Tikka T3X vs. Bergara B14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3X vs. Bergara B14

Torn between getting the Tikka or the Bergara in .308 Everyone I know who has owned a Tikka swears by them but the Bergaras look pretty slick and their barrels are amazing. Anybody own these or have any thoughts?
    Attached Files

I bought a T3x in 308 recently and love it. Consider buying the $10 trigger spring as a nice upgrade.

Comment

Both great rifles, but I'm smitten with my Tikka T3x

Comment

Shot the Begara BMP a little at FTW out to 700 and it would hang with my Gunwerks. I’m in the market for a 6.5 and strongly considered the Tikka T3x Tac a1 but ultimately decided against a chassis system. Instead, I’m holding out for the Bergara HMR Pro if my guy can ever get one. I’m sure the Tikka will shoot, but actual experience with the Bergara made my decision for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
          Shot the Begara BMP a little at FTW out to 700 and it would hang with my Gunwerks. I’m in the market for a 6.5 and strongly considered the Tikka T3x Tac a1 but ultimately decided against a chassis system. Instead, I’m holding out for the Bergara HMR Pro if my guy can ever get one. I’m sure the Tikka will shoot, but actual experience with the Bergara made my decision for me.
          I'm pretty sold on the Bergara myself. Hoping I can get it in the next month or two

Comment

Originally posted by Breeves13 View Post
            I'm pretty sold on the Bergara myself. Hoping I can get it in the next month or two
            I'm sure you'll love it.

A couple differences you may already be aware of

Bergara 308 is a true short action. Tikka isn't
            Has hinged floor plate (assuming all bottom metal vs plastic detachable box in tikka)
            Bergars shows a twist rate in 308 of 1:12. I think Tikka is 1:11
            Bergara is about 3/4 # heavier

Comment

I purchased the Bergara B14 Timber in the 6.5 Creed last year, it will shoot 3/4" groups out of the box with factory 140gr ammo at 100 yds, my handloads shot about the same with the same POI. I have yet to adjust the trigger, I don't feel that it needs it, it is adjustable. I like that the action is pretty much a clone of the Rem 700, use the same scope mounts etc.
              To me the bolt is not as smooth as it could be, but it cycles the brass with no flaws, I have heard that the Tikka bolt is "smooth as silk". Good luck with your decision, cant go wrong with either one.

Comment

tikka

Comment

I looked at both and was dead set on the Tikka. After much deliberation i couldn't justify the cost and ended up with another Ruger American and applied the leftover dollars to add more to my scope fund. Both are fine rifles but i didn't like the hinged plate.
                  Don't think you could go wrong with either of your 2 choices.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its a pretty even race there man accuracy, stocks, bolts the tikka is smoother, cant go wrong with either. If you plan on carrying the rifle a ways or doing spot stalk hunt go with the Tikka its probably 1/2 pound lighter maybe more.
                    Haven't stretched out a bergara but I have been able to smack a 16" gong pretty consistently at 800yds with a Tikka T3 Lite in a 223. Supposedly the tikka has an action that is trued/blue printed from the factory.
                    Last edited by DuramaxDude; 05-02-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm gonna have to really just go with my gut after I hold and mess with both. Probably just gonna be which ever one feels better to me

Comment

Originally posted by Breeves13 View Post
                        I guess I'm gonna have to really just go with my gut after I hold and mess with both. Probably just gonna be which ever one feels better to me
                        Good decision. You can't make a wrong choice as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by ckat View Post
                          Good decision. You can't make a wrong choice as far as I am concerned.
                          X2

Comment

I have both but I like the Tikka's better. The actions on the tikka's are awesome.

Comment

Following.

I recently sighted in my bro-in-laws tikka 30-06 and was impressed with it. Something about the bergaras really intrigues me though

Comment

Working...
                              X