Needing a job thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing a job thread

I’m attaching photos to show better than just words in a resume. My background is in construction (Custom Building, General construction etc), farming and ranching, landscaping, and general cattle and horse care. I owned my own business at one time and was also employed by my dad’s custom building business. I’ve been involved with numerous ranch infrastructure projects where I was always hands on and in the dirt. At this time I’d like to stay in Texas. I’ve worked in four different states.

The workshop shown below was started while several other ranch projects were going at the same time. We were building a new ranch road, filling in several low areas that needed fill dirt, building new pipe fencing and barbed wire fences, clearing lots of trees and brush, excavating a large pond, prepping another area for a covered horse arena as well as a future house site, and several other ranch projects all at the same time. The photos show that the projects were still ongoing. I helped build the forms, dig the footings, pour and screed the concrete, and erect the steel frame.

That pond took a long time to complete. Once we had to pump out part of it when a heavy rain moved in and filled the area still needing to be dug out more.

I spent a lot of seat time operating the scrapers. Maintenance and repair was constant.

The fishing dock was mostly constructed while there wasn’t any water in the pond. We laid out the holes, drilled them and then inserted long pipes into the holes. A large excavator was used to push each pipe as deep as possible well below the bottom of the augered holes. Then they were cemented in place. We had planned to hire a cement pumper truck to pour the walkway surface later on when we were also pouring the workshop slab. Weather and delays prevented from doing both.

The group of calves were the first crop from a new herd of registered black angus. I helped to tag and weigh most of them at birth. Many days were spent protecting them from coyotes and hogs. All too often they’d squeeze out and end up in the nearby creek bottom and thick brush. That usually required me to walk a long distance to the nearest access gate to the creek. You easily can get attached to them and their moms when you spend seven days a week caring for them all. :-)

Some of the other photos illustrate experience on other ranches where I was employed.

Will be happy to send my resume upon request. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Worksalot; 03-26-2020, 11:19 AM.

More
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Worksalot; 03-26-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Just adding more pics to show a little more of my past work experience. The registered black angus cattle were some of the most gentle I’ve ever worked with. One of the heifers would come up and hug me like a puppy dog. She was as gentle as can be. Sure miss working with that herd.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Worksalot; 03-26-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

East TX is looking for some more hands. Must provide own spot light and be willing to work nights

Good luck in your search

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          East TX is looking for some more hands. Must provide own spot light and be willing to work nights

Good luck in your search

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Bumpity

Comment

Evening bump

Comment

You have to protect calves from hogs???

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                  You have to protect calves from hogs???
                  Yes, at that one particular ranch the hogs were numerous. Even when I buried dead heifers deep with a tractor the hogs would dig every single one up and eat them.

It was mainly when the calves were newborns that I had to really watch closely. There was a creek just a short distance to the east where the hogs would often congregate as well as coyotes. The small calves would crawl under the fence where any gap existed from a low spot and head to the creek. I gave up trying to mow the tall thorny brush along the creek after numerous flat tires on the tractor.

Comment

I’m confused, is this is an employment wanted post or a look at what I have done? Considering your previous post history, I assume it’s another attention grab.

Good luck in whatever you are searching for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

If you know the hogs and coyotes are eating the dead cows, then why bother to bury them?

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Good luck in the job search...

Comment

Landmark Nursery in Irving is hiring, saw a sign there yesterday
                              Hope you’re doing well in spite of not working bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X