No announcement yet.

Secrets to tenderize/season steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When using venison to make fried steak, I beat my meat pretty good! When grilling,I found putting it on the grill closer to room temperature and not over cooking makes for a more tender meal

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      When using venison to make fried steak, I beat my meat pretty good! When grilling,I found putting it on the grill closer to room temperature and not over cooking makes for a more tender meal

[emoji102][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heb fajita seasoning has tenderizer in it pepper and a pinch of salt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

Hey man, we don't want to know what you do while you cook your steak!

Comment

Marinating is for bad cuts of meat. A good tender steak needs nothing but salt and pepper or a good seasoning like Barnacle Dust or Chris'. Up the steak choice and enjoy. It oesn't have to be prime to be a good steak either. Just make sure you have good marbling in the ribeyes or strips...

Comment

I put absolutely nothing on my steaks. I lost my taste for salt when I was a teenager. I only use it when its called for in a recipe. Haven't picked up a salt shaker at the table in 50 years. I just like the taste from the coals.

Comment

I dont buy tuff steaks!!!

Comment

Cavendars Greek Seasoning and a little Worchester sauce is what I like

Comment

Use vineagar. I prefer Apple cider vinegar it breaks down the enzyme in meat. I let steak sit in it for half hour before I cook. It cooks off and can't really taste it in and product.

Comment

Buy good cuts, dry age in the refrigerator for a few days, lightly season with salt & pepper and don't overcook (use a meat thermometer). My preference as of late has been to do a reverse sear on steaks

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          I put absolutely nothing on my steaks. I lost my taste for salt when I was a teenager. I only use it when its called for in a recipe. Haven't picked up a salt shaker at the table in 50 years. I just like the taste from the coals.
                          Salt will start to break down the enzymes in the meat and tenderize it prior to cooking, you don't even taste it as long as you don't get carried away.

Comment

I agree with the comments that buying prime beef will negate the need to tenderize. As opposed to just salt & pepper, I prefer to use Montreal's or Fiesta brand seasoning. The key for me is to just not over do it.

With that said, sometimes the grocery store will have a really good deal on a pack of sirloins or similar that's almost too cheap to pass up. For something like that, I really like to marinate overnight in Italian dressing. Helps tenderize a bit and adds a good flavor.

Comment

For those suggesting to age a few days in the frig, how do you know how long they have already been aging at the meat market?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

I bet your Long Johns is loaded with sodium..

Comment

Working...
                                X