New to LTC, Holster help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LTC, Holster help needed!

After saying I was going to do this for 15 years, I finally did it. TX LTC card arrived in the mail last week. I’ve got a sweet little sig P365 I plan to carry. I also purchased the TLR-6 laser/light to go on it.

But man, when it comes to holsters I quickly get overwhelmed. I really have no idea where to start or how to even make a good choice. I’m also realizing that the laser light is further limiting my holster options.

I live in the Houston area, so it’s HOT most of the year. Would need something that works with golf shirt and slacks/golf shirt and shorts for 90% of the time. Usually tucked in.

I know this isn’t a hunting question, but I’m hoping there are some guys on hear that have been through this already and might save me some time.

Man, get ready to just start buying holster because one is not going to fit all situations. IWB, OWB, behind the back etc. Quality leather is where it is at.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	24628453

You need one of these!! Made by yours truly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like stealth gear and clinger. Like a guy said above, get ready to buy all different ones till you find one that works for you.

Comment

Chk out tier 1 concealment for appendix. They have one for the P365 and TRL-6. I’m running a tier 1 for my 43x and like it a lot.

Comment

My go to holsters are DM Bullard Dual Carry. I carry IWB. I know he makes one for that particular firearm, but not sure about making one with that particular lazer.

Comment

For OWB, I like versacarry.

Comment

I use a tulster holster for my g43 and TLR6. I use a stealth gear vent core for my g19.

Comment

I like crossbreed.

Comment

I second the crossbreed. My supertuck deluxe has been on my hip for the vast majority of days over the past 9 years...

Comment

I have an Alien Gear IWB that allows you to tuck your shirt in. I have been pleased with it.

Comment

Vedder LightTuck IWB - Height and cant adjustable. It's worked for me in multiple positions on the waist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                          [ATTACH]1016153[/ATTACH]

You need one of these!! Made by yours truly lol

Nice work. Do you have a web sight or just pm you

Comment

A common mistake is that guys cheap out on the belt to hold the holster. A good stiff gun belt with a holster makes carrying your piece much more comfortable. I know a good leather gun belt is expensive, but you really need one. As you’re just starting out you can save a few dollars by buying a Wilderness Instructor’s belt to start with. They’re nylon belts and you can pay for extra stitching which helps stiffen the belt. One of these will run you around $45.00 and you can also wear it with jeans. Also, depending on your holster, you’ll need to order a size larger than you normally would.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                              Nice work. Do you have a web sight or just pm you

Just pm

Comment

Working...
                              X