Black coyote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black coyote?

I've seen a black canine three times now on my property. Twice it just ran across the road in front of me as I was driving in. Once I saw it about 400 yards away on a canal bank easing along. It has long hair like a yote but it seems bigger in size body wise. It also has that coyote gate when it walks or runs. I was able to find a track from when it came out of a ditch bank the first time I saw it. This is not a domestic breed of dog I know that without a doubt. I'm saying black coyote but I've never seen one before.

I have only see one for a second and wish I would have gotten a shot off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I have only see one for a second and wish I would have gotten a shot off.

I'm going to try and kill him this winter and if I do I will full body mount no doubt.

Comment

Could very well be. I've only seen one in my life. A buddy of mine saw one where he deer hunts twice but never even shot at it. That would be somethin else if you were able to get it. It'd make for an awesome full body mount for sure.

Comment

I saw a dark pigmented coyote last year. Not fully black, but definitely closer to black on the color spectrum than the other coyote it was with.

Comment

I've seen two killed. One I shot myself at horn hill and my friend killed the other near hallsburg.

Comment

Seen them on the outdoor Channel. Never in person. Wish you the best of luck

Comment

A friend who has a chicken farm in Mississippi says he has seen one a few times on his farm. He calls it the Black Wolf. His brother and I are planning to go visit him and try to find this Black Wolf and do a full body mount.

Comment

They have a different sound, when howling. We call them coy-dogs.

Comment

Shot this one last November.
                    Still at the taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by Carboyvu View Post
                      A friend who has a chicken farm in Mississippi says he has seen one a few times on his farm. He calls it the Black Wolf. His brother and I are planning to go visit him and try to find this Black Wolf and do a full body mount.
                      What part of Ms.?
                      I saw one here in Carroll county back in the spring this year. It was 1.5 the size of a regular coyote and looked almost solid black, acted just like a coyote,

Comment

His farm is just outside harrisville. He said the black wolf is also pretty big compared to a coyote.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's 2 or maybe 1 from South Mississippi.....

Comment

I have seen 2 different blacks on one of the places I hunt. I got a video of one last year at 10 yards with no shot and trail cam pics of another. 1 in trail cam was pretty young

Comment

I've only seen one.

Comment

Working...
                              X