No announcement yet.

Expensive lesson learned new f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really sucks. I'm not a huge fan of sunroofs. My wife bought a new Altima back in 2004 with a (unbeknownst to us at the time) faulty sunroof design. After a few good rains we noticed the inside of the car was smelling really dank and mildewed. Then after one particularly hard rain storm we got in the car and *squish* *squish* then entire interior was flooded. Took it to the dealer and they searched high and low and couldn't find the leak until they finally got a technician to sit in the car while they hosed it down and watched the water weep past the sunroof down the headliner.

Long story short they never admitted fault...tried to put the blame on my wife saying the sunroof has "dirt and debris" in the tracks that was causing it to leak. She never used it so how it got that crap in there is beyond us. They paid to have the interior "cleaned" but it was never right.
    Last edited by JonBoy; 07-30-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Well don't put Diesel in you DEF tank either, you will be buying a complete DEF system, how do I know? Some idiot at work did it and we are waiting for all the parts to fix it.

Comment

Dangit man. I won’t buy one without a sunroof and use the crap out of it. So far only had a problem out of one of them.

Comment

Mine is in the shop for the 2nd time for a derail. It seems like the heat "seals" the weather stripping and when opening the roof, the seal wont break free of the glass causing the derail.
          First fix was under warranty, but truck is out of warranty now. This fix is within their 12mo 12k repair guarantee and I'm going to hold their feet to the fire on this, because I know it's not going to be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            That's reason number 11 u don't buy a truck with a sun roof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in South Texas. I spend alot of time trying to stay out of the son. Dang sure dont need it shining in through my cab. I know a guy with 2015 F150 that his replaced twice. First time it was replaced it still leaked, took it back to the dealership. It still leaked just not as bad. He finally just sealed it all around with silicone and doesn't open it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                I live in South Texas. I spend alot of time trying to stay out of the son. Dang sure dont need it shining in through my cab.

That’s one of the first things I said and thought of when these trucks and SUV’s started having this option. Why dont they just go ahead and include skin cancer with those sunroofs.

And hail!!! Just another piece of glass to worry about and seals to leak. It’s not if they’ll leak but rather when.

Comment

Trade her in after repairs they will usually leak or whistle going down the road

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                    Mine is in the shop for the 2nd time for a derail. It seems like the heat "seals" the weather stripping and when opening the roof, the seal wont break free of the glass causing the derail.
                    First fix was under warranty, but truck is out of warranty now. This fix is within their 12mo 12k repair guarantee and I'm going to hold their feet to the fire on this, because I know it's not going to be cheap.
                    I'd disconnect the wires to the switch!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      They're not really trucks. You just drive them on the pavement and look pretty .
                      Wonder how one would hold up offroad?
                      Mine always has cow crap and bugs plastered to it. Cattle guards and mud holes are driven over and through every day. People in the cities can smirk at our dirty pickup trucks and HD trucks but we actually use ours for serious work. No garage queens out here in the sticks.

Comment

A guy in our office building had his two piece moon roof shattered while driving on the interstate. One little rock did the trick. I think he was driving a mid range Ford car, probably only half the cost of your F250.

Comment

Working...
                        X