MLDP 1 to Conservation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLDP 1 to Conservation ?

I have a small place I hunt just outside Cuero, DeWitt County, we've always received 6 MLDP level 1 permits, you can only rifle hunt during the General Season. Since it has changed from level 1, 2, 3 to Conservation, I understand from what I read, we can rifle hunt our 6 does as if it was MLDP 2 or 3 season, first weekend in October to February 28. Is this correct or does anyone have any other input on this?

That is correct. Check with your local tpwd biologist and ask for information on the 2017 MLD rules and requirements. Sounds like you may need to look it over as there may be additional details you might be unaware of.

Comment

Conservation, you should be able to hunt everything by any legal means from bow opener to feb 28.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
        That is correct. Check with your local tpwd biologist and ask for information on the 2017 MLD rules and requirements. Sounds like you may need to look it over as there may be additional details you might be unaware of.

I do need to do this, my father in-law deals with it and is unaware of anything. Funny, I manage two different ranches, one with 60 mld tags and the other has 150, but I'm still uncertain about cuero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
          Conservation, you should be able to hunt everything by any legal means from bow opener to feb 28.

Not if they only give you doe tags, correct me if I'm wrong, your tags come in either buck or antler less. Now the conservation method might be different, but this is new.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
            Not if they only give you doe tags, correct me if I'm wrong, your tags come in either buck or antler less. Now the conservation method might be different, but this is new.

You mentioned Conservation in OP. Y'all definitely need to read guidelines.

The Managed Lands Deer Program (MLDP) is intended to foster and support sound management and stewardship of native wildlife and wildlife habitats on private lands in Texas.

Comment

yes that is correct...doe's only

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                yes that is correct...doe's only

That's what I see too, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X