No announcement yet.

Nilgai bowhunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a hunting lease go for on the King or Kennedy these days?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGasMan View Post
      Anyone interested in getting a group together?
      I would likely be in depending on the date. sounds like a great hunt. Set it up Shane

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntvideo View Post
        I would likely be in depending on the date. sounds like a great hunt. Set it up Shane

I'll see what I can find out Chuck. I'll post it when I know something.

Comment

Dang them are big! congrats on the harvest!

Comment

Any more insight on best time of year? My brother and I hunted Norias division in late April and got skunked. Everyone I talk too say February and March are best...

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
              X2
              X3
              Wild and true story with witnesses -
              I was dove hunting back in the mid 80's down east of Concepcion.I was camo'ed out and tucked up under a willow tree on the bank of a small tank. I guess the wind was in my favor but dove hunting I wasn't playing the wind. All the sudden a large animal came to the water barely over 10 yards from me. Freaked me out cause at that time I had never heard of or seen a Nilgai. The other hunters in our group were hunting a goat weed field about 300 yards away. I new it wasn't a native animal and was aware of the rules on exotics. Well I gave him a head full of 12 gauge # 7's at about 14 yards. I was freaked out a little so I went to get the other guys one of which was the land owner (a friend). After the hoop and hollering was over we quartered it and I took it to Midway in Katy for processing. Absolutely the best meat I have ever had!
              Since then I have always wanted to go on a Nilgai hunt (not dove/nilgai). Now Im at a point in life where I can afford it so it is on my list of hunts to do within the next year or two. If there is a group hunt I'd love to be there.

Comment

Very Nice, congrats.

Comment

Congrats! great eating I hear...

Comment

That some good table scraps there... COngrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLou View Post
                        Any more insight on best time of year? My brother and I hunted Norias division in late April and got skunked. Everyone I talk too say February and March are best...
                        IMO hot and dry conditions are the best. If you can stand 90+ degree heat, then the summer months are your best bet.

Comment

^^ water holes in the summer around 6:30pm. I swear things come a live!

Comment

Working...
                          X