No announcement yet.

New Insanity for Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. It is insanely awesome! I've got it up to 66 pounds now and the heavier I make it, the smoother it gets. With my 26 inch arrows I'm getting 322 fps! So I'm not complaining.

It's very accurate and easy to shoot. The only thing I notice, which is mostly me being out of practice, is that it's sensative to canting, especially at longer distance. Keep her level and stay relaxed and she's dead on. Cant her a bit and she'll throw a bit to the left or right.

Comment

Bought the Assassin from Mesquite, but since I wanted the BlackOps I have had to wait for it to come in. I have never shot before, but have been watching my son have a good time shooting. I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. Have a good time with your Insanity and hope to see you at mesquite

Comment

That's sounds great at 66 lb and a ibo arrow of 330 gr min weight. Shooting 322 at 27 puts that bow over ibo.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          That's sounds great at 66 lb and a ibo arrow of 330 gr min weight. Shooting 322 at 27 puts that bow over ibo.
          You're right and that was changed after I posted this. Changed my arrows to 369 grain Hunter XT Camo at 69# Keeping them in the recommended zone and shooting 308 fps.

Also, had my bow tech explain that those IBO rules apply to 30 inch draw and by shooting only 27 inch draw I can actually go lighter than the 5 grain per pound and still fall in the 5 grain per pound IBO standards.

Comment

All I heard was the Mathews felt better, but I have selective hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooBlade View Post
              You're right and that was changed after I posted this. Changed my arrows to 369 grain Hunter XT Camo at 69# Keeping them in the recommended zone and shooting 308 fps.

Also, had my bow tech explain that those IBO rules apply to 30 inch draw and by shooting only 27 inch draw I can actually go lighter than the 5 grain per pound and still fall in the 5 grain per pound IBO standards.

IBO speeds are established: 70# 30" draw with 350gr arrow.

In theory a 60# with a 300gr. should be close to same speed. But reguardless of draw length, from 26"-31" the minimum a company (other than High Country) will warranty is 5gr per pound of draw weight.

Min. 300gr for a 60#
              Min. 325gr for a 65#
              Min. 350gr for a 70#
              and so on.

Your 369gr @ 69# is well within range. I may just be reading your post wierd or something.

Comment

I guess I don't understand. At 27 in you can go lighter then 5 gn and still fall in the 5 gn for ibo. Just me but 5 gn per lb min is what he manufactures will warranty. So no matter what your draw lenth is your arrow should always weight at lest 5x draw weight no matter what lenth of draw. See post above. If your bow tech is telling you different you might want to get a second opinion.

Comment

I shot one at Double G last week........it will be my next bow.

Comment

I've got my Insanity CPX Black Ops on order! I am waiting on an 80lb Insanity to take to Africa next year!

My Dad got one that he is shooting at #63 at it is AWESOME.

I heard a lot of people saying that the Insanity wasn't enough of a change from the Invasion.....They are night and day different!

Enjoy!!

Comment

Congrats on the new bow.

Comment

I have started to think that I need one.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Stop typing and go shoot...

Comment

I'm not selling my 350 but I am getting the new Insanity. Phenomenal deflex riser, smooth & very fast IMO

Comment

congrats nice rig brother

Comment

Working...
                                X