Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Photography
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
Bill M
Pope & Young
 
Bill M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Default Eaglet - Woodlands TX

This is the lone eaglet from the mating pair of bald eagles that nest in the Hughes Landing area of the Woodlands. It was born between Jan 6-9 of this year. Should fly very soon. It's already flying limb to limb.





Bill being Smug

Last edited by Bill M; 03-29-2017 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Added second image.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
CircleTHD
Ten Point
 
CircleTHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Nation Wide
Default

Awesome
CircleTHD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

There has been a pair nesting on that side of the lake since before there was a single bit of construction so I don't know what that is almost 10 years? I wonder if the current pair are somehow related to the original pair. I was worried they would leave when they built all that stuff yet now 75 percent of that whole side is developed and they stuck it out. Must be too good of an area to pass up.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
salth2o
Pope & Young
 
salth2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Hunt In: Delta and Harris/Montgomery Counties. Anywhere else I can.
Default

Beautiful!
salth2o is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
meltingfeather
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: austin
Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily
Default

cool!
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
Bill M
Pope & Young
 
Bill M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Default

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
There has been a pair nesting on that side of the lake since before there was a single bit of construction so I don't know what that is almost 10 years? I wonder if the current pair are somehow related to the original pair. I was worried they would leave when they built all that stuff yet now 75 percent of that whole side is developed and they stuck it out. Must be too good of an area to pass up.
They seem to be unaffected by the attention. I talked to a gentleman when I was there taking these and he said there have been 3 different nest locations with this being the third and that has been over about a 20 year period, give or take. There are several in the area. Last years juvenile has tried to come visit this year but mom and dad let it know it isn't welcome. There are other juveniles as well as I have photographed them believing them to be hawks at first. Lifespan is about 20 years so this could be the original pair but I think it may not be. I just started really paying attention to this pair the last couple of years. There is suppose to be a nesting pair and nest in Carlton Woods as well.

I'm going to add a pic of dad as well to the OP.

Last edited by Bill M; 03-29-2017 at 03:24 PM..
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2017, 08:32 PM   #7
Jakesfish
Ten Point
 
Jakesfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irving
Hunt In: Young, San Saba, Cass counties
Default

Thanks for sharing, those are beautiful birds..........
Jakesfish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #8
Snakelover
Pope & Young
 
Snakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poetry, TX
Hunt In: Stephens Co., TX
Default

Nice shot of the baby, but the adult is the shot that really caught my eye! Fabulous!

Your Smugmug is looking nice, Bill!
Snakelover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
Bill M
Pope & Young
 
Bill M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesfish View Post
Thanks for sharing, those are beautiful birds..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakelover View Post
Nice shot of the baby, but the adult is the shot that really caught my eye! Fabulous!

Your Smugmug is looking nice, Bill!
Thanks y'all. Appreciate the comments.

David I need to get back to the SmugMug page. I haven't touched it in awhile and there are definite changes I want to make to it. Look at the exif data on this one if you can.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #10
bta003
Four Point
 
bta003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waller, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
Thanks guys.



They seem to be unaffected by the attention. I talked to a gentleman when I was there taking these and he said there have been 3 different nest locations with this being the third and that has been over about a 20 year period, give or take. There are several in the area. Last years juvenile has tried to come visit this year but mom and dad let it know it isn't welcome. There are other juveniles as well as I have photographed them believing them to be hawks at first. Lifespan is about 20 years so this could be the original pair but I think it may not be. I just started really paying attention to this pair the last couple of years. There is suppose to be a nesting pair and nest in Carlton Woods as well.

I'm going to add a pic of dad as well to the OP.
I don't know if there is a pair in Carlton Woods or not, but I do see a lone eagle out there some times while playing golf.
bta003 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
mudjeremy
Ten Point
 
mudjeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kingsville
Hunt In: llano- Uvalde
Default

Awesome
mudjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #12
Canoe1
Ten Point
 
Canoe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Orange Grove
Default

Long before the built the bridge over the middle of the lake, there was a nesting pair on the backside of the cove across from Northshore Park.
It's been about 13 years since I paddled on that lake. So I'd say first time I saw it was over 20 years ago.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Canoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #13
CoolArrow
Ten Point
 
CoolArrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Juan, TX
Hunt In: Starr county
Default

Great pics
CoolArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com