new bow for a 12 year old boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new bow for a 12 year old boy?

What is a good adjustable bow for a 12 year old? He has been shooting a Genesis bow for a few years. He wants something with a little more power.

You should look at the Bear Cruzer. It's a great shooting bow.

Comment

Have been very happy with the Diamond Infinite Edge I bought my 12 year old (at the time).

Originally posted by assassinator View Post
      What is a good adjustable bow for a 12 year old? He has been shooting a Genesis bow for a few years. He wants something with a little more power.

Comment

I would check out the PSE Fever or the Darton Exciter. These two are the best ones on the market in my opinion. The Darton is a true binary cam and the fever comes in a dual cam and a single cam option. How big a kid is he? There are a lot of other bows out there if he is a little larger frame 24"+ draw length and can pull 40lbs

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
          Have been very happy with the Diamond Infinite Edge I bought my 12 year old (at the time).

X2 on the infinite edge. I am shooting one right now. It is my second. Just passed the first one down to my 9 yo. He shoots it great. This summer I will upgrade again and pass this one down to my 7 yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
            X2 on the infinite edge. I am shooting one right now. It is my second. Just passed the first one down to my 9 yo. He shoots it great. This summer I will upgrade again and pass this one down to my 7 yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            ^^^ Both of my boys (14 and 17) shoot the Diamond Infinite Edge and have for about 5 years. We watch Camo Fire for good deals and have upgraded pin sights, fall away rest and stabilizer but this is a good fast shooting bow from the get go at a very reasonable price...and they are easy to adjust draw weight and length.

Comment

Mission Craze. My son bought it for himself when he was 12. Still shooting it at 18. Almost a foot taller now.

Comment

go ahead and by him a mans bow, save yourself a lot of money in the long run just look for those that have a lot of adjustment, like the pse line, fever, stinger x, brute force, infinity, or the drive r,,, you and he will appreciate it more,,, unless he is unusually small all of these will go down far enough for him...
                Darton has a few great ones like Brinkley already mentioned,,,

Comment

mission or diamond. I've spent many moons with many youngsters watching them grow into these bows.

the diamond to me is the most proven and is an excellent bow for that age.

Comment

I think a PSE bowmadness 32 50-60 lb would be great and work for many years....

What do you know, I have one in the classifieds.

Comment

He is pretty skinny, but growing like a weed. Not really strong. He outgrew his youth model shotgun this year, and most of the clothes we just bought.

Is anyone shooting a Mission Hype?

Comment

I'll be getting my daughter a new bow and selling her Infinite edge soon. She's gotten two deer with it so far. Sucker goes through deer better than my bow. She needs one she can use to go elk hunting with hopefully soon.

Comment

It's not new but you could tune it down? Got it listed in the classifieds

Comment

My 13yo daughter is shooting the Mission Hype and loves it.

Comment

A low poundage Bowtech Carbon Icon, Knight, or even a Hoyt Charger could be a good one he could grow into.

Comment

Working...
                              X