No announcement yet.

New Sarrel's Archery Longbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This arrow hit the ground 5 feet in front of the fence. The outside of the fence has dirt built up above it so it's unlikely it went past. Also, there is a busy street outside the fence and I heard no sound of the arrow scraping across the pavement. It's going to be alright...it won't be the last I lose for sure, just bummed it was on my first time shooting it.

Comment

That's a beauty for sure!

Comment

Nice looking bow!

Comment

Okay guys, tonight I cut the grass and decided I was going to try one last time to find that arrow. After cutting, I got the weed trimmer out and started to take down the bermuda/saint augustine mat of weed/grass. Despite my lowest cut on the mover, there was about 2 inches of thick grass mesh to get to dirt. After about a 5' by 2' path, I found the arrow. As you can see from the picture, the fletchings are more or less destroyed. The marks on the shaft are from a pass with the trimmer. I didn't think it would shoot, but got the bow out and tried anyhow. The arrow shot, but veered off. I checked the shaft out to find it pretty straight. I think if I replace the fletchings it should be good to go.

Comment

If those marks on the shaft are from the weedeater, and those are wood shafts, I would check very carefully to make sure there are no cracks before I shot it again!

Persistence pays off! Congrats on finding it. Now it is no longer the first arrow you have ever lost.

Bisch

Comment

Little steam and those feathers will be just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf in Hawaii View Post
                Little steam and those feathers will be just fine
                Really? Explain!

Bisch, the marks are superficial and there are no cracks further.

Comment

So after Greywolf's post about steam I was intrigued. I looked it up and found an Olympic archer's blog about steaming feathers back into shape if they were wet or messed up. I put a pot of water on and proceeded to try this out on the feathers Sam Harper gave me. While the results weren't perfect, it did a pretty good job of straightening the frizzy pieces back to somewhat normal. Satisfied with this, I took the arrow that was found and did the same thing. The results were consistent with the arrows from Sam, and while not perfect...I am happy with the results. I'm about to go shoot the arrow to see if it will be good enough for practice.

Thanks Greywolf!

Comment

Working...
                  X