Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
WrecklessRanch
Four Point
 
WrecklessRanch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North TX
Hunt In: North TX & Idaho
Default Oklahoma Controlled Hunts

Who has been successful in the Oklahoma controlled hunts? We bought NR licenses already to turkey hunt so might as well take advantage of the opportunity to throw our names in the draw. We are definitely putting in for elk and pronghorn but not sure about deer. Are there any areas that have deer worth drawing for? We have a lease in OK that's pretty awesome so I'm not wanting to spend much time somewhere else unless there is a chance at a monster. Any suggestions are appreciated.
WrecklessRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Eberle
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sasakwa, Oklahoma
Hunt In: Lower 48!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
Who has been successful in the Oklahoma controlled hunts? We bought NR licenses already to turkey hunt so might as well take advantage of the opportunity to throw our names in the draw. We are definitely putting in for elk and pronghorn but not sure about deer. Are there any areas that have deer worth drawing for? We have a lease in OK that's pretty awesome so I'm not wanting to spend much time somewhere else unless there is a chance at a monster. Any suggestions are appreciated.
If you hunt with a recurve or longbow look at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. It has some nice deer. mcaapcontrolledhunts.com
Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
Biggs
Ten Point
 
Biggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Williston, ND
Hunt In: North Dakota
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
If you hunt with a recurve or longbow look at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. It has some nice deer. mcaapcontrolledhunts.com


Monster deer at McAlester


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2017, 10:55 PM   #4
Eberle
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sasakwa, Oklahoma
Hunt In: Lower 48!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
Monster deer at McAlester


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really good chance of harvesting a P&Y, just have to do it traditional.
Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
Voodoo
Six Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
Monster deer at McAlester


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes there are some good ones there.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com