Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, Beaufort county NC
Angry Current political landscape is making my head explode

There is no political discourse anymore in Washington and free speech has gone out the window if you are a conservative. The men and women in Congress and the Senate are no longer there to do what we want them to do- what we elected them to do. Currently all the Democrats are interested in is finding some way to get Trump out of office and are working 24/7 to find a way to do it. Instead of finding a way to help the folks live their lives with as little intervention or barriers as possible, to help create a business environment so that they can thrive and expand to create more job opportunities, protect our country from foreign invaders, and keep up the infrastructure so that we can get from point A to point B they are too busy playing "gotcha". Compromise has become synonymous with "you won". It used to be "you got something I can live with and I got something you can live with" and everyone wins. Because politicians live in a bubble and generally don't have to live by many of the policies they enact they have lost touch with what the American people are dealing with everyday. Obamacare is the greatest thing, according to the Democrats, just needs a little tweeking... They are not the ones dealing with high premiums or high deductibles and shrinking medical options. This is the only way they should be involved in our health care- do away with regulations that hinder our ability to buy insurance from whomever, allow insurance companies to provide insurance coverage like ordering a meal at a restaurant- basic coverage for healthcare and add "alacarte" items such as OG/GYN coverage, coverage for children up to a certain age, etc.- allow folks with pre-existing conditions to join into high risk pools to help lower their costs, allow some subsidies for "proven" low income folks to help with their coverage, and address the high cost of prescription meds and hospital procedures. How long must I continue to pay for MRI technology.

We are a nation with borders, not just a piece of land between Mexico and Canada. Many argue that we are a nation of immigrants and we are but we have become a nation of refugees. Immigrants come here for a better life and want to assimilate into our culture- speak our language and obey our laws. Refugees come here as an escape and want to keep their language and in many respects live by their own laws. Look at the Muslim communities in Minnesota that want to live by Sharia law. Once we allow this to happen we have lost our identity as America. We have made it too easy for folks coming into our country to not have to assimilate.

And for God's sake, will someone please tell Trump to stop tweeting a reaction to every stupid thing that gets said which leads to more distractions. He was elected to office because he said he wanted to protect our borders- a wall isn't necessary or even feasible in many places, repeal and replace Obamacare, streamline our tax structure, and eliminate regulations that are strangling the growth of business to the point they leave the country. Period! Every day his focus should be on those items and remind every lawmaker that is why he was elected- if you aren't spending time on those items then promise to support the Republican candidate that will be opposing them in the next election and see if they want to work on what the American people want.

Rant over.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
Russ79
Ten Point

One more thing- every Senator or Congressperson that is elected to office regardless of if it is their first or fifty-first term must take and pass a course on the Constitution so that they will know what they were elected to uphold and follow. If you can't pass then the next highest voter getter of the party elected gets a chance. Maybe let Ted Cruz and Judge Andrew Napolitano teach it.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Man it's a pretty crazy time right now. The news is out of control. (Which most is liberal)
I absolutely can't stand looking at any major news networks. Constant nonstop trump bashing.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
UncleBubba
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.

I'm with ya, can't enjoy late night shows anymore either...
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
treestand
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

The Trump bashing by the media is insane. And he adds to it instead of focusing on doing the right thing. I voted for Trump because I knew Hillary would be worse but I am very disappointed in him. Almost ready to join the impeach Trump crowd in the hope that Pence would be a bit more rational.
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #6
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

The media is out of control for sure. Every story you see now is based on speculation and no fact. Then when it is discovered it was incorrect no one in the media says anything it just goes away and they are on to the next theory or speculation. I was watching a ton of news programs when the election happened up until recently but have had to tone it down by atl east 90 percent. There is nothing actively occurring based in actual fact that is being reported on in the last month or so. They need to boost their ratings so they make stuff up, Fox and the rest of em.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #7
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand View Post
The Trump bashing by the media is insane. And he adds to it instead of focusing on doing the right thing. I voted for Trump because I knew Hillary would be worse but I am very disappointed in him. Almost ready to join the impeach Trump crowd in the hope that Pence would be a bit more rational.
Really??....The last thing we need to do is turn this back over to ANY lifetime politician.. The politicians are the one and only problem. Both sides of the aisle are working on the same thing, undermine the President.
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #8
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
Really??....The last thing we need to do is turn this back over to ANY lifetime politician.. The politicians are the one and only problem. Both sides of the aisle are working on the same thing, undermine the President.
Oh, and people like Glenn Beck are also the problem... He and his organization are just a buncha high school girls.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
We need to help Trump IMO. Force elected people to follow him instead of hurt him. Maybe some Pro Trump rallies would help.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #10
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Agree...or get pro trump peiple in elected spots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #11
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Good discussion as the environment is downright toxic at this point. Total circus last week on capital hill, I can't imagine this week's vibe up there!! Valid points......following!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 11:31 PM   #12
Vermin93
Eight Point

Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
Compromise has become synonymous with "you won". It used to be "you got something I can live with and I got something you can live with" and everyone wins.
Careful, such talk of compromise is not taken kindly by partisans and liberal and conservative ideologues.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #13
Tazman70
Four Point

Hunt In: Sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand View Post
the trump bashing by the media is insane. And he adds to it instead of focusing on doing the right thing. I voted for trump because i knew hillary would be worse but i am very disappointed in him. Almost ready to join the impeach trump crowd in the hope that pence would be a bit more rational.
x2 ..
Tazman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #14
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Careful, such talk of compromise is not taken kindly by partisans and liberal and conservative ideologues.
Truth!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 09:33 AM   #15
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
Man it's a pretty crazy time right now. The news is out of control. (Which most is liberal)
I absolutely can't stand looking at any major news networks. Constant nonstop trump bashing.
The kid gloves came off once he got elected. Which was predicted by most folks with a brain. The media likes to build people up and tear them down. They helped him get elected by giving him nonstop free coverage, every day for months and months. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #16
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
The kid gloves came off once he got elected. Which was predicted by most folks with a brain. The media likes to build people up and tear them down. They helped him get elected by giving him nonstop free coverage, every day for months and months. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
He created that "free coverage" and continues to do so, and I find it entertaining considering the reaction of both the press and the democrats. He's playing both of them like a fiddle.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
Tazman70
Four Point

Hunt In: Sheridan

Quote:
Very well spoken LWC !!! I couldn't agree more.
Tazman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #18
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
He created that "free coverage" and continues to do so, and I find it entertaining considering the reaction of both the press and the democrats. He's playing both of them like a fiddle.
If you say so. Remember what mama taught you...ain't nothing really free in life. It may seem free at first, but now he is paying for it. Yesterday he was the one whining about being treated more unfairly than any other president. Quit whining and start leading.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #19
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
If you say so. Remember what mama taught you...ain't nothing really free in life. It may seem free at first, but now he is paying for it. Yesterday he was the one whining about being treated more unfairly than any other president. Quit whining and start leading.
He has maintained that through out the election, and he is not wrong. This reminds me of 1980, and I find it refreshing.

If you have ever read any of Trumps books, he is doing what Trump always has.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #20
Axe006
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

There are many issues going on right now. As far as I am concerned the number one issue is our "elected politicians". They do not play on the same field that the rest of us play on. Supposedly we voted these people in to help lead us in a certain direction but instead they do everything they can to make sure they have a job and save themselves. At some point this has to end! We cannot keep sending people to Washington that only fight for themselves instead of the American people. We are slowly losing our freedoms. It scares the **** out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Axe006 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #21
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
He has maintained that through out the election, and he is not wrong. This reminds me of 1980, and I find it refreshing.

My wife got the Art of the Deal. Its pretty much a blueprint to everything he has done since elected.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #22
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:

You must have your blinders on. You might want to check his amount of free media coverage vs all the other candidates. About 10 times any other republican candidate and 3 times hillary. No way another R could have won with that type of discrepancy. If that is the worst anyone has ever been treated, I'm sure some of the other candidates wouldn't mind being treated that way.

I'm not saying that Trump didn't help is cause with all the free coverage, because he definitely did. But if you are going to welcome all the media coverage, quit crying about being so mistreated. Give 'em something positive to report on. Something so super hugely good that they couldn't ignore it. Instead of weird tweets about witch hunts and how mistreated you are.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #23
treestand
Ten Point

Jack Welch graded Trump yesterday. He said Trump gets an "A" on his agenda for tax reform, healthcare reform and trade reform. He gave Trump a "D-" on management for the way he fired Comey, lack of getting his staff all on the same page, and his messaging. Note that Welch has been a strong supporter of Trump. I think he was too generous with th "D-"
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #24
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
My wife got the Art of the Deal. Its pretty much a blueprint to everything he has done since elected.
It's pretty funny. Especially his step by step on making an outlandish claim to gain the upper hand in negotiation.
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #25
treestand
Ten Point

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/17/jack-...rket-away.html
Old 05-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #26
Russ79
Ten Point

I have another idea. They will never vote for term limits but here is a different direction to go. Pass a law that states that anyone elected to the Senate or Congress can only serve one term on their initial election. They then can concentrate on doing what they were sent to Washington to do and not spend the last year of that term running for re-election. They then have to sit out one election cycle but then can run again and serve as many terms as they get elected to. That will require them to go back home after their first term and live with what they passed and listen to their constituents so that if they want to run again they can go back better informed on what are the consequences of what bills they pass.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #27
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
You must have your blinders on. You might want to check his amount of free media coverage vs all the other candidates. About 10 times any other republican candidate and 3 times hillary. No way another R could have won with that type of discrepancy. If that is the worst anyone has ever been treated, I'm sure some of the other candidates wouldn't mind being treated that way.

I'm not saying that Trump didn't help is cause with all the free coverage, because he definitely did. But if you are going to welcome all the media coverage, quit crying about being so mistreated. Give 'em something positive to report on. Something so super hugely good that they couldn't ignore it. Instead of weird tweets about witch hunts and how mistreated you are.
Yes, and he created his own attention. If you look back at the coverage during election time, all of the press and celebrities were laughing at him. That's the treatment I'm referring to. Who's laughing now?
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #28
SMC
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Quote:
Yes, and he created his own attention. If you look back at the coverage during election time, all of the press and celebrities were laughing at him. That's the treatment I'm referring to. Who's laughing now?
The press, celebrities, the dems and the whole dam world
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #29
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
The press, celebrities, the dems and the whole dam world
Riiiiiiiiight!

The crying started the night of the election, and hasn't stopped yet. I love it!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #30
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Quote:
Riiiiiiiiight!

The crying started the night of the election, and hasn't stopped yet. I love it!
Heck, the salty tears are 1/2 the reason I voted for him
Hank Hill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #31
Kodiakk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.

Things are so out of control on the left now I'm beginning to wonder if we might have to fight another civil war. Just the other day I was driving through a suburban neighborhood in Katy Tx and there spray painted on a fence on Fry road was "KILL TRUMP!!" This crap is getting really out of control and pissing me off in some serious ways. I'm not even a fan of Trump!

These people are hell bent on violence it seems to me, but will cry like some school girls when they get what they are after.

Last edited by Kodiakk; 05-23-2017 at 08:44 AM..
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #32
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Very frustrating to see idiots believing everything the media feeds them. Things with zero evidence or proof. But by golly they must be true because it was on "the news".
Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #33
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Very frustrating to see idiots believing everything the media feeds them. Things with zero evidence or proof. But by golly they must be true because it was on "the news".
That is why on this very website you see some people label defense of an issue or person (usually President Trump) as "being partisan" and "not thinking for yourself". They are projecting their own inabilities.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #34
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Milam County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Kinda like that story the other day that fox ran about the homeless bums moving to Durango, Co., because they can buy weed legally there for $150 per baggie.

My point being is that both sides spins the media wheel for their own gains.
Birddog66 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #35
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog66 View Post
Kinda like that story the other day that fox ran about the homeless bums moving to Durango, Co., because they can buy weed legally there for $150 per baggie.

My point being is that both sides spins the media wheel for their own gains.
Only difference is they did have evidence and witness about the Durango thing. And didn't mention $150

But I see your point.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #36
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Oh, and people like Glenn Beck are also the problem... He and his organization are just a buncha high school girls.
glenn beck went off the rails a long time ago, can't stand to listen to them. glad Sirius moved him from the patriot channel, and put someone (david webb) in there with some brains.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top