• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For pig's

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      I’ve always had lots of activity over the years from 12/6-12/14 we’ll see what next weekend brings... acorns are still falling at this point it may be a year round crop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday 12/8 looks like a good day to me lol

Comment

I’ve always had lots of activity over the years from 12/6-12/14 we’ll see what next weekend brings... acorns are still falling at this point it may be a year round crop

Ye. Our deer usually get back on the corn just before Christmas. Makes for a good muzzle loader season.

I should have taken a picture of the acorns i hunted Saturday night. Hard to believe there is still a crop left

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          Saturday 12/8 looks like a good day to me lol

Lmao we got other properties to tend to

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Ye. Our deer usually get back on the corn just before Christmas. Makes for a good muzzle loader season.

I should have taken a picture of the acorns i hunted Saturday night. Hard to believe there is still a crop left

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I literally got hit in the head by an acorn on the walk in [emoji1750]*[emoji3603]

Comment

I literally got hit in the head by an acorn on the walk in [emoji1750]*[emoji3603]

Couple weeks ago I was eyeing a doe through my scope and an huge acorn hit the top of the stand (which is plastic). It was so stinkin’ loud I honestly thought my gun had gone off.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                I walked up on him beaded in a field at 40. I know he won’t make it. Not even a question. But.... if he just passed through an area I had no doubt anyone would shoot first. It was a younger teen and turning him in wouldn’t do anything positive for him or bring the deer back. He’s happy and it’s just a deer. I got more and bigger, just one of those WOW YOUNGSTERS that you just have to wonder what he will be.

This buck was so dumb he didn’t have a chance anyway. I guess due to age but he was fearless
                That’s a shame and I understand your position.

Comment

Acorns are easily going to ruin my season. I’m going to have to do a little more digging and hunt trails and get off corn all in general

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                    Acorns are easily going to ruin my season. I’m going to have to do a little more digging and hunt trails and get off corn all in general

This past weekend I saw deer each sit. However, I saw more hunting mostly acorns rather than corn. Even the first day light pig Ive seen since Oct was on acorns

Comment

Going to put a camera off my corn and on a trail and see what kind of results I get

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	21DE17AD-9F78-489D-AA5E-339F26BF5A80.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	24563054

I have three spots where I have corn, 2 feeders and one I did hand corn first week of November. Because of all the rain and sitting so long they are all starting new crops. Lol

I have been seeing a little deer activity at night near the feeders, but what is surprising is the hogs have not been around in weeks and this is extremely abnormal for this area. I guess the hogs have been hit hard this year also.

J

Comment

And here is one with personality for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C2FA4F0-1BD8-4D9C-82B7-2AD4E9B81C9B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	24563055

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post

I would normally say thats a good plan...but I haven't seen squat hunting an acorn raining oak flat in weeks, so its all a crap shoot

But now that the roadrunners have skipped town after thanksgiving weekend, maybe the deer will be more at ease and move a little better. I think the racetrack that we had going on for the first month of season had them locked down during the day. It'll be 2 weeks since I've been in the area I'll be hunting this coming weekend...so I believe that I'm about to break the dry spell for the year

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              I would normally say thats a good plan...but I haven't seen squat hunting an acorn raining oak flat in weeks, so its all a crap shoot

But now that the roadrunners have skipped town after thanksgiving weekend, maybe the deer will be more at ease and move a little better. I think the racetrack that we had going on for the first month of season had them locked down during the day. It'll be 2 weeks since I've been in the area I'll be hunting this coming weekend...so I believe that I'm about to break the dry spell for the year

Headed now to set up a camera on a well used trail that crosses a creek. I have a pile of deer on camera on hand corn but just at night. Hoping to see of I can get any daylight activity on a well used trial.. so many acorns in the woods they don’t have to move far

Comment

Showing back up to feed some now. He’ll pop in daylight randomly as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X