Shot Hog Then Got Snakebit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot Hog Then Got Snakebit

Well y'all be careful out there! I had a decent hunt yesterday evening and shot a big hog, then went back to the house to get hamburger's grilled and a fire started for the kids before tracking my kill. When I got home the boots came off and the flops went on. I was walking down a paved driveway in the dark and got popped by a big copperhead! He got me right where my big toe meets my foot. I turned off the grill then we jumped in the truck and headed for the hospital. On our way I called my buddy who is a game warden just to let him know what had happened. He offered to run over to the house and take my food off the grill for me, and actually found the snake still on the driveway waiting for seconds when he arrived! I'm still waiting to be discharged from the hospital, but should be ok. It hurts like hell and is really swollen. I just wanted to warn y'all to be careful! No more flip flops for me at the ranch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks man. Hope you heal up quickly

Comment

Gonna have to change your screen name now.

SnakeMagnet??

Hope you're ok

Comment

Glad you're ok. I think I'd cry like a baby if I ever get struck?? Need to make a hatband out of him just out of spite.

Comment

Daggitt.........Skeeter got hit last month!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not good, i have been bitten by one before, will hurt for several days and gradually get better. I was bitten on foot also.

Comment

Been lots of snake bites this year. I second the hatband. Might as well get something out of it.

Comment

Sorry to hear abut the hit. Hope all turns out okay. That is a GREAT reminder for me not to get to comfortable around the cabin when I get to hunt out west. We have seen a few rattlesnakes out there, and I tend to loaf around the cabin early morning in flops before going out..

Comment

I only wear them in the house and on the porch. Every time I take Sarge out to pee, I turn the porch lights on and look around since I found a copperhead on the porch a few years ago.

Comment

Dang that's not cool. Glad you are doing alright.... And congrats on the pig kill !

Comment

I got bit in the back yard the other day. Luckily just a rat snake.

Good luck on the recovery!

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery! You’ll have nightmares from that one for awhile I imagine

Comment

No bueno...feel better soon.

Comment

I am glad you are OK but you better get up and go track that Hog LOL

Comment

I commented on a copperhead thread once before.About how many lay around on paved surfaces at night..Saw two maintainence guys at the Hilton kill 9 in one night.It was after he told me to be careful walking in flops.I was sure they were just killing chicken snakes.Sure enough they had a sack full of dead copperheads..
                              Sure hope you heal up quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X