Best bow weight for 3-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bow weight for 3-D

I ordered a new BW bow....60 pounds is the max and thats what I ordered....I have been using 56# for 3-D and 66# for hunting... I worry about changing anything....what do you think.... 56 or 60?

I like to shoot the # I am using to hunt with, 57#

Comment

I consider 3-D just hunting practice...so what ever bow you plan on hunting with, practice with.

If you are never going to hunt with it and just do the shoots, go light weight like 40 something.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
        I consider 3-D just hunting practice...so what ever bow you plan on hunting with, practice with.

If you are never going to hunt with it and just do the shoots, go light weight like 40 something.
        Just about to the letter what I was going to type before I read it.

Comment

Use 3-D as you would practice, to get the correct form and muscle imprint. Use what ever weight that will let you do that. Usually I would think that a lighter weight bow would allow you to better imprint the correct form in your muscle memory.

Comment

Buff, just do what you want to! Theres no doubt you can shoot. Chunky said so. Your gameroom is almost full, unless you add on a "shrine room" like Chunky. Theres no doubt you can handle the weight. Anyone who can take a 3" banister post in the rear end has to be "BIG".

Now for a person who like myself, hasn't killed many animals with bow and only has a couple, I shoot 3D with the ones I hunt with.....

Comment

Broken arrow,

That is funny.
              I agree that I shoot the one's I hunt with.

See ya'll Tuesday.
              Bobby

Comment

for me it seems like if I do most of my practice with a light weight bow.....56# and then hunt with a heavier bow ...66# I shoot the heavier bow better than if I just shoot it all the time. I'm just trying to decide between 56 and 60

Comment

It's 4#s...you're doing the right thing. ....

What's the draw weight of the PSA-X Bocote? and the longbows....

Comment

SHRINE ROOM....SHRINE ROOM....I believe that hit me. Nice shot.

Comment

MJ, that was not a shot at you....If I had a room like that I'd be **** proud of it.

MT

Comment

Too bad Taylor cause you got me in a soft spot. I tell the kids to call it the hunting room or the den, because trophy room sounds so egotistical.

Besides that you know I can't be offended. I dish out plenty and am will to take it back anytime. I appreciate a good shot and that reminds me...have you been working on your 10 yard shot????

Comment

Yep, been working on it. We are going to shoot Tuesday around 11:00 am in Dayton at Triple Edge Archery if you can make it. It'll be me, Bobby, and Wil.

Comment

Oh, sorry to HI-jack the BW thread.

Comment

MJ, If you want to go stop by my house and I would be HONORED to drive you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X