Beer Fridg Help/Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer Fridg Help/Ideas

Ok Beer drinkers here's one for the ones that have a garage Beer Fridge, I'm looking for one that holds like a 30 pak and some water and V8s, nothing big tho, and one that KEEPS beer cold. I've had two of the small refrigerators with deep freeze on top from Lowes and Home Depot and neither will keep beer cold, so shoot me some ideas on what to buy and where and a cost if you know. Dont want to break the bank but I'm not a tight wad either.

I bought a glass front cooler from Best Buy. Was a couple hundred. Goes down to 34 degrees. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a fridge out of someone’s driveway for $50 years ago, made it into a dual tap kegerator in anticipation of home brewing which I never did. I did use it for a keg of Dos XX for a very long time though, just never the home kegs.

Still have the fridge in fact, hasn’t been plugged in for about a year and a half though. Look for something like that, probably the best $50 I ever spent due to longevity.

Comment

I use a frigidaire side by side from the sears scratch and dent store. Will hold a lot of beer. Crank up the coldness level in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The majority of mini-fridges will be for wine, and will regulate down to approx. 40 degrees. Get one specifically for canned beverages and they usually are good to 34 degrees. I like this one.

Comment

Coldness level is maxed out on the cold side still not cold enough it's supposed to be 34 degrees But still have to put them in the fridge for like 20 mins
            Last edited by randall; 06-13-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I picked up a mini fridge from a garage sale and have used it as a beer fridge for over 5 years. I have to adjust the coldness to keep beer from freezing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a mini fridge for $75 used from c-list, and it’s been great. I made a “shelf” to get it off the floor and it hides in plain site. I can get 42 bottles if I really stack them in there. Never have a temp issue, it’s in the garage in south Texas.

Comment

Facebook marketplace for a cheap used fridge. We have 3 fridges in my house and the nicest one is in the garage with the worst one but they both get cold. A few dings here and there shouldn't matter for a garage fridge. Function>fashion. Unless fashion is important, in which case just blow the budget.

Comment

I bought an “apartment size” fridge for $50 a couple years ago. Its bigger than a mini fridge but smaller than a full size fridge. Keeps things very cold and is just the right size.

Comment

Working...
                    X