Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 AM   #651
SBXT
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Airline protocol and civil liberties have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The constitution mentions nothing about the right to fly. Nice try though.

So it's a states right ? Lol...

The feds are pushing their way around in the world of aviation when the Constitution doesn't even mention it
SBXT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #652
In-Yo-Grill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waring, TX

Some of those Meme's had me in tears. Voted #1 is Chinese take-out was a hoot.
In-Yo-Grill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 06:53 AM   #653
SBXT
Four Point

Default Passenger forcible removed from flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Here is the timeline in the news and that the majority of people state to include the airlines not disputing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a55ccbf5c1b5

"Many passengers" not sure where you are getting this from.

Thank God for Twitter & cell phones.

They give the people power
SBXT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #654
Kodiakk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.

Man I would of made the people removing him work for it. Go ragdoll with all 300 pounds of me haha. Their overbooking is crap in my opinion. Personally I don't fly anymore due to all the horse crap you have to jump through after 9/11. I flew one time and I had to take off my belt and shoes which just seemed dumb as heck. Now with xrays or pat downs they can kiss my azz. I'll drive if at all possible!

Mark my words though, United will pay big time for this though in numerous ways.
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #655
8mpg
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going....
The story keeps unfolding...

CEO admitted fault...now the airline is refunding all the passengers airfare. Now theres a new video of the guy talking on the phone to the airline trying to figure out why hes being removed (which is supposed to be in writing legally) and they yank him out.

Best part is, he threatens to sue them if they trying to physically remove him...guess what....now he is

oh, and I dont know why but that elitist attitude from RodinaRanc is annoying and I love when he gets proved wrong.

Last edited by 8mpg; 04-13-2017 at 07:38 AM..
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #656
In-Yo-Grill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waring, TX

I still don't see how it's legal to change their prices from one minute to the next. I deal with contractors and no one would ever get away with that type of business model.

They are just too big for their britches. Whadarugonnado...
In-Yo-Grill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 09:25 AM   #657
BULL21
Eight Point

Hunt In: Robert Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
I still don't see how it's legal to change their prices from one minute to the next. I deal with contractors and no one would ever get away with that type of business model.

They are just too big for their britches. Whadarugonnado...
That's the free market. Don't like it don't fly. It's that simple
BULL21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #658
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
well just because they dont doesnt mean they dont have the legal obligation. Just because you have traveled for 20 years mean you are right. And...heres the proof

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights
You missed the part where i said there is documentation but i have never seen it utilized huh? Did you find someone who has been given the documentation or just the documentation itself?
RodinaRanč is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #659
demtx
Six Point

Hunt In: Jim Wells, McMullen

Interesting development on this, now it seems that fine print 'bumping clause' doesn't apply to already boarded passengers and may have been illegally enacted. Might turn out to have been the poor guys lucky day after all. Hope 'pilots wife' husband doesn't work for UA, she may become 'unemployed pilots wife'.
demtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #660
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySRT8U View Post
This right here proves you wrong. If UAL did nothing wrong, they wouldn't accept fault.
That proves nothing... it's a PR move crafted by attorneys and publicists as damage control in the face of public outcry, which has NOTHING to do with contractual obligations but the whims of the Twitter-obsessed, and a lawsuit.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #661
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
Specifics? You've done NOTHING BUT speak in loose terms on a subject your grossly uninformed in, yet you freel credible & want to be heard...lol

Why would UAL pay him...they did nothing to violate their end of the deal?? All that would do is open up flood gates for every unsatisfied customer to throw a tantrum & get paid...lol
You keep bringing up the customer violating the contract that they should have known about. Who knows the airline's procedures better, the airline or the customer?

The airline's end of the deal was apparently this:

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

Now tell us again who is to blame here. Should the airline not be held to this standard because YOU have never seen it happen???
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #662
tradtiger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Folks: Maybe tone down things. Lots of interesting ideas and opinions shared on this situation; hate to see things devolve and go away. Some maybe need to agree to disagree as J Sweet stated earlier.

BTW: Fixin to be a press conference with Doc's lawyers
tradtiger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #663
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

At the very least , this is a PR nightmare. We have had the same thing with police videos where you get 20 seconds to decide who's at fault. Social media has really gotten out of hand in that regard.
Hydestik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #664
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
You keep bringing up the customer violating the contract that they should have known about. Who knows the airline's procedures better, the airline or the customer?

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

Now tell us again who is to blame here. Should the airline not be held to this standard because YOU have never seen it happen???
Kind of hard to give someone a written notice when they are running back on the plane, or getting drug down the isle, don't ya think?
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #665
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
Folks: Maybe tone down things. Lots of interesting ideas and opinions shared on this situation; hate to see things devolve and go away. Some maybe need to agree to disagree as J Sweet stated earlier.

BTW: Fixin to be a press conference with Doc's lawyers
I'll take this as good advice .
Hydestik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #666
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Kind of hard to give someone a written notice when they are running back on the plane, or getting drug down the isle, don't ya think?
I believe the protocol is to give the written notice at the gate prior to boarding. As far as I know there is not a protocol to de-board a paying customer (to bump them for employees). Because it is not supposed to happen.

Where do you get the info that he is running back and forth between the gate and the plane? The video(s) I saw shows him talking calmly on his phone and calmly telling the security folks that he is not giving up his seat....then he gets skull dragged....then he comes from somewhere running back onto the plane all bloodied. I guess there may be some other timeline that makes sense but I haven't seen it yet.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #667
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I believe the protocol is to give the written notice at the gate prior to boarding. As far as I know there is not a protocol to de-board a paying customer (to bump them for employees). Because it is not supposed to happen.

Where do you get the info that he is running back and forth between the gate and the plane? The video(s) I saw shows him talking calmly on his phone and calmly telling the security folks that he is not giving up his seat....then he gets skull dragged....then he comes from somewhere running back onto the plane all bloodied. I guess there may be some other timeline that makes sense but I haven't seen it yet.
The video being shown was just the confrontation.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #668
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
The video being shown was just the confrontation.
I saw a video on fox news last night showing them talking to the guy....before the drag. He was sitting in his seat telling them he wasn't going to leave. Was filmed by the passenger in the seat behind him. You may have already seen this too, but it was the first I had seen of that angle.

Also, where are you getting your info that he was running back and forth from plane to gate like a crazy man?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #669
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Quote:

It's called being a informed comsumer....no diff than buying a $70k truck & weld in a gooseneck w/o disconnecting batts 1st...you fry the electronics...ford's fault?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #670
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydestik View Post
At the very least , this is a PR nightmare. We have had the same thing with police videos where you get 20 seconds to decide who's at fault. Social media has really gotten out of hand in that regard.
We finally agree....regardless of what caused the seating constraint...UAL should have taken the time to reconcile the passenger manifest prior to boarding & none of this would he an issue.....but b/c they didn't doesn't mean they're legally liable ...

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-13-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Old 04-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #671
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
It's called being a informed comsumer....no diff than buying a $70k truck & weld in a gooseneck w/o disconnecting batts 1st...you fry the electronics...ford's fault?
You did not answer one of my questions to you. You bring up some strange tangent about purchasing a product and accidentally causing damage to it yourself. That is actually a lot different than purchasing a plane ticket, boarding the plane, sitting in your seat, and expecting to arrive back home in a few hours. Then being dragged out of the plane.....and the airline not following THEIR procedures.

If you don't mind, please look back and answer the other questions.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #672
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I saw a video on fox news last night showing them talking to the guy....before the drag. He was sitting in his seat telling them he wasn't going to leave. Was filmed by the passenger in the seat behind him. You may have already seen this too, but it was the first I had seen of that angle.

Also, where are you getting your info that he was running back and forth from plane to gate like a crazy man?
Right. Now ask yourself a question. WHY were there people videoing, WHEN they were videoing? Because he was simply saying I'm not moving? I'm pretty sure there is more to this story than what the media is showing. Imagine that!? Sensationalism comes to mind.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #673
LWC
Ten Point

Tread lightly friends. Posts are being deleted. I'd like to continue the discussion if we can.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #674
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Tread lightly friends. Posts are being deleted. I'd like to continue the discussion if we can.
Isn't 14 pages enough?
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #675
tradtiger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Most interesting thing I gleaned from press conference was regarding the statement of injuries. Was said that two teeth were knocked out, nose broken, concussion, sinus damage requiring future surgery.

Frankly, I had thought we were seeing results of, basically, a busted lip from bumping an armrest.

The limp body during the drag could have been due to being knocked out. Evidently, considerable force would have been involved to produce the stated injuries. Also, lawyer said doc had no recollection "nada" of returning to plane -- not saying it didn't happen, but that it was blacked out from his memory.
tradtiger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #676
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
Most interesting thing I gleaned from press conference was regarding the statement of injuries. Was said that two teeth were knocked out, nose broken, concussion, sinus damage requiring future surgery.

Frankly, I had thought we were seeing results of, basically, a busted lip from bumping an armrest.

The limp body during the drag could have been due to being knocked out. Evidently, considerable force would have been involved to produce the stated injuries. Also, lawyer said doc had no recollection "nada" of returning to plane -- not saying it didn't happen, but that it was blacked out from his memory.
Lol! Of course! Surprised he's not wearing a neck brace as well. Lol!
Old 04-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #677
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Judge Jeanine weighs in

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/1...rbooked-flight
Old 04-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #678
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
Isn't 14 pages enough?
Apparently not . We keep coming back.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #679
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
Apparently not . We keep coming back.
It's like a train wreck.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #680
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Quote:
You did not answer one of my questions to you. You bring up some strange tangent about purchasing a product and accidentally causing damage to it yourself. That is actually a lot different than purchasing a plane ticket, boarding the plane, sitting in your seat, and expecting to arrive back home in a few hours. Then being dragged out of the plane.....and the airline not following THEIR procedures.

If you don't mind, please look back and answer the other questions.
The point of the ford analogy is that in both situations the consumer was either not aware of what to some is "common" knowledge & if not commonly known is documented in some term/conditions contract one is commited to; either way the consumer is responsible not the vendor.

As i said i'm aware of DOT language but have never seen that happen in practice; i suspect b/c here is some language in their terms/conditions that they are covered by.

I'm not sure what question i missed, but typically the process in an oversold situation....incentives are offered...if no takers, there is an algorithm used to select tickets (passenger status, ticket price paid, etc)...the algorithm gets very complex when 2 passengers have no status, paid same $,etc (ea airline has their own "math" in making the final determination of who's booted), supported by ther terms of their individual contracts of carriage

Sometimes this is resolved by one passenger becoming belligerent (i think to some extend the airline "want" this to happen) b/c then the process changes from an "oversold" policy to a "refuse to transport" policy (basically like any business can reserves the right to refuse service to anyone), which inherently resolves he oversold situation.

When "refuse to transport" is envoked, the airline is simply refusing service & envoking the next step in the process...call airport security...they simply tell security they are envoking "refuse to transport" & they are out of it...it's a LEO responsibility now...sometimes they inform the passenger they are refusing to transport, sometimes (b/c of potential drama) the passenger is unaware & LEO's simply show up & remove the passenger from airport property....by choice or by force.

Hope that clarifies things...

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-13-2017 at 12:43 PM..
Old 04-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #681
LWC
Ten Point

I appreciate your insight. You obviously travel much more than I do. My point is that when a customer enters into a contract with a corporation, the one who writes the contract (the corporation) is generally held to a MUCH higher standard than the customer (who may or may not have read said contract, or even knows that such exists). So when mistakes are made by both sides, I feel that burden falls at the feet of the airline. If they follow their own protocol, we never get to steps 2, 3, 4, etc... Not to mention that it is not good business to put corporate needs ahead of customer needs....if this can in any way be avoided.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #682
Ironman
Pope & Young

Has anyone ever had a broken nose that didn't bleed? I know I haven't, but just curious.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #683
8mpg
Eight Point

Quote:
Has anyone ever had a broken nose that didn't bleed? I know I haven't, but just curious.
You are really questioning diagnosed medical issues that his lawyer is releasing to the public that will be argued in court?
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #684
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
You are really questioning diagnosed medical issues that his lawyer is releasing to the public that will be argued in court?
I'm questioning if anyone has had a broken nose that didn't bleed. Have you?
Old 04-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #685
Tazman70
Four Point

Hunt In: Sheridan

Quote:
It's called nasal septal hematoma.

Last edited by Tazman70; 04-13-2017 at 07:53 PM..
Tazman70 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #686
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman70 View Post
It's called nasal septal hematoma.
Oh I'm familiar with nasal septal hematoma. I've actually dealt with it twice. My nose still bled. Problem is, when it stopped, it really didn't. I guess that's not the case every time.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #687
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Name:  58f7948aea5cb.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  50.6 KB
Old 04-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #688
niceg3s
Ten Point

Hunt In: Own property in Smith/Cherokee.

Quote:
I did in high school playing basketball. Depends on where the break occurs. In my case the blood was going down my throat, and there wasn't much of it.
niceg3s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #689
BoneDigger
Pope & Young

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #690
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anderson & Coleman Counties

Didn't take long

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
SKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #691
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKLOSS View Post
very smart move on United part. They know the long term memory is short in our country.........but having a case drag out for 2-5 years could really prove disastrous to the stock value. Obviously, they have enough in house lawyers to had stretched this mess out for eon's.
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 AM   #692
Daniel75
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Red River County & Atoka Co Oklahoma

“Dr. Dao has become the unintended champion for the adoption of changes which will certainly help improve the lives of literally millions of travelers,” Dao attorney Thomas Demetrio said in a statement.

Jesus Christ. The champion of what? Being a class A d-nozzle?
Daniel75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #693
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel75 View Post
“Dr. Dao has become the unintended champion for the adoption of changes which will certainly help improve the lives of literally millions of travelers,” Dao attorney Thomas Demetrio said in a statement.

Jesus Christ. The champion of what? Being a class A d-nozzle?

Help improve the lives of millions of travelers! LOL!! Like slavery, hopefully traveling will one day be abolished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #694
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

So did Rodinarac ever admit he was wrong? Said the man wouldn't win a settlement and UAL stock wouldn't drop.

We should guess/argue how much the undisclosed settlement was for.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #695
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anderson & Coleman Counties

Like I said weeks ago, the other airlines enjoyed the negative press, but they were going to be faced with other challenges of their own.

Fight breaks out after Spirit cancels flights
SKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #696
MySRT8U
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
So did Rodinarac ever admit he was wrong? Said the man wouldn't win a settlement and UAL stock wouldn't drop.

We should guess/argue how much the undisclosed settlement was for.

Zero chance that guy admitted he was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top