$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    I was the guy that knew all the facts and put a few on here in the beginning. Some I couldn't share until the case was closed. Then got bashed for making it public from all the Travis lovers. I was called a liar as well. I was clear they were not assumptions and knew details blow by blow everyday. Non of those guys comment anymore on this issue.
    Sounds like some owe you an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlion0721 View Post
      People keep mentioning they are surprised this thread hasn’t been whacked. Why would these threads get deleted in the first place?
      Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Every other one has been.

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Every time the TJ 278 pic is posted wearing that TBH shirt the threads have been deleted more often than not.

This is misinformation. Just do a search for 278 (and/or 271) and you'll see plenty of posts about it (including the original)...and get an understanding of why the EXCESS of threads and unnecessary "tangents" were deleted.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        Supposed to be in the Texas Game Warden Headquarters on the "Wall of Shame". That's what I read somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
        Behind the Colonels desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

This is misinformation. Just do a search for 278 (and/or 271) and you'll see plenty of posts about it (including the original)...and get an understanding of why the EXCESS of threads and unnecessary "tangents" were deleted.

IBTL
          [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is what concerns me...... the article says he "faces" 53k worth of fines, not that he will be fined 53k. I am ok with the punishment IF this guys pays that much money. Is two years probation to short? Maybe....... probably IMO but he can always go to another state and hunt but then monetary fine will hurt no matter where you are.

Comment

There’s a few of these threads that remind me of the time I went to the beauty salon with my wife to get her hair done for her brothers wedding and just sat and listened to the conversations for a couple hours. I think the only difference is I willingly come on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                  I was the guy that knew all the facts and put a few on here in the beginning. Some I couldn't share until the case was closed. Then got bashed for making it public from all the Travis lovers. I was called a liar as well. I was clear they were not assumptions and knew details blow by blow everyday. Non of those guys comment anymore on this issue.
                  I know right!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    but he can always go to another state and hunt but then monetary fine will hurt no matter where you are.
                    There is an Interstate Wildlife Violater Compact that prevents this in most states. The following states are Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Comment

Comment

Wondered what happened in that case. I remember the original thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                          Here is what concerns me...... the article says he "faces" 53k worth of fines, not that he will be fined 53k. I am ok with the punishment IF this guys pays that much money. Is two years probation to short? Maybe....... probably IMO but he can always go to another state and hunt but then monetary fine will hurt no matter where you are.
                          Actually he won’t be able to legally hunt in 48 states due to the “interstate wildlife violator compact” for those two years. Looks like I was beat to it.

Comment

I’m just wondering when he’s gonna be on Lone Star Law lol

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post

Actually he won’t be able to legally hunt in 48 states due to the “interstate wildlife violator compact” for those two years. Looks like I was beat to it.
                              Well that is good to hear! I still hope he gets hit in the pocket book.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                                Deferred adjudication? So he keeps his nose clean for 2 years and then no record? Can't buy a hunting license during the 2 years? Yep, $53k is a hit, but if I was the judge, probably would have gotten a "no hunting" lifetime sentence too, especially if he is a repeat offender.
                                I imagine it was a plea bargain. The "no contest" plea would indicate that.

Comment

Working...
                                X