Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Performance hunting clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance hunting clothes

So I am looking to pick up a few pieces of quality hunting apparel, pants jacket and a couple of shirts. I don’t need it for Texas but have some western hunts and AK/Canada in the next few years that I will want quality outerwear and base layers.

I don’t even know where to start as far as Sitka, First lite, Kuiu, Pythal, or any of the other various brands. Looking for quality and performance while keeping cost in mind

So what is the consensus as far as good and what to avoid. Also any good outlets for discounted sales

KUIU, SITKA buy it once cry once, sitka has a lifetime warranty.

Comment

My plythal stuff has been great. Check camofire from time to time. They ran some on great sales last year.

Sitka core heavy weight base later is unbelievable!

Comment

wish i would have took a better look into some of these before i bought all new carhartt apparel this past year. its rugged and i like it but its bulky and can be pricey also

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          So I am looking to pick up a few pieces of quality hunting apparel, pants jacket and a couple of shirts. I don’t need it for Texas but have some western hunts and AK/Canada in the next few years that I will want quality outerwear and base layers.

I don’t even know where to start as far as Sitka, First lite, Kuiu, Pythal, or any of the other various brands. Looking for quality and performance while keeping cost in mind

So what is the consensus as far as good and what to avoid. Also any good outlets for discounted sales

Badlands is 50% off. All quality stuff.

Comment

...where do yall try this stuff on at

Comment

I use a mix of First Lite and some of the gorp eater brand
              for base is usually first lite, black ovis or patagonia
              usually a first lite or TNF mid-weight fleece
              in cold I will use a patagonia R1
              Currently using MyTrailco down
              Last edited by PlanoDano; 12-27-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

For base layers I'd focus on merino wool stuff. Kuiu, badlands, sitka, whoever's has the best deal for the weight you want. I have kuiu and first lite wool stuff, as well as a black ovis heavyweight hoodie.
                Once you have base layers, figure out how you hunt and what peices cover the needs you actually have to have filled. Pants were actually the hardest one for me to pick. I went with kryptek alaios.
                I dont really subscribe to one company but so far really like the things I've gotten and they've all served their purpose well.

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                  ...where do yall try this stuff on at
                  Unfortunately dont get to alot of the time. But they're usually good at swapping sizes with you

Comment

Black ovis and under armor also have some good base and mid layers that you can pick up for a good price. The black ovis merino stuff pops up on Camofire frequently. I’ve picked up some good deals on under armor and kryptek on amazon.

Comment

In for responses too

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So the badlands mutton base layer a good option? Pretty good price with the discount.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          So the badlands mutton base layer a good option? Pretty good price with the discount.

Yup, especially with the discount, it's a steal.

Comment

To me it depends on what type of hunting you’re doing. Sitka has different lines for different types of hunting. Kuiu is mostly for active hunting. Bothof these are layer-based systems. I have some pieces from each line and each is great when used as intended. I joinedseveral fb groups to learn from the members what they use and why.

Comment

Another vote for badlands since they 50% off right now. Great gear I have the Venture Jacket that’s been great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X