arkansas trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arkansas trip

So I am trying to plan a little 3-4 day road trip with the wife, 3 yr old boy and 10 month old daughter. Wanting to leave Houston and drive to Arkansas, and one or two nights tent camp and the other get a hotel, probably on way home.
    Wanting to have a nice scenery drive, and nice peaceful camp site.
    Where would you go?

Lake Ouachita area?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
      So I am trying to plan a little 3-4 day road trip with the wife, 3 yr old boy and 10 month old daughter. Wanting to leave Houston and drive to Arkansas, and one or two nights tent camp and the other get a hotel, probably on way home.
      Wanting to have a nice scenery drive, and nice peaceful camp site.
      Where would you go?
      Check out Beavers Bend State park at Broken Bow Lake, it is only about 30 miles from Arkansas, they have camping and you could also rent a cabin for a night or two, pretty neat area.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        Check out Beavers Bend State park at Broken Bow Lake, it is only about 30 miles from Arkansas, they have camping and you could also rent a cabin for a night or two, pretty neat area.
        X2

Comment

Lake DeGray or Lake Ouachita.

Comment

We love the area around Mena.

Tons of places to see, things to do, and places to stay.

Bring the quads or UTV and hit the trails, there’s hundreds of miles of trails in the area.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hwy 7!!

Comment

Mt Willamena on the Quchita Trail, and you can hike the Trail. Camp right there at the lodge.

Comment

Buffalo river, 1000%. Stop in Ponca and try to see the elk.

Comment

Clarify, it’s Queen Willamina lodge at the State Park there.

Comment

I’m going on June to see my grandfather. We’re staying on Lake Dardanelle. He lives in Havana which is between quachita national forest and Mt. Magazine. We’re definitely hitting the buffalo river with the kids and Bull shoals haven’t planned anything else yet.

Comment

I love the Mt. Home, Flippin area.

Comment

Lake DeGray is beautiful and close to Hot Springs and Mena. Broken Bow, OK is an amazing place. My family loves to to the 1/2 day river float trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’ll be a longer drive, but the Ozarks in the spring are hard to beat. Waterfalls, rivers, lakes, creeks, and green hills.

I’d probably go up 7, then cut across the northern tier of counties. You could go Russellville, Jasper, Harrison. Then to Mountain Home, maybe Mammoth Springs, then back down to Mt. View. That would put you through some pretty country with plenty of staying/camping options.

Comment

Rent a cabin on Mt Petit Jean... camp out in Long Pool recreation area.. fishing, kayaking, hiking

Comment

Working...
                              X