Cotton Seed around D/FW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton Seed around D/FW

Where is a cotton gin around/near the metroplex to buy cotton seed in bulk?

Friend has a place in Oklahoma and wants to give it a try.

I’ve been on the lookout myself. Closest thing I’ve found to a contact was a guy in the cattle business up here on the Montague/Cooke county line that gets it delivered by the semi load to feed his cattle. I think he said the truck comes from Wichita Falls. I definitely don’t want or need that much at one time, so that’s prolly not the route I’ll take...unless I can talk him into selling me some out of his shipment.

Skinny

Comment

You’ll have to head west toward the panhandle before you get into cotton country. May be a little south. I know there’s some grown around Corsicana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The guy that runs Walden’s in Weatherford offered to bring in what would be needed if you wanted to pick it up in Weatherford.

I could use about a ton myself in Erath County but I don’t want to go West to pick it up.

Comment

Need to be somewhat in cotton country to have a gin....lol. That being said,where is is his place? I believe there is a gun in Red River County.

Comment

I've called several ranchers, dairy farms and feed stores from Wichita Falls and surrounding area No Luck! Several feed stores offered to have it brought in, but indicated it would be expensive.

Comment

Boyce Grain in Waxahachie and the Gin in Howard had it up until a couple weeks ago. Usually can get it through Feb but they ran out pretty quick this year.

Comment

following

Comment

I will call the guy in Weatherford to get a cost per ton and let everyone know. I suspect that he is going to be cost prohibitive but you never know.

I may drive to Sweetwater and get a ton.

It’s not a matter of getting it...it’s going and getting it on a weekday!

Comment

PPF near Cooper TX
                    903-652-3303

Comment

Originally posted by bassdk View Post
                      PPF near Cooper TX
                      903-652-3303
                      This^^^^^between Commerce and Paris. My cousin gets it there for $200 a ton.

Comment

I go to Commerce often and I will probably have to make a road trip to Cooper this week!

I am going to get a F150 truck bed load! It will be perfect for what I need!

Comment

Working...
                        X