No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your eyes peeled for a email early next week.

Comment

With the lake dopping, given the same options I would definitely pick to hunt Seg B with Godwin opened as well.

Comment

Just got an email from Gayle saying they will let us know next week if the hunt is cancelled. Doesn't sound like they will be taking a vote.

Comment

Did they really take a vote for seg. A?

Comment

If everyone could at least express their thoughts by sending a reply email I think that would help our chances to get to hunt this year. I'm telling you all, there is still a lot of good hunting that could happen in the HAG this year! If they cancel this one its just going to set everyone back a year and everyone is really going to be sad when in two weeks the lake has dropped to 620 (a foot above normal elevation) and no one is getting to hunt!

Comment

When I spoke with HMFIC earlier I voiced that I would like to see it happen, but I'd agree with their decision. Also iterated that with an email response.

I'll know more this Saturday once I see it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                Did they really take a vote for seg. A?
                No it wasn't a vote per se, I misspoke, the just wanted feedback on options to deal with the flooding, I think most guys were happy to defer to 2019 with the possibility of being able to hunt big mineral unit and no flooding.

Comment

Boss, I'm in the few that would think what if the flooding is worse next year, stretch it to 2020? 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    Boss, I'm in the few that would think what if the flooding is worse next year, stretch it to 2020? 50/50.
                    If you’re getting a free pass to next year and not just a cancellation I don’t understand why you’re so against it

Comment

I talked to them yesterday and it was still up in the air. Water is still 5 ft past the roads and they said it takes a week to 10 days for it to dry out before they can blade them plus all the debris cleanup that stretches the staff thin. I am inclined that they will just push all the hunts back and pretend this year did not happen. I hunted in 2015 after the floods and yes they were worse but there was not much sign in the dead zone where the floods were. It was stinky and nasty. The hunting was not good that year. Just got to think that with the flooded areas its going to concentrate the hunters and push deer. So I don't know but I would just assume take my chances next year if I had a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        If you’re getting a free pass to next year and not just a cancellation I don’t understand why you’re so against it
                        Flood again next year, yeah possible but very low odds of that happening, think this is the first time they've ever had 12+ feet of flooding during the hunts since they started them and I think they've been doing the H hunts since the 80's???, 90's for sure.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 11-01-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          I'm not against moving it, I'll go along with whatever they want to do. I'll know more tomorrow, and I'll post pics.

Comment

So far, so good, no flooding in this area.

Comment

On years where there is flooding, such as now. They should just go ahead with the hunt, but open all units up so there is ample places to hunt and hunters aren’t so concentrated. I wouldn’t cancel it regardless, that just opens way more cans of worms. Just my opinion.

Comment

Is it true B got postponed to next year as well?, I'm guessing big mineral might not be open next year now.

Comment

Working...
                                X