy in this whole thing is, people are vehemently trying to keep our current President from doing what he feels like he can truly pull off. He had absolutely NO REASON to put himself in this position other than to do for this country what he felt needed to be done. I personally don't care for him or his bumbling tweets, but I do think he wants to make this country better than it has been in decades. Why not let him try to turn Washington upside down? Isn't that what we all wanted?
I guess it just comes down to you believe his motives are purely patriotic and I don't. I hope he proves me wrong and he is the most patriotic American ever. But to believe him because he had no reason to put himself in this position......because he is very rich, does not cut it for me. A very high percentage of state and national politicians and virtually every president has been a wealthy person. Why do Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and Warren Buffet get up and go to work every day? Is it because they love dressing up in a suit and tie and working all day? No, it is because they all want to be the richest and the most powerful person in the world. Most of us would probably hang up our suit after we made enough millions to buy a nice South TX ranch to retire on. Not these guys. They want more and more. Not saying that is a bad thing. But it doesn't make them more patriotic than you or me.

Hopefully he can find a way to implement the part of his agenda that is good for the American people. He is going to have to find a way to work with the folks in his own party or he will get nothing accomplished. I just don't know how he expects to treat people like he does.....then expect them to help him get his agenda accomplished. I know that is a lot of why people like him, but it may not work for getting things done in Washington.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #114
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I guess it just comes down to you believe his motives are purely patriotic and I don't. I hope he proves me wrong and he is the most patriotic American ever. But to believe him because he had no reason to put himself in this position......because he is very rich, does not cut it for me. A very high percentage of state and national politicians and virtually every president has been a wealthy person. Why do Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and Warren Buffet get up and go to work every day? Is it because they love dressing up in a suit and tie and working all day? No, it is because they all want to be the richest and the most powerful person in the world. Most of us would probably hang up our suit after we made enough millions to buy a nice South TX ranch to retire on. Not these guys. They want more and more. Not saying that is a bad thing. But it doesn't make them more patriotic than you or me.

Hopefully he can find a way to implement the part of his agenda that is good for the American people. He is going to have to find a way to work with the folks in his own party or he will get nothing accomplished. I just don't know how he expects to treat people like he does.....then expect them to help him get his agenda accomplished. I know that is a lot of why people like him, but it may not work for getting things done in Washington.
Fair enough.
As far as getting things done in Washington, that needs to change. That, and Hillary, is what got him elected.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #115
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Kind of hard for him to prove you wrong LWC when you and every single democrat do nothing to support him. You do the exact opposite and bash, hoping he gets nothing done.

And IMO the constant bashing of Trump by the media is because they're scared to death if Trump can get the ball rolling the American people will back him and they lose everything from politics to money in media.


Go Trump!
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #116
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Rusk County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Why would you KNOWINGLY continue using a FAKE and LIEING method of calculating something?
Why not just do what is RIGHT even if it doesn't paint you in the most favorable light?
Simply explain that the way it was being calculated before was WRONG and DIRTY
but you decided to "drain the swamp" and start doing things the RIGHT way so the numbers aren't as attractive as they were before because you're not cooking the books like the folks did for 8 years straight (wait, did Obama use the same calculating method that GWB used for 8 years before him???)


Who can get us this info?
Anyone, what you are looking for is the U6 or the U5. The U3 is the number of workers that are actively seeking work (put an application in in the past 4 weeks. U5 is basically everyone and the U6 is basically everyone plus part timers who cant find full time jobs...here you go


http://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:26 AM   #117
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Rusk County
Default

This is scary...

http://www.macrotrends.net/1381/debt...storical-chart
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #118
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Kind of hard for him to prove you wrong LWC when you and every single democrat do nothing to support him. You do the exact opposite and bash, hoping he gets nothing done.

And IMO the constant bashing of Trump by the media is because they're scared to death if Trump can get the ball rolling the American people will back him and they lose everything from politics to money in media.


Go Trump!
I don't know. I didn't do anything to support Obama and he got plenty of his crap agenda accomplished....through a republican congress for most of his presidency.

Surely Trump can get some good things done with republican control of both the house and senate. If not, he will likely go down as one of the most incompetent presidents ever. I don't think any of us want that to happen. EO's are just bandaids and will be ripped off by the next pres. He better get to working with his party while they still have the power. Because the dems sure won't help him if they regain control.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #119
Hank Hill
Six Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Why would you KNOWINGLY continue using a FAKE and LIEING method of calculating something?
Why not just do what is RIGHT even if it doesn't paint you in the most favorable light?
Simply explain that the way it was being calculated before was WRONG and DIRTY
but you decided to "drain the swamp" and start doing things the RIGHT way so the numbers aren't as attractive as they were before because you're not cooking the books like the folks did for 8 years straight (wait, did Obama use the same calculating method that GWB used for 8 years before him???)


Who can get us this info?
Implying the President controls the means and methods of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment ratios have been inflated since their inception, it's because people who no longer look for work or have been out of the labor force for an extended period of time aren't included. I understand the rationale though, if someone doesnt have a job and isnt looking for one it's hard to classify them as a potential worker because they wouldn't work even if a job were available to them.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #120
Hank Hill
Six Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I don't know. I didn't do anything to support Obama and he got plenty of his crap agenda accomplished....through a republican congress for most of his presidency.

Surely Trump can get some good things done with republican control of both the house and senate. If not, he will likely go down as one of the most incompetent presidents ever. I don't think any of us want that to happen. EO's are just bandaids and will be ripped off by the next pres. He better get to working with his party while they still have the power. Because the dems sure won't help him if they regain control.
The man has not even been in office for 5 months and there has only been 1 budgetary review period since he's been in office - and he STILL has not had his entire cabinet approved because of dem obstructionism. It's hard to whip votes when you don't even have all of your personnel in office, and when holdovers of the previous administration are actively trying to undermine him.

The president isn't an emperor, and most of their time is essentially spent being a sales guy for their target legislation and shopping it around to congressional/senate leaders to gain support. If a president enters office and completely reshapes the country in 100 days I would contend that it would be a bad thing, our government is made to move slowly by design. Changing the law is hard, as it should be, and more than anything takes time.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #121
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
The man has not even been in office for 5 months and there has only been 1 budgetary review period since he's been in office - and he STILL has not had his entire cabinet approved because of dem obstructionism. It's hard to whip votes when you don't even have all of your personnel in office, and when holdovers of the previous administration are actively trying to undermine him.

The president isn't an emperor, and most of their time is essentially spent being a sales guy for their target legislation and shopping it around to congressional/senate leaders to gain support. If a president enters office and completely reshapes the country in 100 days I would contend that it would be a bad thing, our government is made to move slowly by design. Changing the law is hard, as it should be, and more than anything takes time.



I agree with this. Just doesn't seem like he has his party, on his team at this time. Hopefully he can turn that around.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #122
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
[/b]

I agree with this. Just doesn't seem like he has his party, on his team at this time. Hopefully he can turn that around.
His "party" didn't even want him. The people did.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #123
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
His "party" didn't even want him. The people did.
Maybe the people didn't think this all the way through. The people better hurry up and vote some new, like minded folks to work with Trump. Or Trump better figure out how to work with the folks already in Washington. Otherwise it will be a long four years.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #124
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Maybe the people didn't think this all the way through. The people better hurry up and vote some new, like minded folks to work with Trump. Or Trump better figure out how to work with the folks already in Washington. Otherwise it will be a long four years.
No doubt. I guess we could just stay with the status quo, so it would be easier to "get things done." NOT!
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #125
Hank Hill
Six Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
No doubt. I guess we could just stay with the status quo, so it would be easier to "get things done." NOT!
^^^

Elect an outsider and you should expect the establishment is going to drag its feet and kick and scream at every turn. From my perspective this is all to be expected. If the slimeballs in DC were happy then I'd think there was a problem.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #126
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
^^^



Elect an outsider and you should expect the establishment is going to drag its feet and kick and scream at every turn. From my perspective this is all to be expected. If the slimeballs in DC were happy then I'd think there was a problem.


Yup. People still don't seem to understand why he won.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:46 AM   #127
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
^^^

Elect an outsider and you should expect the establishment is going to drag its feet and kick and scream at every turn. From my perspective this is all to be expected. If the slimeballs in DC were happy then I'd think there was a problem.
YEP and that is why heads are rolling...a beautiful thing to watch. Go Trump!
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #128
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
YEP and that is why heads are rolling...a beautiful thing to watch. Go Trump!
I wish I could cast my vote for Trumps second term already.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #129
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Just watched trump and MELANIA walk to marine one. I have to say.....I may be coming around on some of his policies. They don't sound quite as bad at this very moment.

Not sure if it had anything to do with an orange skirt and a white sweater, but something has me rethinking all this mess.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #130
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Just watched trump and MELANIA walk to marine one. I have to say.....I may be coming around on some of his policies. They don't sound quite as bad at this very moment.

Not sure if it had anything to do with an orange skirt and a white sweater, but something has me rethinking all this mess.
I thought Hillary was more your type?
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #131
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I thought Hillary was more your type?
Nah, not after Bill tore that up. I've heard you don't want to follow Bill, if you know what I mean

Haven't really heard that, but he is into some weird stuff
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #132
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Nah, not after Bill tore that up. I've heard you don't want to follow Bill, if you know what I mean

Haven't really heard that, but he is into some weird stuff
Meh. Just have a cigar and enjoy.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #133
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
His "party" didn't even want him. The people did.
id be careful saying the "people " wanted him. more like, the electoral college wanted him lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 07:03 AM   #134
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Implying the President controls the means and methods of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment ratios have been inflated since their inception, it's because people who no longer look for work or have been out of the labor force for an extended period of time aren't included. I understand the rationale though, if someone doesnt have a job and isnt looking for one it's hard to classify them as a potential worker because they wouldn't work even if a job were available to them.
Can't have it both ways.
Either bash Trump for knowingly using a flawed calculation in the unemployment rate (because this is what Obama used) or give Obama that same leeway you're giving trump.

So much double and side talking.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #135
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Kind of hard for him to prove you wrong LWC when you and every single democrat do nothing to support him. You do the exact opposite and bash, hoping he gets nothing done.

And IMO the constant bashing of Trump by the media is because they're scared to death if Trump can get the ball rolling the American people will back him and they lose everything from politics to money in media.


Go Trump!
Not my President!!!

Remember that?

How can a man govern when half of the country is questioning his religion and asking him for his birth certificate?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #136
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I don't know. I didn't do anything to support Obama and he got plenty of his crap agenda accomplished....through a republican congress for most of his presidency.

Surely Trump can get some good things done with republican control of both the house and senate. If not, he will likely go down as one of the most incompetent presidents ever. I don't think any of us want that to happen. EO's are just bandaids and will be ripped off by the next pres. He better get to working with his party while they still have the power. Because the dems sure won't help him if they regain control.
Obama is a foreign born Muslim that married a cross dressing man but he was able to get some HUGE pieces of legislation passed while in office and he didn't have control of the house and Senate like Trump does.

So, if Trump can't get more done with more then what does that say about Obama's skills vs trump's skills?

The art of the deal my ash!
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #137
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

President Trump did a GREAT job on his speech in Saudi. I am far from a Saudi fan as I WILL NEVER FORGET who was the majority on those planes that went into the Twin Towers on 9/11! It was incredibly refreshing to see our President stick to the teleprompter and deliver the message coherently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I'm no Trumpkin, but the constant bashing of Trump is childish and divisive..
I agree wholeheartedly. Lets see if he can get the REAL job done. Stop playing on Twitter and let his team do their job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
No matter what letter comes behind their name, I think 98% of them are self serving crooks. They are in self purification mode, and will send the voters down the river to save the self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I don't think he does everything wrong. I love the gorsuch pick. But I hate all the bumbling and half coherent tweets. Haven't heard you or any of the other loyal followers question any of this wacky behavior. I do. Sorry. I question both sides because most of them have their own interests ahead of the country.
I agree he does not do everything wrong but I observe the proceedings in the same fashion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I guess it just comes down to you believe his motives are purely patriotic and I don't. I hope he proves me wrong and he is the most patriotic American ever. But to believe him because he had no reason to put himself in this position......because he is very rich, does not cut it for me. But it doesn't make them more patriotic than you or me.

Hopefully he can find a way to implement the part of his agenda that is good for the American people. He is going to have to find a way to work with the folks in his own party or he will get nothing accomplished. I know that is a lot of why people like him, but it may not work for getting things done in Washington.
Nothing wrong with any of that! More importantly, the American constitutional system is made to work with your party or across party lines as need be........he is going to have to choose one as the first term clock is ticking. (guess we can geaux to war in year 3 which tends to keep Presidents in office....lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Fair enough.
As far as getting things done in Washington, that needs to change. That, and Hillary, is what got him elected.
Yessir! That is exactly what got him elected.....which I agreed with. Now turn that into "actions" that can navigate the swamp until it can be drained for the good of the American people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I don't know. I didn't do anything to support Obama and he got plenty of his crap agenda accomplished....through a republican congress for most of his presidency.
Surely Trump can get some good things done with republican control of both the house and senate. If not, he will likely go down as one of the most incompetent presidents ever. I don't think any of us want that to happen. EO's are just bandaids and will be ripped off by the next pres. He better get to working with his party while they still have the power.
That's the bottom line in all of this back & forth heartburn.........deliver what was promised or else. National politics is not a game for the faint at heart! I learned that with President Papa Bush the hard way (No New Taxes), such a incredible servant to his nation and probably the last worthy candidate we have had in my opinion........TRUE STATESMAN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Maybe the people didn't think this all the way through. The people better hurry up and vote some new, like minded folks to work with Trump. Or Trump better figure out how to work with the folks already in Washington. Otherwise it will be a long four years.
Not that it was not thought out but probably not deeply familiar on how the legislative process actually works! It cant be changed by one man or tough talk......per our constitution! Like you noted, two choices..........vote different folks in quickly or start working with who is now in the hallowed halls of congress.........no other way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Just watched trump and MELANIA walk to marine one. I have to say.....I may be coming around on some of his policies. They don't sound quite as bad at this very moment.

Not sure if it had anything to do with an orange skirt and a white sweater, but something has me rethinking all this mess.
My buddy keeps sending me her nude pics every time she is on TV.......lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Can't have it both ways.
Either bash Trump for knowingly using a flawed calculation in the unemployment rate (because this is what Obama used) or give Obama that same leeway you're giving trump.

So much double and side talking.
That was noted by a panel on FOX two weeks ago or so. It is the way it is counted by all these administrations. Is what it is! All I want to see is that GNP & GDP numbers geaux thru the ceiling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
HUGE pieces of legislation passed while in office and he didn't have control of the house and Senate like Trump does.

So, if Trump can't get more done with more then what does that say about Obama's skills vs trump's skills?

The art of the deal my ash!
He definitely has the table set to WIN if he can stop himself from alienating folks that actually matter. I am all for WIN's!!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #138
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

When you run on drain the swamp, the swamp creatures both on the left and the right are out to get you.
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #139
boblee
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default

it's perfectly alright to lie to other people, I've done plenty of it in my lifetime, though I rarely do it anymore. It requires too much forethought and effort.

But people ought not to ever lie to themselves. And ya'll just keep on doing it. Trump ain't qualified to be in charge of our country. Maybe a dictatorial banana republic, but even that's iffy. He's as clueless as a tadpole that ain't yet put new feet on the ground to learn how to be a frog.

His proposed budget and proposed tax cuts eff everybody with a net worth under a hundred million or so. He's alienated and insulted every friend the USA ever had.

He has serious mental problems and he's as dirty as a used tampax with the Russia thing.

I ain't no troll, don't even suggest it. I just happen to think that I got the right to say what I think too. Ya'll did.



Bob Lee
boblee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #140
Leemo
Ten Point
 
Leemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay City, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
it's perfectly alright to lie to other people, I've done plenty of it in my lifetime, though I rarely do it anymore. It requires too much forethought and effort.

But people ought not to ever lie to themselves. And ya'll just keep on doing it. Trump ain't qualified to be in charge of our country. Maybe a dictatorial banana republic, but even that's iffy. He's as clueless as a tadpole that ain't yet put new feet on the ground to learn how to be a frog.

His proposed budget and proposed tax cuts eff everybody with a net worth under a hundred million or so. He's alienated and insulted every friend the USA ever had.

He has serious mental problems and he's as dirty as a used tampax with the Russia thing.

I ain't no troll, don't even suggest it. I just happen to think that I got the right to say what I think too. Ya'll did.



Bob Lee
Go Trump!
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #141
boy wonder
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brock
Hunt In: Iowa Park
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
it's perfectly alright to lie to other people, I've done plenty of it in my lifetime, though I rarely do it anymore. It requires too much forethought and effort.

But people ought not to ever lie to themselves. And ya'll just keep on doing it. Trump ain't qualified to be in charge of our country. Maybe a dictatorial banana republic, but even that's iffy. He's as clueless as a tadpole that ain't yet put new feet on the ground to learn how to be a frog.

His proposed budget and proposed tax cuts eff everybody with a net worth under a hundred million or so. He's alienated and insulted every friend the USA ever had.

He has serious mental problems and he's as dirty as a used tampax with the Russia thing.

I ain't no troll, don't even suggest it. I just happen to think that I got the right to say what I think too. Ya'll did.



Bob Lee
WOW, I'm sure the Investigators are anxious to see all the "evidence"' or maybe too much reefer!
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #142
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Bob Lee is still the coolest!
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #143
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
it's perfectly alright to lie to other people, I've done plenty of it in my lifetime, though I rarely do it anymore. It requires too much forethought and effort.

But people ought not to ever lie to themselves. And ya'll just keep on doing it. Trump ain't qualified to be in charge of our country. Maybe a dictatorial banana republic, but even that's iffy. He's as clueless as a tadpole that ain't yet put new feet on the ground to learn how to be a frog.

His proposed budget and proposed tax cuts eff everybody with a net worth under a hundred million or so. He's alienated and insulted every friend the USA ever had.

He has serious mental problems and he's as dirty as a used tampax with the Russia thing.

I ain't no troll, don't even suggest it. I just happen to think that I got the right to say what I think too. Ya'll did.



Bob Lee
No, I won't call you a troll...just probably being a liar again. Glad you admitted you are one. Note to self to never take you seriously.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #144
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

What I don't understand is in what way is he "not fit". Is it just because people disagree with him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #145
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
id be careful saying the "people " wanted him. more like, the electoral college wanted him lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. Otherwise we would be at the merci of same think centers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 07:29 PM   #146
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. Otherwise we would be at the merci of same think centers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i get the principle of the electoral college. it's just hard for me to rationalize one person's vote being worth more than another.

as a person who has voted mostly republican in the past, i dont try to overthink the electoral college because it nearly always swings into the red. but, i would admittedly be pushing for a reform if i voted the other way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #147
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i get the principle of the electoral college. it's just hard for me to rationalize one person's vote being worth more than another.

as a person who has voted mostly republican in the past, i dont try to overthink the electoral college because it nearly always swings into the red. but, i would admittedly be pushing for a reform if i voted the other way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


How does it nearly always swing red?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #148
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
How does it nearly always swing red?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
electoral college favors rural areas. rural areas statistically lean right.

e.g. trump won electoral college but lost popular vote. = electoral college swinging to the right (red)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #149
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i get the principle of the electoral college. it's just hard for me to rationalize one person's vote being worth more than another.

as a person who has voted mostly republican in the past, i dont try to overthink the electoral college because it nearly always swings into the red. but, i would admittedly be pushing for a reform if i voted the other way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If it were not for the EC no one out side of NY, LA, SF and Chicago would ever have their vote mean anything. EC is a necessity
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #150
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
electoral college favors rural areas. rural areas statistically lean right.

e.g. trump won electoral college but lost popular vote. = electoral college swinging to the right (red)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


Ok. Now I see what you're saying. I get your point. It also just proves the importance of the electoral college. Otherwise every election would be at the mercy of a few big cities. Every election would go democrat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com