Wounded Soldiers First Deer Hunt Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wounded Soldiers First Deer Hunt Video

Here is a video that I just finished. It is not a bow shot, so do not get excited. The great thing about this hunt is the subject. I was able to go along with Nick and a guide on his FIRST EVER deer hunt. Nick was wounded in Iraq and took part in this years Show of Support. I just finished putting the video together today and will ship it off to him in the next day or so. This is a 142 MB video. It is 20 minutes long and please understand that this was made for him to remember the entire day, not just to show on the internet. I thought I would share it with all of you as it is something that not many of us get to experience anymore. I can say that I was more excited than he was with his kill.

He is using his brand new 7 mag that was given to all of the wounded guys. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.thegillfam.com/sos/nick_lewis.wmv

Great video,I am sure that he will treasure it for years to come. Thanks for your efforts. It is appreciated more than you know.

Comment

Awesome video thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hey Chris, great video. Thanks for all you do to help these guys with their hunts. Hope to see you again next year at the Show of Support. Helping you guys with SOS is the highlight of my year.

Damon
        Last edited by Westex; 12-27-2007, 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Westex View Post
          Hey Chris, great video. Thanks for all you do to help these guys with their hunts. Hope to see you again next year at the Show of Support. Helping you guys with SOS is the highlight of my year.

Damon

Unless I get fired by Terry I will be there... You are right, that is the highlight of the year. This year was the first time I had been on the back end of it and let me say that it was different than the year before when I was one of the guys being told thanks. We did all kinds of work for months and then in a matter of a week, it was over. That was the only bad part that I saw. Maybe we need to make this a 6 month adventure!

The great thing about this program is that everyone of the people that return, wounded or not, are wounded mentally. I know that I have things that I am still dealing with from my injury and mentally and just being around these guys is healing for me as well as for them. It is the greatest thing that I have worked with... Looking forward to next year.

Comment

Good stuff, great vid also.

Comment

I wanted to say thanks for everyone for doing this for the fellow soldiers in the armed forces. Being a veteran of the Iraq qar i know what these men and women deal with. THANKS for giving your support.

Comment

Originally posted by jdafonte2000 View Post
                I wanted to say thanks for everyone for doing this for the fellow soldiers in the armed forces. Being a veteran of the Iraq qar i know what these men and women deal with. THANKS for giving your support.
                Sorry, I am out of town and living in a hotel for 3 weeks so I just saw this. Thank you for your comments and thank you for your service. It is people like you that keep all of us free enough to do what we are doing now, WHATEVER WE WANT!

Comment

You welcome just thankful there are fine folks out ther that understand what we do and why we do them.

Comment

great vid thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X