Traditional FSC Week 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 20

This week, we're going to try an obstruction shot. Trace around a quarter near the middle of a piece of copy paper. Aimpoint will be the center of the quarter, shot seated from 12 yards. To make things interesting, place at least three sticks in front of target between 12" and 18" before the target face, leaving about a 4" wide alley to hit the quarter spot. Three shots; measure each from nearest part of shaft to center of spot. Winner is lowest distance total.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Is this obstructed enough?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the right idea, DRT!

Comment

Think I will allow shots to be made kneeling (one or two knees) or sitting, since an actual obstruction shot may be needed during a stalk with no chair available.
        Last edited by tradtiger; 05-13-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Awesome call TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Awesome call TT.
            Thanks, Briar. Seems fairly realistic to a hunting scenario; I know recently I was looking at a hog on the other side of a brush pile with a hole just about that size to shoot through, but he wouldn't get his vitals quite in the spot I needed so didn't shoot that one.

BTW, feel free to shoot and pull arrows one at a time so as not to damage them.

Comment

TTT

Anybody seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                TTT

Anybody seeing this.
                Scout night. No time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  TTT

Anybody seeing this.
                  I'll shoot it when I get a chance.

Just been real busy, and my shooting (when I get to) has been getting this new riser/limb combo dialed in.

Rick

Comment

Called this shot on the phone from the road between Nebraska and Texas -- riding back with college pitcher son. Hope to shoot it myself tomorrow late after my elementary (2nd grade) sub job.

Comment

Didn't mean to set up this shot quite as scary as I did, but here it is. Managed to get three arrows through the alley of death without hitting the "sticks". 1st arrow 2-7/8" up and left; 2nd arrow inside the quarter at 1/4" from center; but then shot high on 3rd arrow at 4-3/8". Total is 7-1/2". Wide open boys and girls.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not great shooting, but I didn't break an arrow! First three shots taken in over a week due to travel; by the way, shot from one knee to try and get the flattest angle. In setting up, don't feel the need to use heavy almost-logs for the obstacles -- I originally envisioned using some bamboo or small branches, but the bigger branches and cinder block seemed workable.

Comment

Nice shootin TradTiger.

I shot today but was 3” off on first shot. Closer on others. Ill measure afterwhile. I forgot it was multiple shots.

Comment

My setup
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Okay...I missed more than 3”. Im DQd anyhow. I forget which shots were which...I reckoned. I measured edge to edge too.

Ill reshoot and resubmit tomorrow if cool.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X